Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

England
    As much as I dont have a problem with gay people at all, I had to look away during the scene when the two guys were getting it on but then my eyes quickly returned to the screen when the "beard" wife came in and dropped her gown, phwoaarrr!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    but then my eyes quickly returned to the screen when the "beard" wife came in and dropped her gown, phwoaarrr!
    LOL! I did comment to my girlfriend at that moment, "Why don't you adjust your dress like that for me?"

PS: "beard"??
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    As much as I dont have a problem with gay people at all, I had to look away during the scene when the two guys were getting it on but then my eyes quickly returned to the screen when the "beard" wife came in and dropped her gown, phwoaarrr!
    I dunno, maybe I'm getting prudish in my old age, but I have to say, I'm getting tired of all the tacked on sex scenes in the show. They really are just ticking the boxes sometimes.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I dunno, maybe I'm getting prudish in my old age, but I have to say, I'm getting tired of all the tacked on sex scenes in the show. They really are just ticking the boxes sometimes.
    Seems like they've been better about it this season. A lot of nudity and sex scenes are pretty matter of fact and in some cases was toned down from the original version (Grand Maester Pycelle's scene for example), while others which had been inferred to have taking place in the books were added (Renly & co.).

I just wish the episodes were longer to account for the scope of the story and give them time to linger in dialogue and verbally underline some of the character background info. For example, Davos is such a great character and they have a wonderful talent playing him, but if you haven't read the book you know very little about him at this point.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Ireland
    Can't even say Iknow who Davos is Aces!

I wish the eps were longer too. The straight hour would be great.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    LOL! I did comment to my girlfriend at that moment, "Why don't you adjust your dress like that for me?"

PS: "beard"??
    Haha you must have heard that term, its when a gay guy marries a woman to give the impression he's straight, the woman is referred to as a "beard" that he is hiding behind

Administrator

England
    Haha you must have heard that term, its when a gay guy marries a woman to give the impression he's straight, the woman is referred to as a "beard" that he is hiding behind
    I've never heard that term before! Ummm... Is there something you'd like to tell us?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    It was used a lot in the papers when it turned out Michael Barrymore was gay even though he'd been married to a woman for years! Dont worry I've nothing to tell

Super Moderator

United States
    Damn, a great episode last night with some nice politicking and foundation-laying. Been waiting on the Davos/Melisandre scene beneath Dragonstone and glad to see they got there. Also really glad that some of Davos' backstory as it relates to how he came to be in Stannis' service was covered, even if the dialogue addressed it in an oblique and incomplete manner. They really should have spared two more sentences for that scene to clue in the audience unfamiliar with the books a bit more thoroughly.

Also, out of curiosity, are any of the people who did not read the books wishing they had added superimposed/graphically subbed in place-name cues for each major scene change to new locations? I assume they did not do this because with so many locations and scene ping pong it could become more distracting than helpful. I just hope those of you who have not read the books are able to keep up enough to stay engrossed.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Really good episode last night, Tyrion is a very clever and manipulative little man isnt he! Joffrey again proves that he needs a slow and painful death, and having not read the books I dread to think what

that thing born at the end is

Administrator

England
    I've just started the first book! Wish me luck!
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Really good episode last night, Tyrion is a very clever and manipulative little man isnt he! Joffrey again proves that he needs a slow and painful death, and having not read the books I dread to think what

that thing born at the end is
    a maguffin. it shows up i think once more, and gets mentioned a total of a few times.

Its just to prove shes more than just talk on the witchery front, and to show the lengths stannis will go to for the iron throne.

Super Moderator

United States

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    I cast my vote for Too cool for the job.

United States
    Probably my favorite episode so far tonight. The plot is properly thickening now and there were a lot of treats for book readers in the new characters (qhorin halfhand, Pryatt Pree, Quaithe) There were a few book changes, but altogether acceptable. I'm saddened that it looks like the Reeds are not going to be in the show now at all with Bran having Jojen's green dreams and what have you. Very fun episode tonight in total though!

-- -------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

Good luck Neil! You are in for a treat!
    Last edited by clanglee; 30-Apr-2012 at 05:43 AM. Reason: dgfdg
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."