Thread: Advertising NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD exhibit book

Undisclosed

Advertising NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD exhibit book

ADVERTISING NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD exhibit book (2009 ABJ).

This past Halloween's LIVING DEAD FESTIVAL in Evans City PA saw the first-ever exhibition of original US advertising material from NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, selections from the nearly 30-year collection of writer Andrew Jones.

Sponsored by Gary Streiner in association with the festival, the exhibit and accompanying exhibit book detail dozens of rare promotional items produced to sell the film: original Image Ten promos, Continental material from posters to press, original FLESH EATERS and ANUBIS photos, exhibitor-created material, news and trade paper, and tv and theater trailers. The book, a sort of reference field guide for the new collector, also includes detailed sections on the film's history and influence, film advertising materials by comparison with contemporary 1968 Hollywood, and grumblings from the author/collector.

There are still a few remaining copies of this raw festival edition, (86) pages in bw and color. Books are signed by the author.

Check it out on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Advertising-NIGH...item5638104f92

Or buy directly via murderhappycharacters@yahoo.com

(and ps thanks for the rondo nom!)

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MZSHAYPN MNSTR View Post

This past Halloween's LIVING DEAD FESTIVAL in Evans City PA saw the first-ever exhibition of original US advertising material from NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, selections from the nearly 30-year collection of writer Andrew Jones.

Sponsored by Gary Streiner in association with the festival, the exhibit and accompanying exhibit book detail dozens of rare promotional items produced to sell the film: original Image Ten promos, Continental material from posters to press, original FLESH EATERS and ANUBIS photos, exhibitor-created material, news and trade paper, and tv and theater trailers. The book, a sort of reference field guide for the new collector, also includes detailed sections on the film's history and influence, film advertising materials by comparison with contemporary 1968 Hollywood, and grumblings from the author/collector.

There are still a few remaining copies of this raw festival edition, (86) pages in bw and color. Books are signed by the author.

Check it out on ebay:

That sounds really interesting. I didn't realise Night of the Flesh Eaters and Night of Anubis promo materials even existed!

Undisclosed

Night of anubis / flesh eaters

Early press items created by Image Ten bear alternate titles: photos created by Karl and Marilyn (reverse-stamped only, either title -or in one case, a photo I own has BOTH); various press releases; early news and trade paper articles; and a small cloth banner created by George's father in at-present unknown numbers (unsure if they created any ANUBIS ones; reference Russo's COMPLETE NOTLD for a FLESH EATERS one; -my exhib book shows a color LIVING DEAD one).

Whether Image Ten created any early alternate-title posters is currently unknown (doubtful, unless in extremely small numbers and most likely destroyed after the final title change).

The earliest actual poster seems to be an 11x16 sort of "pole poster" or handbill, produced by Continental (though not printed by the NSS). Looks pretty much like the standard NSS one-sheet, though its bw and newsprint. There were (1000) printed and given away prior to the movie premiere - I know of maybe 3 that still exist (also seen in the exhib book).

Undisclosed

Check it out on ebay:

Just received mine and it's definitely one of the must haves in your collection if you are a fan of Night Of The Living Dead. Great information and lots of photos of the advertising materials. Really nicely done and a limited book not to be missed

United States
    Used to work with Andrew years ago in Hollyweird. Great guy - used to tell me that he blamed all of his life's troubles on DOTD 78.

I didn't know about the Anubis promo material. That is too cool.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed

unconfirmed

There was a rumor circulating that Jones was seriously injured in a car wreck in Las Vegas several weeks ago (the Vegas paper said he remains in a near-vegetative state, was returned to PA on life support). According to Jones' wife, should he die, in accordance with his will, items from what's understood to be "the collection" are to be cremated along with his body. Apparently, among other sites, some of these ashes would be sprinkled in the Evans City cemetery.

Undisclosed
    According to Jones' wife, should he die, in accordance with his will, items from what's understood to be "the collection" are to be cremated along with his body.
    Cool, I just started a crematorium. I make house calls, too. No need to worry about that collection finding a final resting place on ebay... I mean, in Evans City.