Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

Super Moderator

United States
    Wow, I hope their budget continues to stand up to the tasks required of it!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Really enjoyed the fourth season. It was upto my expectations. It is the best show after friends and breaking bad.

Administrator

England
    Got a bad feeling about this new season... And the music to this trailer doesn't help it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0pLbTXPHng
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Having caught up on the first four seasons over the Christmas holidays in a massive binge session, it's gonna be a bit naff to have to watch them one episode per week, hehe.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Damn, been so long I can't remember how to embed a picture

*edit* There you go, Clang. Just use the "img" and "/img" tags, each with square brackets around them (e.g. [img])
    Attached Images
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 11-Mar-2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: oops
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    Bring it on!
    -Carl Sagan

England
    The first 4 episodes of the new season have been leaked online so watch out for spoilers people
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    The first 4 episodes of the new season have been leaked online so watch out for spoilers people
    Aye, I saw about that - would be kind of pointless though, because you'd end up waiting a month for episode five. Best to just stick with one episode a week ... which is kinda naff after I had a full-on catch-up binge over Xmas when I barged all four seasons.

16 minutes until tits? Getting a bit slack there, GoT.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Aye, I saw about that - would be kind of pointless though, because you'd end up waiting a month for episode five. Best to just stick with one episode a week ... which is kinda naff after I had a full-on catch-up binge over Xmas when I barged all four seasons.

16 minutes until tits? Getting a bit slack there, GoT.

16 minutes??? At least tell me they belong to Carice van Houten? They'd be worth waiting for
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Just stick on 'Black Book'.

You get the whole damn show in that.

And she's ten years younger as well...
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    I enjoyed the first episode. Obviously had to set the seen between what happened, and what is now happening, and did that fairly well.

- - - Updated - - -

Record viewing figures in the UK - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32299006

The season five premiere of Game of Thrones has set a new ratings record for Sky Atlantic, with 1.57 million viewers - a 6.7% share of the audience.
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    With figures like that I'm a bit surprised they're not trying to cram in more adverts - the episode was about 55 minutes, and so the slot only allowed for 5 minutes of adverts - and with Silicon Valley starting next week at 10pm (with Thronecast afterwards) it doesn't look like they're going to change that, which is a pleasant surprise ... I'd have thought they would have wanted to get as much advertising revenue out of it as possible. Maybe those five minutes are very expensive indeed?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    With figures like that I'm a bit surprised they're not trying to cram in more adverts - the episode was about 55 minutes, and so the slot only allowed for 5 minutes of adverts - and with Silicon Valley starting next week at 10pm (with Thronecast afterwards) it doesn't look like they're going to change that, which is a pleasant surprise ... I'd have thought they would have wanted to get as much advertising revenue out of it as possible. Maybe those five minutes are very expensive indeed?
    ...I always start watching it (& any program I really like) at least 15mins late... so simply FF through any adverts anyway
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Oh, it airs with commercials in the UK...that hadn't occurred to me as a likelihood, but of course it makes sense.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany