Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ...I always start watching it (& any program I really like) at least 15mins late... so simply FF through any adverts anyway

Yeah, I do that too, and even when fast forwarding through them at 30x I can still see what's being advertised (and 99.9% of it is worthless to me) ... otherwise I watch whatever it is the following day.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Oh, it airs with commercials in the UK...that hadn't occurred to me as a likelihood, but of course it makes sense.
    In the UK it airs on Sky Atlantic, which is one of the standard channels with a basic subscription to Sky ... so I suppose that might be why they're not so fussed about showing adverts, but even still, when they aired the likes of Boardwalk Empire or The Sopranos they'd routinely put adverts in throughout the episodes. Sky Atlantic do end up showing stuff from a variety of American channels - so you can get stuff sourced from HBO or Showtime, as well as stuff from "basic cable" or even network channels in America.

Administrator

England
    Hmmm! If the next episode is like this weeks, I'm giving up the series! I mean there wasn't even a single boob!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm! If the next episode is like this weeks, I'm giving up the series! I mean there wasn't even a single boob!

Talk about getting slack, right?

Administrator

England
    Have to say I was worried about this season before it started, but thus far I've been pretty impressed!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Have to say I was worried about this season before it started, but thus far I've been pretty impressed!
    Is that because your fave gal got stripped off to do some seducing?

Lots of setting things up at the moment thus far, for the most part, but setting up of tantalising things. I think watching it one episode per week now has affected my perspective of the show's pace a little, but on the other hand it does afford time to ponder things over the next six days ... although we are now half way through the season, so time does fly.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    ... although we are now half way through the season, so time does fly.
    I know... Wow!

And no Bran either!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I know... Wow!

And no Bran either!
    So far anyway, but to be honest that was probably the story I enjoyed the least out of all of them - just lots of walking about with strange people who never give any sodding answers, just a bunch of vague statements that throw up even more questions. It was a sideplot that really felt a bit plodding to me. No doubt there'll be something with that eventually, but perhaps they're waiting until the end of the season to do something with it - perhaps a cliffhanger?

I've not read the books, so I'm purely going on what the TV adaptation is telling me week-to-week.

Ireland
    Bran is as boring as hell.

It's a slower burn this year, but still enjoyable.

Happy that Jorah Mormont is back, but it looks like he's buggered now.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Tonight's episode
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

United States
    I know, right!? The last 20 minutes were insane. I wonder what percentage of the season's budget they went through on that episode.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Pretty full-on episode this week, wasn't it? Blimey! Only two left, and apparently the finale is proper good.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I know, right!? The last 20 minutes were insane. I wonder what percentage of the season's budget they went through on that episode.
    Another great episode! Game Of Thrones meets The Walking Dead

That herd of dead kids! Eeeeek!

Only issues I had were:-
    1) Why did the dead bother with the gate/wall and not just come off the cliff in the first place?
    2) Can't they swim? What's the difference between a person 1 minute before they're dead (when they can swim) and 1 minute after they're dead, when seemingly they can't swim?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Another great episode! Game Of Thrones meets The Walking Dead

That herd of dead kids! Eeeeek!

Only issues I had were:-
    1) Why did the dead bother with the gate/wall and not just come off the cliff in the first place?
    2) Can't they swim? What's the difference between a person 1 minute before they're dead (when they can swim) and 1 minute after they're dead, when seemingly they can't swim?
    Some very creepy moments - such as the dead kids, yes - them taking down that woman (who then came back) was chilling as all get-out!

As for the water issue - I was watching Thronecast last night and they mentioned that Melisandre had referenced the seas freezing over (in her introductory scene in season two) - so the white walkers would then be able to just have a merry jaunt around the wall on the ice and have at it. Shit's getting real, folks!

Jon's sword killed one - so Valerian steel works as well as dragon glass ... so, I wonder if:
    THEORY from the viewpoint of someone (such as me) who's not read the books:

Ser Jorah will be tasked with going back to Valeria - which was over-run with Stone Men when him and Tyrion passed by on the boat a couple of episodes back IIRC - to get some steel from there, being that he's now infected ... quite possibly not, but what with Khaleesi having dragons - and their fire for forging - it could be a possibility to start arming up with the appropriate weaponry.

An audience member on Thronecast also theorised that Bran is 'warging' Khaleesi's one free dragon - training it for the inevitable combat with an army of white walkers.

We shall see...

United States
    Masterpiece.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Tee hee!!! Good to see my longest thread is still going strong! Had to check back with you guys after this last episode. Hmmmmm. . . . Maybe we should move this thread to dead discussion now? ;-)
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."