Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haiti Priests Object to Mass Burials - why? ZOMBIES!

United States

Haiti Priests Object to Mass Burials - why? ZOMBIES!

Ok, this is interesting and strange at the same time:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100117/...e_haiti_voodoo

Here's a quick quote of the article:

PORT-AU-PRINCE (Reuters) – Haiti's voodoo priests are objecting to anonymous mass burials as an improper way to handle the tens of thousands of dead from the earthquake -- and have taken their complaint to President Rene Preval.

Dumping the dead in hurriedly excavated mass graves without proper rites is seen as desecration in a country where many believe in zombies -- dead bodies brought back to life by supernatural forces who could persecute the living.

Interesting. I hope they've read the Zombie Survival Guide.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Brains.....
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    PORT-AU-PRINCE (Reuters) – Haiti's voodoo priests are objecting to anonymous mass burials as an improper way to handle the tens of thousands of dead from the earthquake -- and have taken their complaint to President Rene Preval.

Dumping the dead in hurriedly excavated mass graves without proper rites is seen as desecration in a country where many believe in zombies -- dead bodies brought back to life by supernatural forces who could persecute the living.

Interesting. I hope they've read the Zombie Survival Guide.
    cue christian evangelists telling everyone that the earthquake was god's will because haiti tolerates voodoo.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Mass graves, psshhhhh.
    Everyone knows you gotta burn 'em...

England
    Give it a good few years when its not such a sensitive subject, and someone will probably use it as a film plot....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    cue christian evangelists telling everyone that the earthquake was god's will because haiti tolerates voodoo.
    Too late:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_422099.html

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    "Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it," he said on Christian Broadcasting Network's "The 700 Club." "They were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, we will serve you if you'll get us free from the French. True story. And so, the devil said, okay it's a deal."
    Do these fuckers actually think about what they are saying? "They got together and swore a pact to the devil" - what, all of them?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Do these fuckers actually think about what they are saying? "They got together and swore a pact to the devil" - what, all of them?

Religious tolerance has it's limits, imo.

There's a saying: "You don't change the way the town works in order to please the village idiot."

Infer from that what you will...

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Twitching

United States
    I have a small request,
    I'm a person of faith. *NOT* to be confused with an adherent of Organized Religion/Cult-like indoctrination. However, as someone who believes in Jesus and the God he represents, (All on my own, no church/religious groups etc) I simply ask that the bashing of Christianity be more specific and that it be recognized that the moron mouth-breathers of the 700 Club and other fundamentalist groups DO NOT IN FACT REPRESENT THE REST of US.

Apologies if my request has bothered anyone, but I'm tired of these idiots that I have no contact, influence or connection with being considered representative of the millions of individuals across the globe that are quite capable of forming and maintaining a rewarding relationship with the divinity of their choice, all without any help from the sort of idiots that spout this sort of historically revisionist sound byte as a means to explain and justify their position that Haiti "deserved it". (Which is essentially what they're saying).

These are the same morons who said much the same thing about the victims of the Tsunami that struck Thailand and parts of Indonesia.

That's all I ask, that people remember these callous, self-righteous, smugly delusional monsters are a tiny minority, who simply SEEM more/large/more numerous than they truly are due to the amped-up volume of their diatribes.

Thank you, and with respect for all Creeds,
    Wyldwraith

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    i figured that was coming and damn soon at that.

what was that saying about the village idiot again?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    I have a small request,
    I'm a person of faith. *NOT* to be confused with an adherent of Organized Religion/Cult-like indoctrination. However, as someone who believes in Jesus and the God he represents, (All on my own, no church/religious groups etc) I simply ask that the bashing of Christianity be more specific and that it be recognized that the moron mouth-breathers of the 700 Club and other fundamentalist groups DO NOT IN FACT REPRESENT THE REST of US.

