Thread: Old Forum

United States

Old Forum

Maybe I just wasnt paying attention, but where is the old forum? How long has it been gone? I thought I saw the link recently, but maybe not. Is it still accessible? Or will it be? Or is it gone for good?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Maybe I just wasnt paying attention, but where is the old forum? How long has it been gone? I thought I saw the link recently, but maybe not. Is it still accessible? Or will it be? Or is it gone for good?
    If you go to the Fiction Section, you can get to all/most of the "old forum" from there (look at the dropdown top right).

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/cgi/forum/forum.pl

Kind of nice to see some nice threaded discussions

But makes be kind of sad to look at it again considering the amount of effort I put into writing it all

Note: Logons are removed after 2 years of inactivity.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    AH, I did not notice the drop down in the top. Did you just make it that way? I could have sworn that within the last month or two there was still a link to get there on this page

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/board/index.html

Anyways, I am glad all that brillance is not lost forever!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    AH, I did not notice the drop down in the top. Did you just make it that way? I could have sworn that within the last month or two there was still a link to get there on this page

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/board/index.html

Anyways, I am glad all that brillance is not lost forever!
    No, the dropdown has always been there, or in the index path (top left) you can click "Homepage of the Dead", which will take you to a full index - http://www.homepageofthedead.com/cgi...pl?f=f&index=1

God I miss threads for nice simple conversations...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Canada
    Ahh awesome, I'm glad I looked here first before starting a thread to ask if the old forum was still around.
    It pays to not "jump the gun" and look before opening your mouth.
    Thanks guys!!!