Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

United States
    I know! I watched that 14 minutes and wanted more immediately.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    This starts in less than 2 weeks. . .I'm gonna wet myself. They have released the first 14 minutes of the pilot episode, and it DOES NOT DISAPPOINT!!! Give it a gander if you are so inclined.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LoSTBoY View Post
    Huh, I would have rated it 'GP', for 'Good Pot'.

As in, I plan to have some handy to enhance the experience...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Huh, I would have rated it 'GP', for 'Good Pot'.

As in, I plan to have some handy to enhance the experience...
    You think it needs the enhancing? Seems to stand up well on its own for me. But then again. . .sometimes, just about anything could use some . . . .em. . . . . .enhancing.

Administrator

England
    Yep, I've recently seen adverts for this series (here in the UK), and I'm looking forward to it too!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Tonight's the night! Who's hyped?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Tonight's the night! Who's hyped?
    Not on till tomorrow (Monday) here in the UK!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Well . . .you know that I am hyped as hell!! Unfortunately I have to wait to watch it. I work until midnight. But I'll watch it on DVR as soon as I get home!! I actually dreamed about the show last nigth i was so excited. . . . . .god I need a life. . . . .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Not on till tomorrow (Monday) here in the UK!
    DOH! It was on tonight in the UK! DOH!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    It started 15 minutes ago here. . . Damn my job!!!!!!!!

United States
    That was really, really great! Pretty much everything I could hope for so far.

Some great T&A as well.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    DOH! It was on tonight in the UK! DOH!
    I'm captain numpty! It wasn't on last night, and starts tonight here in the UK

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    That was really, really great! Pretty much everything I could hope for so far.

Some great T&A as well.
    Look! You're getting me super excited now! If Demi Moore is in it too I might just explode!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Dude, the first episode was brilliant; it left me screaming "It's not a 2-hour premiere! Shite!"

Well imagined, well shot, well acted. Loyal to the books, but not a slave to them.

Peter Dinklage is brilliant as Tyrion. I couldn't picture any other actore doing as well with the role.

I eagerly await next week.

Gonna stop now before I start spoiling.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    Agree to all of the above!! I loved loved loved it. My nerd dreams have come true. My only issue really with the series is the casting of Caitlin. The actress is fine. . .but damn if she isn't too obviously old for the part. Aside from that. . . .

United States
    Season 2 has been confirmed:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/19/ga...rones-renewed/

Winter is coming — back!

HBO has renewed its fantasy series Game of Thrones after airing only one episode. The show’s second season will likely debut next year and will be based on George R.R. Martin’s second book in his Song of Ice and Fire series, A Clash of Kings.

“We are delighted by the way David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have brought George R.R. Martin’s amazing book series to the screen, and thrilled by the support of the media and our viewers,” said Michael Lombardo, president of HBO. “This is the continuation of an exciting creative partnership.”