Apologies if my request has bothered anyone, but I'm tired of these idiots that I have no contact, influence or connection with being considered representative of the millions of individuals across the globe that are quite capable of forming and maintaining a rewarding relationship with the divinity of their choice, all without any help from the sort of idiots that spout this sort of historically revisionist sound byte as a means to explain and justify their position that Haiti "deserved it". (Which is essentially what they're saying).

These are the same morons who said much the same thing about the victims of the Tsunami that struck Thailand and parts of Indonesia.

That's all I ask, that people remember these callous, self-righteous, smugly delusional monsters are a tiny minority, who simply SEEM more/large/more numerous than they truly are due to the amped-up volume of their diatribes.

Wyldwraith
    I see where you're coming from and i respect that.

With that said, It's unfortunate that the radical actions of the few belonging to a particular group cause the entire group to be viewed in a bad light.

Take cops for example: They don't all beat suspects, plant evidence, or do racist things but the public relations hit the P.D. takes when an unfortunate incident along those lines occurs is inevitable.

Same here. And it doesn't help that "reputable" members of the right wing don't speak out against this stuff because of political calculations. Can't bite the hand that feeds you right.

And the funny thing is these are the same right wingers clamoring For Imams and those of the Muslim faith to denounce their "radicals." Gotta love hypocracy.

United States
    I have a small request,

Wyldwraith
    Thank you Wyldwraith for speaking up about this and I agree with you!
    Just because someone says something soo stupid and outline does not mean we all feel the way. Who is anyone to say who is righteous and who isn't?
    From what I have learned those with no sin cast the first stone, ofcourse that is paraphased but you get what I mean. We are not to judge people in the first place.
    I don't agree on how some live but who am I..just another human being. I ain't so great that I can afford to judge someone else.
    My prayers go out for these people in Haiti...in the first place we should be seeing how we can help them not bash them all for what they believe in.
    My dear dear dad always lived this belief: if someone is in need you help them. Dad couldn't bear seeing some cold or hungry. He put feet to his beliefs, if someone needed he did what he could to help!
    I hope I can do as good at helping as he was, bless his heart and may he rest in peace! Mom was the same way, you helped people out thats it.

capncnut
    I have a small request,

Wyldwraith
    All I see in this thread are organised Christian groups being bashed, not the people who simply believe in Christ because they feel like they deserve salvation at the end of it all.

Sorry if that sounds slightly arrogant, but I got more respect for people who take the time to really understand and dedicate themselves to their faith. As opposed to folks who couldn't quote more than a couple of lines (if that) from the book of which the characters they believe in are based.

No offence intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    I was a born again Christian for a couple of years back in my yoof, with probably the biggest Christian group in the UK (name withheld, do some Googling). There was a minister there who was a good guy, was happy to approach us teens and talk about rock groups and videogames. We all loved him. About a year later, I asked one of the top bods of the group where that guy was, as we sort of missed him. She (bear in mind was up on stage preaching on a weekly basis to thousands of followers) nonchalantly replied, "He died of cancer. God took him away because he was a homosexual. It's so sad." Disgusted, I left that group, and everything to do Christianity there and then.

With comments like the one you just quoted, Mike, it really comes at no surprise.
    Last edited by capncnut; 19-Jan-2010 at 08:54 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    All I see in this thread are organised Christian groups being bashed, not the people who simply believe in Christ because they feel like they deserve salvation at the end of it all.
    indeed. nothing is above criticism. nothing.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    With comments like the one you just quoted, Mike, it really comes at no surprise.
    Personally speaking, in my experience, i find most people of faith to be very intollerant of others, mean spirited and really want nothing to do with you if you don't live the way they do.

So in turn i stay away rom them because they seem like , let's just say, not so nice people.

Which is wierd because all jesus used to do is hang out with sinners.

The thing that sticks out to me is where are the christian groups denouning this comment and others like it? (crickets)

Exactly. And that's why people associate all christians with that. If you saty silent you are condoning it.

WWJD indeed.

Last edited by darth los; 20-Jan-2010 at 02:28 PM.