Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

England
    What a great episode last night, really enjoyed it and I felt it was on a par with the "Helms deep" scene on Lord of the Rings! very well done and very bloodthirsty. With all the talk of war throughout the series I've been itching to see a large scale scrap and it didnt disappoint. I'm just sad that next week is the final of the season and that we have to wait until next spring for more!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    What a great episode last night, really enjoyed it and I felt it was on a par with the "Helms deep" scene on Lord of the Rings! very well done and very bloodthirsty. With all the talk of war throughout the series I've been itching to see a large scale scrap and it didnt disappoint. I'm just sad that next week is the final of the season and that we have to wait until next spring for more!
    Very very blood thirsty!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Very very blood thirsty!
    The part when Stannis was stood next to that guy under the castle walls and that boulder dropped on his head

Administrator

England
    The part when Stannis was stood next to that guy under the castle walls and that boulder dropped on his head
    Or indeed where Stannis gave the soldier up on the battlements a 'hair cut'!

Where was his bint (Melisandre) all the time the battle was going on? I thought she was coming across with them?

-- -------- Post added 05-Jun-2012 at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was 30-May-2012 at 11:40 AM ----------

Well... Another 9 months to wait

But at least we now have...

ZOMBIES!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Just watched the last episode myself, again very good! 9 months is a long wait though, every storyline is still wide open & I'm already itching to see what happens next! Awesome make-up on the white walkers at the end, creepy feckers!

United States

It's kind of ironic that the zombies/wights were far more menacing and imposing looking than 90% of the zeds in The Walking Dead.

Administrator

England
    *SPOILER*

Confused...

Theon Greyjoy was holding House Stark and there was an army laying seige to them (North Men?), and that was where the horn was coming from all the time?

So he gave his epic speach to his men, about how they were all going to die that day... but they betrayed him etc. So the House Of Stark was ravaged and burned I assume by Theon's men (huh??), but what happened to the army outside?
    -Carl Sagan

England
    *SPOILER*

Confused...

Theon Greyjoy was holding House Stark and there was an army laying seige to them (North Men?), and that was where the horn was coming from all the time?

So he gave his epic speach to his men, about how they were all going to die that day... but they betrayed him etc. So the House Of Stark was ravaged and burned I assume by Theon's men (huh??), but what happened to the army outside?
    I thought that they entered the city later as when Bran & co were walking away, you could see it burning in the distance as they looked back. Although I'm not sure why they would set it on fire if it was Robb Starks men that recaptured it as I would presume they would want to preserve the place. Unless Theons men slipped away unnoticed so the city was still attacked with seige weapons before Robbs men realised it had been abandoned. Or like you say Theons men set it on fire as they were leaving in a scorched earth policy. I guess we'll find out next year, which seems an awful long way off

Administrator

England
    *SPOILER*

I thought that they entered the city later as when Bran & co were walking away, you could see it burning in the distance as they looked back. Although I'm not sure why they would set it on fire if it was Robb Starks men that recaptured it as I would presume they would want to preserve the place. Unless Theons men slipped away unnoticed so the city was still attacked with seige weapons before Robbs men realised it had been abandoned. Or like you say Theons men set it on fire as they were leaving in a scorched earth policy. I guess we'll find out next year, which seems an awful long way off
    Well, my take was they bagged Theon to hand him over in exchange for them being allowed to leave alive.... but then why would they set the place alight if they wanted good will?

Maybe someone who's read the books can help out here because the TV episode wasn't clear IMHO!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Maybe someone who's read the books can help out here because the TV episode wasn't clear IMHO!
    It could be a number of things depending on how much they are trimming or condensing from the books in certain areas. I'd wait and not ask questions to avoid spoilers.

My two cents.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

ViP

United States
    I assumed that they bagged Theon, dragged him home, and burned Winterfell as they left for good measure. The bald wiseman mentioned secret escape routes..

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    BIG SPOILER FOR BOTH BOOKS AND TV SERIES THAT I KINDA PREDICTED ALREADY:

theons actor had a long talk with martin about the future plot points, he mentions that the subject of jon snows parentage is going to be a real luke skywalker moment then tangentially rambled about the targareans. I've been thinking for a while the mad king possibly raped neds sister whistle she was his prisoner in another of his insane ramblings and jon is neds nephew not son and is actually danaeys' brother. Be interesting to see what it is for real. Truth be told i still expect ned to be alive at the end of all this since the best way to win the game of thrones is make everyone think you are dead then swoop in to finish off whos left at the end

Administrator

England
    ^^ Can I view that spoiler if I've watched all the TV episodes? ie: It won't spoil anything form the future (episodes)?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    its called a spoiler for a reason Neil

also

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    its called a spoiler for a reason Neil
    Spoilers are relative. eg: You might be talking about something in the most recent episode, which some may not have watched... But I assume you're talking next series!?

-- -------- Post added 15-Jun-2012 at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-Jun-2012 at 08:18 PM ----------

WTF? Reallllly? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/18441163

So they're going through all this nonsense just because of a similarity? And they've even going to have to cut the scene out of future DVDs/Blurays? OMG!
    -Carl Sagan