Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    I'm not sure how long it will last, but Amazon and Best Buy both have the Season 1 Blu-Ray up for preorder for just $34.99, a damn good deal if you ask me.
    I saw that the other day, region free too if i remember correctly. bought a copy myself. should arrive soon.

-on a different note without spoilers i fully predict, having gotten up to date on the books, that Tyrion wins the game of thrones. 'A short man casting a big shadow' being foreshadowed so often.

i wouldnt be surprised if he was mellisandres predicted champion of rh'llor and not stannis

Ireland
    Just stormed my way through the first series.

Can't wait for April.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Can't wait for April.
    Me too! At least The Walking Dead will help with the wait!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    so....i set the DVR to record the entire series (which was airing all at once last night), and woke up today to find that only the last half of the season was recorded....WTF.

anyways, seems to be a lot of good reviews on this show, and i plan on getting into it as soon as i can pick up with the first episode.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    s i plan on getting into it as soon as i can pick up with the first episode.
    Shouldn't be a problem--HBO and its variant channels play the hell out of the series, and will continue to do so right up till the 2nd season premiere in April.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Last edited by clanglee; 12-Mar-2012 at 02:55 AM. Reason: hdfh
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    ^^ Must resist! Must not watch!

-- -------- Post added 14-Mar-2012 at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was 12-Mar-2012 at 08:47 AM ----------

Didn't realise it's only 2-3 off now

YEH!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    4 more days!!!!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    4 more days!!!!!
    yyyyeeesss!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Tonight is the night! I finished my blu-ray rewatch yesterday, and I don't think I've ever been this hyped for a premiere.

Edit: LOL clang, how did I just notice your avatar? So awesome.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 01-Apr-2012 at 01:25 PM. Reason: derp!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Tonight is the night! I finished my blu-ray rewatch yesterday, and I don't think I've ever been this hyped for a premiere.

Edit: LOL clang, how did I just notice your avatar? So awesome.
    Not had time to watch the first series again... I'm tempted to wait and start watching the new series in a couple of weeks when I've built up a nice buffer of new episodes But then I can't chat about the new episodes
    -Carl Sagan

England
    What did you think then chaps? Great to have Game of Thrones back on TV! I really, really want to see Joffrey get his comeuppance...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    not watched it yet, currently rewatching the first season on blu-ray, which looks fucking stellar by the way, before starting season 2.

United States
    At this point my brain is so saturated with the characters, world and lore of Ice and Fire that it's really hard for HBO to put out a bad episode, imo. They really nailed the casting and location shooting.

All of the characters seemed to have settled into their roles, particularly Lena Headey, who showed more range this episode than the entirety of last season.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 03-Apr-2012 at 02:04 AM. Reason: derrrrrpppppp

Super Moderator

United States
    Loved it, but there were so many bases covered in the season opener that it just flew by.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Not had time to watch the first series again...(
    Neil, if you do not know the books well or have not read them recently, you may want to re-watch the series. Because of the expanding of the story line, you will want to be familiar/have excellent recall of where things left off, even with what you may have previously considered second tier or background characters.

That's all I'm sayin'.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany