Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well... Just ordered "Cell"...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by idsaluteyoubub
    I havent read those yet...and I think Desperation came first, but I may be wrong.

I wished I read those before the DT Series cause I hear you learn a bit more about the Series through those books. Same with Insomnia and one other...I forget what one..
    Bag of Bones

United States
    so Neil did you finish the book yet? What did you think?

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by erisi236
    so Neil did you finish the book yet? What did you think?
    70 pages in...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    70 pages in...

thats about a days worth of reading for me

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Undisclosed
    I purchased that book about a week after it came out, it was a treat for me I'm a big Stephen King Fan, but yeah the ending is a bit dissapointing I was expecting more. But overall it is now one of my favourite books. <3 People say they thought there wasn't as much depth into the characters as there should have been and etc. but overall I loved it, the plot was very good and interesting even though there are some minor things that get me mostly because I over-analyzed it too much. It's a great apocolypse end of the world story and a fun read, plenty of gore and blood and lots of twists and turns in the story. Some people didn't like it because they compared it to Kings other works, but if you'd never read a Stephen King book and just picked up this one by chance you're in for a great story.

I'll follow him there.
    "When tomorrow comes...We'll be one of them. <3"

Banned User

United States
    I have not read a book in 15 years. I know that is sad.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Anybody read The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon??? I just finished that. Pretty good short read from Stephen King.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff
    Anybody read The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon??? I just finished that. Pretty good short read from Stephen King.
    Yesss!!! That's another of my favourites! My dad had bought it for me one year for christmas and I read it in about 4 hours! I could not put it down, it's a great short story very physcological and has that creepiness about it because of how it could happen. Just last night I was talking to my friend about it because she asked what it was about (I keep my bookshelf close to my bed and she pointed it out) what luck you mentioned it. ^^ Good book it has quite the funny parts too like the Hershey Squirts I know that's disgusting but that part of the book made me laugh because I know a few people that have said that before. I liked how in the book you could tell she was slowly losing reality and etc...especially with the bear type creature? Hard to recall for me I think I should reread that book, all I know is it definetly made me rethink going hiking in the woods with my cousins, they thought I was crazy haha.

I'll follow him there.
    "When tomorrow comes...We'll be one of them. <3"

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Cell started out really well but towards the end I was just trying to finish it up, I was hoping for something more in scope of the Stand.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish
    I am about 50 pages into it and I like what I have read so far.

I got him to sign it for me at a lecture last Sunday Night, as well as my Creepshow and The Dark Half laserdiscs.
    forgive my squirelly ignorance, but what the hells a lazerdisc?

Quote Originally Posted by HLS
    I have not read a book in 15 years. I know that is sad.
    really?, thats incomprehensible to me, i regularly go through at least 3 a week, when the last harry potter came out i finished it in like 4 hours...

...what?
    Last edited by Danny; 19-Apr-2006 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I made some comments about cell in and another post made by Neil about Cell.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*