Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

Undisclosed
    2 things were left out of the show tonight.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    [/COLOR]Good luck Neil! You are in for a treat!
    Well, the first thing that hits you with the book is how much younger everyone seems. Many of the lead characters are barely in their teens, yet in the TV series they look around 20 at least!

But then again, maybe TV isn't ready yet for a 14yr old girl to get rogered senseless by Drogo!

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    New episode tonight:

The Old Gods and the New

The Lannisters send Myrcella away from harm; Arya has a surprise visitor; Dany makes a vow; Robb and Catelyn receive crucial news; Jon gets a chance to prove himself.
    I really can't wait for episode 9: 'Blackwater'

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Well, the first thing that hits you with the book is how much younger everyone seems. Many of the lead characters are barely in their teens, yet in the TV series they look around 20 at least!

But then again, maybe TV isn't ready yet for a 14yr old girl to get rogered senseless by Drogo!
    Well, during the medeival time period average life expectancy was 30-35 years. Maybe into the 60s if you were fortunate (i.e. rich or members royalty) to have a diet of decent food and not constantly exposed to filth and disease. IIRC Romeo and Juliette were actually 13 or 14 and it was common to get married and start families at that age because by then your life was pretty much already half over.

I was teached that in hi skool.

United States
    Great episode, very brutal moments and great acting all around.

Also, Osha is effing HOT.

Undisclosed
    The 2 things that were missing from the previous episode were brought back!

The Borgias never seems to forget to include them every show.
    Last edited by Sammich; 07-May-2012 at 02:40 AM. Reason: a

United States
    LOT of changes to the story in tonight's episode. I dug the changes, as long as they can wrap it up for me.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    LOT of changes to the story in tonight's episode. I dug the changes, as long as they can wrap it up for me.
    Yeah, I think most, if not all, of their changes work, at least in theory. Plus, let's not forget it helps keep the story manageable for the limited of hours they have to work with in the series.

-- -------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post

Wildscaping, who knew? I was expecting it to look like the 70s under that robe

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Wildscaping, who knew? I was expecting it to look like the 70s under that robe
    Good point there! Didn't even cross my mind, but I guess they are really just sticking with the beauty norms of today. Still. . .it really should have looked like she had Macy Gray's head in a thigh lock.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Great episode, very brutal moments and great acting all around.

Why did Osha sleep with Theon Greyjoy? It surved no purpose at all surely? Especially as she could have slit his throat in his sleep, and didn't?

Do I detect some of the book was missed? ie: She managed to free folks?

ps: Remind me why Theon took the castle? To what end/gain?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Remind me why Theon took the castle? To what end/gain?
    After his lackluster and frankly embarrassing homecoming, he felt he needed to prove himself to his father, sister, and all the Iron Islanders that he was worthy of the Greyjoy name.

Super Moderator

United States

Do I detect some of the book was missed? ie: She managed to free folks?

That's what she was in the middle of doing towards the end of this last episode. Felt Theon out to see how reasonable he might be, sleep with him, steal a blade and sneak out and then off to kill a sentry and the rest of her plan.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    That's what she was in the middle of doing towards the end of this last episode. Felt Theon out to see how reasonable he might be, sleep with him, steal a blade and sneak out and then off to kill a sentry and the rest of her plan.
    But it did come across she slept with him for no reason at all!? ie: If she hadn't surely she still could have escaped etc etc!? I suspect the book put a better explanation for it being necessary!?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    But it did come across she slept with him for no reason at all!? ie: If she hadn't surely she still could have escaped etc etc!? I suspect the book put a better explanation for it being necessary!?
    Books can just about always explain character's motives in a better fashion. Seems like this scene is getting picked on because it has naughty sex involved.

United States
    Actually I dont think Osha slept with Theon in the Book.