Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Also the following annoyed me:-
    - Rickon... If someone's shooting arrows at you, just weave left and right a bit.
    Shit contact drills if he'd had the corporal I had on basic training that wouldn't have happened!

Administrator

England
    Well, interesting last episode...

BTW - How the hell did Varys travel around that quick?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Well, once again 'Game of Thrones' gives me one of the best hours of TV I've ever seen.

This show is better than anything else on tele. Better than 'The Wire', better than 'Breaking Bad', better than 'The Walking Dead'.

Ah, poor old Giant. I really wanted him to live.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Well, interesting last episode...

BTW - How the hell did Varys travel around that quick?
    TALKING ABOUT THE FINALE HERE:

Yeah, we don't really know the timescale between episodes and even some scenes. Arya made quite a journey, too.

Sooooo much stuff going on in that finale! With Cersei now on the throne, and that look Jamie gave her, I wonder if we'll get to a point where Cersei goes completely mad and despotic with power (particularly now that she's lost all her kids, and barely showed any emotion at losing Tommin - that deliberate step out the window, that little gasp of breath, was chilling!). Then, with Cersei way out there, I wonder if Jamie will be forced into a position where he'll have to kill Cersei - the Kingslayer also becomes the Queenslayer? Now that'd be interesting!

I had hoped that pious arse the High Sparrow would have been exposed as some giant hypocrite, but at least he's gone now! They certainly trimmed their cast list a bit with that scene, didn't they?!

Arya's revenge was most satisfying! A dish best served as a human meat pie!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 28-Jun-2016 at 09:49 AM.

United States
    Altogether I believe this was my favorite season thus far! Good to see my old thread still going on strong. Wish the next book would come out soon tho. . . . that might appease my long wait for next season.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    And now we have confirmation on Jon Snow's parentage, with confirmation from HBO to boot.

Yes, I've found season 6 to be excellent - especially so after season 5 being kinda lacklustre and plodding for the most part (various brain-exploding moments and revelations aside).

It seems like the remaining seasons will draw inwards more, with not so many disparate factions scattered around all over the place - seems like it's going to get even more focused and sharp.

Administrator

England
    Only seven episodes in season 7? And maybe on six for the final (8th) season? I'm a sad panda!

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/18/1221529...dule-announced
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Only seven episodes in season 7? And maybe on six for the final (8th) season? I'm a sad panda!

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/18/1221529...dule-announced
    Well, they did also say they didn't want to just cram in padding to fill it out to the usual 10 episodes, so I'm happy that they're just telling the story as it needs to be told without shoving in a bunch of filler. Season 5 plodded enough, but 6 got the groove back.

I suppose it's also budgetary. They'll probably cost the same as 10, but those episodes will all be flippin' epic - and no doubt take a long time to film.

It's also going to come on telly later next year because they have to wait for the weather to change in one of their main filming locations so it looks wintery.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Well, they did also say they didn't want to just cram in padding to fill it out to the usual 10 episodes, so I'm happy that they're just telling the story as it needs to be told without shoving in a bunch of filler. Season 5 plodded enough, but 6 got the groove back.

I suppose it's also budgetary. They'll probably cost the same as 10, but those episodes will all be flippin' epic - and no doubt take a long time to film.

It's also going to come on telly later next year because they have to wait for the weather to change in one of their main filming locations so it looks wintery.
    I suspect you're right...

But given there may only be 13 episode left... That means we're almost just one season off from the finish now, spread over 2 years...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I suspect you're right...

But given there may only be 13 episode left... That means we're almost just one season off from the finish now, spread over 2 years...
    Yeah, it's a bummer, but we're gonna be in store for some crazy good stuff, I'd think.

Better than when AMC deliberately cuts a normal season in half over two feckin' years (Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Hell On Wheels) when it comes to the last season.

Administrator

England
    Series 7, the penultimate series, is back in July - http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...ll-air-in-july
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Not excited... Nope... Not at all...

OK I AM!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Just watched the first episode. Good stuff - not about action, but about settling us in to where everyone is now ... and that opening scene was rather delicious.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Just watched the first episode. Good stuff - not about action, but about settling us in to where everyone is now ... and that opening scene was rather delicious.
    Indeed... Although "the wine" was broadcast somewhat. Shouldn't have made a fuss about it!
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Well a good seventh season IMHO...

Looking forward to the eighth and final one now...
    -Carl Sagan