Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

Ireland
    Weak.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    WTF? Reallllly? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/18441163

So they're going through all this nonsense just because of a similarity? And they've even going to have to cut the scene out of future DVDs/Blurays? OMG!
    Here you go! This is what all the fuss is about!

This is what HBO are apologising for, and removing footage from their DVDs/Blurays for... UTTERLY, TOTALLY, DAFT!!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    It probably has more to do with the guys saying "That's George Bush's head man!!!!"

The feckin ejits. If they'd said nothing at all, there wouldn't be a problem.

But seriously though, deleteing the scene from future releases? I don't even have the will to give out about that, it's just lilly livered.

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    It probably has more to do with the guys saying "That's George Bush's head man!!!!"
    I didn't even see the similarity until you pointed it out.

Meh.

Whatever.

I'm more upset over having to wait a year for season three.

Administrator

England
    16 minutes of Game Of Thrones highlights...

...if highlights are nudity

Obviously NOT WORK SAFE - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56481
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    http://youtu.be/j7lp3RhzfgI

Oh this is so hilarious and true.

Last edited by clanglee; 24-Jun-2012 at 03:51 AM. Reason: fesd
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Season 3 - New Characters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpSDSgChsaI

A nice video, and it's good to see Beric cast, but where the hell is Mance Rayder?! Heads will roll if they don't get James Purefoy for the part...

United States
    Yes!!! I was so excited when I found out they cast the Reeds!!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

England
    I wasn't sure whether to put this in the games forum, but anyway, this is way cool! Westeros recreated in Minecraft

http://www.bitrebels.com/design/mine...-hut-to-shame/

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I wasn't sure whether to put this in the games forum, but anyway, this is way cool! Westeros recreated in Minecraft

http://www.bitrebels.com/design/mine...-hut-to-shame/
    Are those really from Minecraft, or just a rendition?
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Mance Rayder has finally been cast, and it's none other than Caesar (Ciarán Hinds) from HBO's "ROME":

At long last, one of the biggest questions about the third season of "Game of Thrones" has been answered: Entertainment Weekly reports that veteran thespian Ciarán Hinds ("Political Animals," "Rome") has been cast as the King Beyond the Wall, Mance Rayder.

Without going into too much detail or spoiler territory, Rayder has already been referenced several times on the show and is the leader of the wildlings, hence the King Beyond the Wall title. Rayder plays a very important part in the story's action, particularly the story line of Jon Snow (Kit Harington), whom we last saw being dragged away to meet Rayder at the end of season two.
    Although I was hoping for James Purefoy, and they've aged the character up a bit, I don't have a problem at all with this casting. He's a great actor who should bring something unique to the role. Can't wait until March 31st!!

United States
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yj0e0r_yLI

Production videos are nice, but I'm really waiting for a legit trailer.

Administrator

England
    Can't wait!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    where the hell is Mance Rayder?! Heads will roll if they don't get James Purefoy for the part...
    I really like Purefoy, not sure I see him as Mance, though...but even as I type this sentence I'm rethinking it and he could probably be great in the role.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Ireland
    Haven't a clue who or what Mance is, but I've been thinking to myself "I bet Ciaran Hinds will pop up somewhere" since the show began.