Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: All Black People, Please Leave

United States

All Black People, Please Leave

This one kind of makes me laugh with frustration.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Black-...19349.html?x=0

Bruce Shipkowski, Associated Press Writer, On Thursday March 18, 2010, 1:07 am EDT
    WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) -- A Walmart store announcement ordering black people to leave brought chagrin and apologies Wednesday from leaders of the company, which has built a fragile trust among minority communities.

A male voice came over the public-address system Sunday evening at a store in Washington Township, in southern New Jersey, and calmly announced: "Attention, Walmart customers: All black people, leave the store now."

Shoppers in the store at the time said a manager quickly got on the public-address system and apologized for the remark. And while it was unclear whether a rogue patron or an employee was responsible for the comment, many customers expressed their anger to store management.

"I want to know why such statements are being made, because it flies in the face of what we teach our children about tolerance for all," said Sheila Ellington, who was in the store at the time with a friend. "If this was meant to be a prank, there's only one person laughing, and it's not either one of us."

Ellington, of Monroe, and her friend Patricia Covington said they plan to boycott the retailer until they're assured the issue has been addressed so it doesn't happen again.

The pair said they were stunned when they heard the announcement and initially believed they had misheard it. But once the words sank in, they grew angry.

"I depended on Walmart for all my needs, because the store has pretty much everything you could want," Covington said. "But until this issue is addressed in a way I'm comfortable with, I can't walk through those doors again."

Officials with Wal-Mart Stores Inc., based in Bentonville, Ark., said that the announcement was "unacceptable" and that they're trying to determine who made it and how it happened.

"We are just as appalled by this incident as our customers," the company said in a statement. "Whoever did this is just wrong and acted in an inappropriate manner. Clearly, this is completely unacceptable to us and to our customers."

This is not the first time the retailer has faced such problems.

There have been several past instances of black customers claiming they were treated unfairly at Walmart stores, and the company faced lawsuits alleging that women were passed over in favor of men for pay raises and promotions.

In February 2009, the retailer paid $17.5 million to settle a class action lawsuit alleging racial discrimination in its hiring of truck drivers.

And the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission sued the company in May 2009, claiming some Hispanic employees at a Sam's Club subsidiary in California were subjected to a hostile work environment. That suit alleges managers failed to stop repeated verbal harassment, including the use of derogatory words, against employees of Mexican descent.

However, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People has said the company has worked hard in recent years to show it cares about diversity.

Bill Mitchell, a former Walmart employee who was shopping Wednesday at the store, said that he was saddened to hear about the announcement but that "as a black man, I've heard worse things."

As customer Sharon Osbourne, of Williamstown, left the store Wednesday, she called the announcement "appalling, stupid and sad."
    This is a classic case of "waahhhh, my pussy hurts".

Anyone with even half a fucking brain will realize that this was some random jackass grabbing the mic and making his "announcement", and running off. Period.

But no, "I can't shop at Wal-Mart anymore, because they aren't producing a head on a platter". GET A FUCKING LIFE! It's a slur-and-dash from a nobody, not the CEO of Wal-Mart making a fucking policy, you knuckleheads. Get over yourself, and see things as they are, instead of playing the victim.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There's a chance it could've been a stupid employee dicking around, but as SRP said it's most likely a customer picking up the phone. They literally have them sitting around the store. Anyone can just pick one up and say whatever they want.

What was said is rude, but I agree that people are too damn sensitive. This wasn't a large company. Just some dickhead. I don't look for handouts every time someone says something negative to me....
    Last edited by bassman; 18-Mar-2010 at 04:15 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Thumbs down

Last edited by darth los; 18-Mar-2010 at 04:27 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You beat me to it dude. I just posted this. I tried to delete it but the titlte just won't go. I'm sure a mod will fix it though.

Here's the post. lol

I smell lawsuit. Being a person of color it never ceases to amaze me:

# 1 how people in this day and age are still this ignorant.

# 2: How most racists are such cowards. If you feel that way then make it known, but no. They want to run and hide or put sheets over their heads.

Quick story: I was on x box live on monday getting a session of L4D in when a guy leaves the group to die and bolts for the saferoom. So i say to my other team mates "look at this guy, he just left us."

The guys started calling me a nigger non stop, it had to be atleast 20 times in row. I haven't heard the word nigger that much since the last time Michael Richards did stand up.

It was funny to me because I'm not black I'm Puerto Rican. So i deduced that this guy was from an area where:

# 1 there aren't that many minorities where he lived because he couldn't tell the difference between a hispanic and a black guy and

# 2: he feels really safe talking like that where he lives, (definitely not NY) although in the comfort of your own home you can be as racist as you wanna be, so who knows.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    HA! All must bow to the superior news-gathering capabilitites of SRP76! Mwahahahahaaaaaa!

And yes, people will take any excuse to sue someone. Instead of going after the culprit, who likely doesn't have a pot to piss in, people smell the money of the large corporation, and try to blame them. Why? Because some people will buy the "poor pitiful me" routine they're trying to sell right there.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    HA! All must bow to the superior news-gathering capabilitites of SRP76! Mwahahahahaaaaaa!

And yes, people will take any excuse to sue someone. Instead of going after the culprit, who likely doesn't have a pot to piss in, people smell the money of the large corporation, and try to blame them. Why? Because some people will buy the "poor pitiful me" routine they're trying to sell right there.

You're so lucky I'm at work because otherwise you would never gotten that off before me.

But working at a law firm there are so many frivilous cases that come through the door it stopped being funny long ago.

For better or worse we have a society that feels entitled, like they should get something for nothing.

If it was a prank by some dude who got a hold of the mic it's one thing. However, if it was an employee it's a whole different can of worms.

We have to also look at the damages incurred which is if not all is most of what a lawsuit is based on.

Last edited by darth los; 18-Mar-2010 at 04:55 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    title reminded me of the little known ralf pootawn meme.

http://ralphplsgo.com/images/ralphwatchsex.png

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Oh my god hellsing. I laughed my ass off so hard. I don't think I've laughed this hard since... i don't know... But this Ralph thing... FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Oh my god hellsing. I laughed my ass off so hard. I don't think I've laughed this hard since... i don't know... But this Ralph thing... FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!
    I don't get it. The situation was funny, but is there more to it?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    It's from Second Life. A game which, as I understand it, has no goal. Lots of people just log in and play a Sims like game. And a new arena for "cybersex" evolved. People had their avatars have sex with each other. But they'd still do it in "private" in that world, you know. See how Ralph resembles a troll?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I don't get it. The situation was funny, but is there more to it?
    Ralph is an ugly little alcoholic troll that invades a world where people have creepy sex fantasies with there "perfect" avatars.
    Raplh shows up and ruins the moment, the meme is "raplh pls go" and he replies in the negative and proceeds to drink his beer, smoke his pipe and watch

like warcrafts infamous yar-yar hump hump.
    Last edited by Danny; 18-Mar-2010 at 05:21 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That is funny.

Who writes this stuff? lol

Canada
    Sounds like my kind of Wal-mart!

United States
    It's time to fleece the Walmart calf in the name of tolerance!!!!!

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    Sounds like my kind of Wal-mart!

That's good to know.