Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

United States
    It was Indeed! although I has to search and search to find a website that steamed it. . .and then wait another hour for it to buffer (must have been a lot of people watching) It was great tho. Hit all the right points. . .and they had one of my favorite Arya scenes. . .kinda. . . .a bit different because of the show changes to the book storyline. . .but essentially the same.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    Nice first episode. I'll give it a couple more then recommence my routine of reading the books along with the episodes.

They've greenlit the next two seasons too - http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/26952051
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Long live the King....ur....
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

Administrator

England
    Enjoying it so far!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Yeh, it's great. Last year was a bit of a trudge for me, I have to say, until I got to the obvious episode.

But we're back on now.

Kind of sorry to see the little bastard go though. He was great to hate. Gleeson completely nailed it. Now we just have his mum to go all Orwellian on, seeing as Jamie is all goodytwoshoes lately
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    I'm just ahead of the TV series in the book(s) and iIt's clear the series is showing the story threads in a slightly different order to the book(s).

What's really confusing me is John returning to Craster's Keep?

In the book that doesn't/hasn't happened yet. Instead he's defending the wall! Seems they've move this thread back I assume to show the attack on the wall towards series end?
    Indeed I'm confused why in the TV series he's even gone back to Craster's Keep? What's his goal/purpose?
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    There's a bunch or traitors/rebels there that know too much about the strengths and weaknesses of the wall and he wants to get rid of them.

That's how I saw it anyway.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

What's really confusing me is John returning to Craster's Keep?

In the book that doesn't/hasn't happened yet. Instead he's defending the wall! Seems they've move this thread back I assume to show the attack on the wall towards series end?
    Indeed I'm confused why in the TV series he's even gone back to Craster's Keep? What's his goal/purpose?
    It's said straight out right before Jon asks for volunteers. Mance and his army will undoubtedly pass by Craster's and with such a large group of former Brothers of the Night's Watch they will most likely not be missed. Jon Snow lied to the Wildlings about how many men cover not only Castle Black, but all the other castles along the Wall and Jon and the remaining men of the Night's Watch (a beleaguered lot, to be sure) can't afford any of that or similar intelligence falling into Mance's hands. It's a decent rationale honestly.

That said, I think the producers just wanted some quick action and a sense of resolution to some of the characters injected into an otherwise very plot laden and character development oriented episode.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    can't afford any of that or similar intelligence falling into Mance's hands.
    That makes sense! Thanks!

As I said, I'm ahead of the series now in the book(s), but can't put it down. Figure it's no worse for me to know what's coming watching the TV series than to know what's coming when reading the book(s)
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    So, folks still enjoying it?

For those that have read the books, I do hope "The Wall" lives up to the book in the upcoming episode(s)!

BTW - What the hell was Tyrion's talk about bugs all about? What a waste of X minutes!
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Last episode was great.

It's weird, but I was kinda glad when the Spanish fella got his head crushed, even though he was the...er..."good guy". Waaaaay too cocky.

I wonder, if both champions are killed, does the little fella get off? Don't tell me.

Administrator

England
    ^^ One was certainly dead before the other though wasn't he!
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Is that how it works?

Oh well...

Administrator

England
    Finale bears previous viewing figures - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27882719

The closing episode of fantasy TV series Game of Thrones drew 7.1 million viewers on HBO in the US on Sunday, beating the 5.4 million who tuned in for the previous season's last episode.
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan