Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye! I really enjoyed that. It moved along very briskly and cut out any scrap of filler to just give us the good stuff. There's a whole lot to look forward to in season 8 (which is being written now, but they don't know how long it'll take them to film it ... some theories suggest it could even be 2019 before it premieres). So it could be a ruddy big season, then with full scale war all over the shop.

The demise of Little Finger was excellent. I'd been sucked in by Sansa's apparent sucking-in to Little Finger's poisonous words, but hoped that she'd see sense, so it was fantastic when she turned and said "How do you answer these charges ... Lord Balish?" - that surprised double-take that Gillen gave was delicious. Did you notice that he was still trying to explain his way out of it as blood was spurting from his slit throat?

And a bit of Targaryan style rumpy pumpy for Jon. Getting his end away has been hard earned ... I wonder how he'll react (having been brought up as a Stark bastard) to discovering she's his Aunt!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Aye! I really enjoyed that. It moved along very briskly and cut out any scrap of filler to just give us the good stuff. There's a whole lot to look forward to in season 8 (which is being written now, but they don't know how long it'll take them to film it ... some theories suggest it could even be 2019 before it premieres). So it could be a ruddy big season, then with full scale war all over the shop.

The demise of Little Finger was excellent. I'd been sucked in by Sansa's apparent sucking-in to Little Finger's poisonous words, but hoped that she'd see sense, so it was fantastic when she turned and said "How do you answer these charges ... Lord Balish?" - that surprised double-take that Gillen gave was delicious. Did you notice that he was still trying to explain his way out of it as blood was spurting from his slit throat?

And a bit of Targaryan style rumpy pumpy for Jon. Getting his end away has been hard earned ... I wonder how he'll react (having been brought up as a Stark bastard) to discovering she's his Aunt!
    No.... Not 2019

Still recon we'll have a big fire scene with Jon walking out of it untouched to finally prove who he is...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    No.... Not 2019

Still recon we'll have a big fire scene with Jon walking out of it untouched to finally prove who he is...
    Ooh, that'd be good! I'd also like to see Jon and Dany flying the two remaining dragons into battle to fudge people's day up.

I wonder what Tyrion was thinking as he lurked in that corridor while Jon and Dany were getting up to no good?

United States
    No.... Not 2019

That was always my belief for a reveal. But someone pointed out that in season 1, Jon was burned and felt it.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Administrator

England
    Just finished watching all the episodes all over again with my other half, who hadn't seen it before. Really has been a glorious seven series so far.

And with the 8th and final season starting in less than a week, I hope thet can carry that quality on...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Just finished watching all the episodes all over again with my other half, who hadn't seen it before. Really has been a glorious seven series so far.

And with the 8th and final season starting in less than a week, I hope thet can carry that quality on...
    What did your other half make of GoT after all these years of not watching it?

I got into it a few months before season 5 got going (binged 1-4 over the Xmas holidays). I've not rewatched it all, though ... too many damn things on the watch list for that!

Have you been watching some of the support programming on Sky Atlantic? They did a Thronecast quiz show which was quite fun, and they had a War Room episode on last night where they mulled over some possible theories for S8.

Administrator

England
    What did your other half make of GoT after all these years of not watching it?
    So as a complete noob to it, she found - like me - the first 2-3 episode a steep slope, but then from then on love it.

Have you been watching some of the support programming on Sky Atlantic? They did a Thronecast quiz show which was quite fun, and they had a War Room episode on last night where they mulled over some possible theories for S8.
    What I'd love to find is a nice technical say hour long documentary which summarised the past 7 series, and where we are now...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    What I'd love to find is a nice technical say hour long documentary which summarised the past 7 series, and where we are now...
    There is "The Story So Far", IIRC, which they've been broadcasting on Sky Atlantic. I think it's about a 90-120 minute summary of everything up to this point.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    ^ I’ve heard rumblings that HBO also put in the effort for a comprehensive documentary that will be released when the series is over in a few weeks. Hopefully it’s something like the documentary for Breaking Bad, which was phenomenal! Can’t wait to get my mitts on that!

Speculation from pisodes 801 and 802, leading into 803:

The Winterfell Crypt HAS to be the worst place to hide out, right? They keep mentioning it, and it’s definitely seeming like everyone down there will be some of the first to die at the hands of the white walkers, IMO. Maybe Tyrion turns and then later gets his revenge on Cerci, because the prophecy said she’d die at the hands of her brother?

Jamie is also likely a goner, so maybe he goes for cerci? Seeing as how they tied up everything with his character, theres something happening with that guy. I’m just gonna be mad if he dies before getting some kind of sweet dragon glass weapon for that missing hand!

Super Moderator

UK
    Ooh, I'll very much be watching that comprehensive documentary, then!

I've not been able to see the one for Breaking Bad as that was only on the Blu-Ray box set IIRC (I've got the individual releases, although the general extras on the last couple of seasons of BB were excellent).

Back to GoT and theories...

I'm kinda wondering if 803 and maybe 804 will be dedicated to the White Walker fight, at the end of which they are defeated but with heavy losses. Then the last 2 or 3 episodes get dedicated to the final fight for the throne and tying up all the political machinations.

Being that the four remaining episodes are all in the region of 80 minutes give or take a couple of mins, that's my theory as to the split. Perhaps the Night King will get away but his ranks will be diminished considerably and he heads south? I'm kinda thinking it might be all dealt with at Winterfell with the true believers in the protection of mankind. Meanwhile Cersei's just twiddling her thumbs all smug like, trying to scrub the scent of Euron off herself, and then shit gets real in King's Landing amongst the remaining members of the living. If Jaime survives, I wonder if Brienne will die, and likewise if Jaime dies Brienne will survive (perhaps either one will bury the other?)

In terms of some deaths ... I can't imagine that both Tyrion and Jaime will survive, so one of them's gonna get it, but I don't know how. It's likely going to be a ruddy bloodbath, so I'm steeling myself for losing various favourites like Davos Seaworth. What's his name who had his todger lopped off ... Theon, that's it, he's definitely gonna snuff it, but will finally get a (version of a) hero's death. Ser Jorah Mormont will probably go down in a hail of heroism. One or both of Greyworm and Missandei will likely cark it in all. Maybe The Hound will die trying to save Arya ... man, there's a whole lotta ways it could all go down.

If Cersei survives the season I'd be stunned. I think she's destined for utter tragedy (and deservedly so). I'd love to see Arya snuff Cersei. Indeed, there was a theory posited on Thronecast that perhaps Arya will use her faceless powers/skills to pretend to be a Lannister or someone who can get close to Cersei. So, would that be Tyrion (considering their respectively diminutive heights)? Might all the Lannisters die in one way or another? Hmmm...

The first two episodes have been slow burners (albeit satisfying) and all focused on reminding us where everybody is, why they're there, and episode two was very much about giving us our last time with a lot of these characters, reuiniting old friends and so forth, but I imagine these last four are going to be feckin' crazy!

Administrator

England
    Really enjoying the new/final series so far. Guess the next episode is big battle time...
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Episode three is going to be epic.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Episode three is going to be epic.
    There'll be jizzy tissues for as far as the eye can see...

Last week I was wondering if we'd begin the action, but as the last night of freedom went on I started to doubt it. Then the Night King turns up with his mates in that epic reveal shot annnnnd ... fuck you, wait for a week.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No open spoilers, but whew!! What an episode! A few expected things, but also some nice curve balls!

Having watched Avengers: Endgame and this episode on the same day.....my nerdy side is just exhausted!