Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

United States
    Yeah the kid they picked to play Joffrey is perfect. And I am changing my mind about Caitlin now too. The acting is definitely supplanting the "look" in my mind now.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Odd you say that, because that's the way I was expecting the scene to play out? (I've not read the book)
    It was like that at first in the book. . but then a bit more tenderness. . .it showed a sensitive side to Drogo kinda
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    I wasn't overally impressed with episode 1, but episode 2 seemed a move in the right direction, for me at least!

I'm getting interested
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Yeh, me too.

Poor old doggie though.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    New episode tonight, "Lord Snow" (spoiling description for any non-readers watching):

Arriving at King's Landing after his long journey, Ned is shocked to learn of the Crown's profligacy from his new advisors. At Castle Black, Jon Snow impresses Tyrion at the expense of greener recruits. Suspicious that the Lannisters had a hand in Bran's fall, Catelyn covertly follows her husband to King's Landing, where she is intercepted by Petyr Baelish, aka "Littlefinger," a shrewd longtime ally and brothel owner. Cersei and Jaime ponder the implications of Bran's recovery; Arya studies swordsmanship. On the road to Vaes Dothrak, Daenerys finds herself at odds with Viserys.

United States
    Whoo hoooo!!! Introduction of Littlefinger and Syrio!!!

---------- Post added 02-May-2011 at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was 01-May-2011 at 04:54 PM ----------

Great episode!! Fantastic!!! but I am really starting to wonder. . . . .Where the f*ck are the Dire Wolves!?!?!?!?

Ireland
    Really getting into this now. Thought it was a bit iffy at the start, but I'm hooked.

That dwarf guy is great. Best character of the show.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Really getting into this now. Thought it was a bit iffy at the start, but I'm hooked.

Absolutely! He's great! Although I'll swear his accent is changing!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Aye, he's getting a little posher.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post

Agreed! He's arrogant & unlikable on the surface but seems to be a rather decent & friendly chap underneath, having not read the books it'll be interesting to see what directions he takes in the series. Sean Bean is good as always too, which reminds me I need to buy the complete Sharpe box set!
    Theres several characters in Game of Thrones that are unlikable, so I'm looking forward to seeing some comeuppances later on!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Theres several characters in Game of Thrones that are unlikable, so I'm looking forward to seeing some comeuppances later on!
    Heee Heee Heeee!!! I am loving the stuff coming from you guys that havn't read the books. Ohhhh. . stick with it. . .there are surprises and twists aplenty!! The characters you may hate now, you may not hate so much later, and vice versa. The best thing about the series is that the characters are all human, they all have an arc and they all feel real. Ohhhhhh!!!!! So excited!!!

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Although I'll swear his accent is changing!
    Tyrion is my favorite character in the books. And Peter Dinklage is doing a great job playing him. But he is an american, and alas. . .You can always tell when we do your accents. I'm hoping he will level off a bit as the season progresses.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Tyrion is my favorite character in the books. And Peter Dinklage is doing a great job playing him. But he is an american, and alas. . .You can always tell when we do your accents. I'm hoping he will level off a bit as the season progresses.

Well, when in doubt (or when you're cast in a fantasy tale), go with a "stage British" accent.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    New episode tonight. . this one should start the plot moving along nicely.

---------- Post added 09-May-2011 at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-May-2011 at 05:05 PM ----------

Ok so, yes. . the main plots and mysterys were laid out. And I finally got to see Ghost.!!! . .however breifly.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Ok so, yes. . the main plots and mysterys were laid out. And I finally got to see Ghost.!!! . .however breifly.
    Yeah, that was a nice intro for Ghost, and the scenes between Jon and Sam were really well done.

Those 60 minutes fly by.

England
    I realised last night that the girl teaching Daenerys how to please her husband is the rather tasty Roxanne McKee, I met her very briefly in a nightclub about 5 years ago while she was still playing "Louise" in the channel 4 student soap "Hollyoaks", she's fit in real life too

United States
    Did you get them digits?!??!