Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

Administrator

England
    I enjoyed that episode... Even if there were - amazingly - no boobs!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I enjoyed that episode... Even if there were - amazingly - no boobs!
    One-track mind, Neil, you've got a one-track mind.

Judging by the preview of the next episode that was shown on Thronecast, this season really isn't wasting time - fantastic - it's just getting stuck in. There's so much momentum going on - even Khaleesi's finally getting her plans in order to do what she set out to do in season-ruddy-one!

Hopefully The Waif will cark it at Arya's hand. Rightly or wrongly, I've never liked The Wait - she's just too bloody smug.

With only four episodes left, and various pieces lined up (or almost lined up), I have a feeling we're gonna see some crazy shit in the coming weeks.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I have a feeling we're gonna see some crazy shit in the coming weeks.
    Boobs?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Boobs?

Is this you as a nipper?

Administrator

England
    Can't wait to see how The Sparrow pans out... All getting very clever!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Can't wait to see how The Sparrow pans out... All getting very clever!
    Hopefully it culminates with the smug twat being lobbed off a tall building, or skewered, or flattened, or anything generally terrible ... and by the hand of the Mountain, too! I'd love for there to be some kind of revelation that he's not so pious after all.

Zealots, man ... *picks nose* ... they creep me out.

Administrator

England
    You're shit at dying!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    You're shit at dying!

Soooo glad that Hound is back! And sooooo glad that ruddy Waif is gone ... I couldn't stand her!

Next week's episode looks pretty flippin' epic!!!

Administrator

England
    Next week's episode looks pretty flippin' epic!!!
    Preview from Thronecast?

I never watch the preview of next week... Don't want to spoil it

So... Two more episodes... Then two more series... And that's it...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Preview from Thronecast?

I never watch the preview of next week... Don't want to spoil it

So... Two more episodes... Then two more series... And that's it...
    Yeah, from Thronecast - I gotta get stoked for what's coming, I enjoy the tease of it all.

Administrator

England
    Enjoyed the episode, but it didn't quite feel as good as it should have IMHO...

Also the following annoyed me:-
    - Rickon... If someone's shooting arrows at you, just weave left and right a bit.
    - Rather risky... What if Rickon had got away?
    - If Bolton was that good a shot, why didn't he shoot Jon too?
    - Mounds of bodies that high? Really?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Enjoyed the episode, but it didn't quite feel as good as it should have IMHO...

Also the following annoyed me:-
    - Rickon... If someone's shooting arrows at you, just weave left and right a bit.
    - Rather risky... What if Rickon had got away?
    - If Bolton was that good a shot, why didn't he shoot Jon too?
    - Mounds of bodies that high? Really?
    1) As I watched that moment I knew you'd be stewing about it. Admittedly, I too was thinking "FFS, weave boy, weave!"

2) Part of Ramsey's sheer arrogance? He was so confident at the beginning, so smug - it was delicious when his face changed and he saw the tide change against him.

3) Because Jon's faster than Ramsey? Plus, it did take him several attempts to get Rickon.

4) Well, you've got a crunch point where the two armies join each other, so as men fall the next rank comes forward, they fall, and so on. Then you've got a 'mountain' of bodies.

I felt a lot more sad for the loss of the giant than I did for Rickon, I have to say.

To be honest, I would have liked to have seen a touch more of Ramsey getting torn apart - really see the terror in his eyes, that utter bastard - but at the same time, the way they shot it chimed with Sansa's wedding night by mostly looking away and focusing on the reaction of the person watching the horrible event (Reek in the former, Sansa in the latter). It's been a long time coming, the re-instatement of Winterfell under the Starks, so it was quite nice when the banners unfurled. Feckin' Boltons...
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 21-Jun-2016 at 09:30 AM.

Administrator

England
    3) Because Jon's faster than Ramsey? Plus, it did take him several attempts to get Rickon.
    No.. Out in the field... Jon reached Rickon, and Bolton shot Rickon. Jon then stood there, and Bolton didn't bother trying to shoot him...

Then, Bolton had a free shot at Jon and the dying giant, and shot.... the dying giant?

But hey! Dragons burning down boats
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    No.. Out in the field... Jon reached Rickon, and Bolton shot Rickon. Jon then stood there, and Bolton didn't bother trying to shoot him...

Then, Bolton had a free shot at Jon and the dying giant, and shot.... the dying giant?
    They referenced this on Thronecast and it made a lot of sense - Ramsey was deliberately missing Rickon so that he could draw the moment out and kill Rickon when he was within Jon's grasp, so that he could force Jon to fall into his plan, to anger Jon and make him charge ahead without his army. To toss sense out the window and essentially make a mess of the whole battle plan.

With the giant - well, it was practically down as it was, so it was an easy kill for Ramsey - besides, a thing that side, even if on the brink of death, could cause a lot of damage or even kill Ramsey if he wasn't careful. It just took the big guy out of the equation.

Another interesting point they made on Thronecast was that Sansa knew Rickon was dead already. He was alive, but she knew they'd never get him back - and Ramsey did goad and trick Jon through cruelty. More men were likely lost because of that ... might Jon have used his head a bit more pre-resurrection? Might he now be more vulnerable to his baser urges towards violence and revenge?

Anyway - I'm glad that Bolton git is gone ... what a bastard!

Administrator

England
    Just need Jamie going Jihad over Cersei vs the Sparrow now! Oh to see Jamie and The Mountain going full out to get to the Sparrow
    -Carl Sagan