Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

United States
    LOL!!!

I am so happy to hear that everyone is enjoying the show. This has been a dream come true for me as a fan of the books. And I too am very depressed that there are only 2 episodes left. Alas.

Regarding Syrio. . . .The book leaves his situation as vague as the show did. I would love to think he lives, but Sir Merran Trant, the knight who's ass Syrio wasn't fully kicking, lives on in the the books. . I can't remember if he mentions killing him or not tho. There have been some changes from the books to, so anything is possible. The site winter-is-coming.net is my favorite source of news for the show, and the guy who plays Syrio has been a frequent poster on the site. But he has not shared any news of any possible changes in the future. Not to worry tho. . . .there are lots more new and cool characters next season.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    The final scene in last night's episode was just excellent. Besides not showing much of the major battle scene, everything else was handled perfectly. If that were the way the season ended, there would be a legion of pissed off viewers!

Thankfully we have one more episode.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 13-Jun-2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: arghhhh

Ireland
    Just watched EP9 and all I can say is F*CK!
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Yeah, this is the one I have been waiting to see everyone's reaction to!!

United States
    Having read the books, I saw the BIG TWIST coming, but it was handled really, really well. I was huddled on the couch hoping, somehow, that the plot would change dramaticly for the TV version. To get me this invested in a story I "already know" is why I plan to keep following this show. Great stuff.

Also, who's digging the "Tyrion and Bronn show?" Their give-and-take translates even better to the screen.

Last edited by BillyRay; 14-Jun-2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Troof.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Ireland
    That dwarf lad is the best character in the series (and dare I say it, one of the best TV characters in a LONG time). In fact, the whole show is littered with fine characters, so he's in great company. The casting crew really did a good job there and the great thing is the lack of clearly defined cliches too. The makers of 'The Walking Dead' should take note. Sure, there are some real old feckers in there, but they're still rounded people and the "heroes" are riddle with flaws as well. The guys from "across the sea" (whatever the hell they're called) are bit, sort of pantomime, but still acceptable and I'm eagerly awaiting conclusion of that particular story arc. So, it's done it's job.

I don't say this often about a TV show, but I'm absolutely loving this. I think next week is the last episode, which is really going to cheese me off. Even more so than the end of the last one.

It's great stuff.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I don't say this often about a TV show, but I'm absolutely loving this.
    /speechless

I'm glad people are liking it so much. It's been killing me that we didn't get around to grabbing HBO for this series...at least the next book comes out next month

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Ireland
    No...hang on, wait a second.......

eh...it's crap.

phew.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Initially I thought, meh...it's a slow burner...I'd just come off the back of Spartacus: Gods of the Arena and that was running free in my imagination. I wasn't expecting a Spartacus clone, but a similar pace, for some reason.
    I liked the first ep, but felt....ehhh....I dunno...dunno if I can keep watching this. By the end of episode 3 it got me very excited and now I'm kinda of the opinion that it's probably the best TV series I've seen ever...if not in a very long time.
    The series just gets better and better - Tirion Lannister - the "imp" is my favourite character by far - what a superb actor, and a really well fleshed out character. The conflict is so well rounded, so well defined, and the series is SO UNPRETENTIOUS. It's just divine.

I'm tossing up between Gods of the Arena/Blood and Sand and Game of Thrones as the sickest TV shows pretty much ever made. Spartacus is chock full of rich characters, politics, sex and rage and Game of Throns offers similar on a totally different scale. They all share exceptional actors, great sets, style, narrative etc...This year I think, has been one of the best for TV ever. Gotta love HBO....didn't think they could beat The Pacific - but ohhhh my god.

On a side note, the Game of Thrones throne is at work - down the road at another site (bout 2 mins walk away). I'll get a picture of it soon enough
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Just watched EP9 and all I can say is F*CK!
    All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!!

ps: WOW!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    A great finale last night for a standout first season. Joffery portrayed as an even bigger bastard than before, Robb rising as king in the north, Jon heading north of the wall and Dany's final scene were all fantastic, and reenforce the thought that GoT is just a prologue to the real story.

The wait until Spring 2012 is going to suuuuuuuck.

United States
    It. . .is . . .over. . . . .

alas. . .

Great finale and all. . . .

but it. .. .it's over!!!

at least I have A Dance with Dragons finally coming out next month.

Ireland
    That's that so. I could have watched a whole year of that. Bugger it anyway.

Spring is going to take a long time coming.

ViP

United States
    I thought that the final episode was a bit of a letdown. The event at the end of episode 9 should have capped off the season.

I agree though, it is going to be a long wait until next spring, but "winter is coming."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    I thought that the final episode was a bit of a letdown. The event at the end of episode 9 should have capped off the season.

I agree though, it is going to be a long wait until next spring, but "winter is coming."
    I enjoyed it... Going to be damn annoying waiting for soooo long now

Will definately watch the series again, leading up to the second season...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan