Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Actually I dont think Osha slept with Theon in the Book.
    You're right, she just bends the knee.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Ireland
    But, it's the weekly f*ck scene, so it had to be shoehorned in there somewhere.

It's the worst thing about the series.
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 08-May-2012 at 10:30 PM. Reason: .
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    But, it's the weekly f*ck scene, so it had to be shoehorned in there somewhere.

It's the worst time about the series.
    It has been shown throughout history that chicks will use sex to get what they want. In the medeival context, since women were essentially 2nd class citizens or even considered to be just property, sex was the only tool of influence they could use. From Cleopatra to the Soviet Union using female spies employing seduction it goes on and on.

Ireland
    Aye, but in 'Game of Thrones' it's cheap titillation and quite unnecessary in most occasions.

Take the character of Ros, for example. Nowhere in the books (I'm led to believe), so her character is there for the tits essentially.

In the end, it brings the whole show down a notch, to be honest.

However, it's still a quality production and probably my favorite thing on the tele. It trumps even 'The Walking Dead' in my opinion. It just needs to quit ticking the "fuck of the week" box.

Super Moderator

United States
    Take the character of Ros, for example. Nowhere in the books (I'm led to believe), so her character is there for the tits essentially.
    Isn't she based on a nameless character from the books, though? See, in the tv series she's already eked a name out of the deal.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Ireland
    I couldn't tell you Aces, I haven't a clue. But, my mate, who's read the lot, says she's not in the books at all. She might be a composite, but even at that rate, she's only there to get her kit off.

In any case, I've just finished watching 6 and it's pretty good.

I'm liking Jon Snow's story and Arya's too. They're probably the most interesting for me at the moment.

the scene with Balish, Lanister and Arya in the same room was excellent

Undisclosed
    The inclusion of sex and nudity is important to Game of Thrones because it will severely limit the number of pre and recent pubescents from hogging up all of the seating space from adults at the cast question and answer sessions at Comicon.

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    so her character is there for the tits essentially
    I like tits.

Administrator

England
    Aye, but in 'Game of Thrones' it's cheap titillation and quite unnecessary in most occasions.
    The Spartacus TV series surely wins the crown for this? But it's still great fun TV series
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The Spartacus TV series surely wins the crown for this? But it's still great fun TV series
    Couldn't bring myself to actually watch it Neil. From the trailers I saw, it looked pretty awful.

Administrator

England
    Couldn't bring myself to actually watch it Neil. From the trailers I saw, it looked pretty awful.
    I feared the same, and although the first episode or two were a little rocky, the series was great over-the-top entertainment! Nearly at the end of the 6-part prequel series now, which has proved to be just as much fun. And from what I hear, the next full on series is suppose to be pretty good too!

So, it's certainly no "Rome" and doesn't pretend to be, but for some over the top roman blood, guts, sex and drama, tis great fun!

Recommend - Watch the first 4-5 episodes of the first series and then decide!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    I might give it a spin. Certainly didn't look like anything near 'Rome', that's for sure.

-- -------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Funny, but also sort of sad too. Cos it's so bloody accurate.

Can't help feeling that there are people at HBO deliberately going for that angle.

Administrator

England
    I might give it a spin. Certainly didn't look like anything near 'Rome', that's for sure.
    Oh, it's nothing like "Rome". Rome is a full on intelligent drama!

"Spartacus" is more like "300" meets "Desperate Housewives"
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Oh...oh right...

*slowly backs out of the room, when Neil's looking out the window*