Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Hopefully the Sand Snakes are better this season. I've not read the books, but in advance of Season 5 there were all these people going "oh sweet, the Sand Snakes are coming, OMFG!!!" - and yet they were thoroughly meh - although they were more interesting in this first episode of season 6 than they were in the whole of season 5, but then I found all the Dorne stuff a bit meh generally last season.

I see some folks have pointed out that Melisandre takes off her necklace in an earlier season (when she's in a bath) - so either there's something more to it, or they've made an error (either then, or in 6x01) ... and where did the hunting dogs go to during/after the battle to save Sansa in the woods? Did they just run off? Might have been nice to get a shot of that for a couple of seconds just so they don't dematerialise.
    I never read any of the books so the Dorne stuff didn't really jump at me. Everything from the small scale of Dorne to even the treatment in the opening credits are handled poorly (It should read "The Water Gardens" not "Dorne").

As far as Melisandre goes, perhaps a continuity error or the necklace has nothing to do with it.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    FYI for fellow Brits - "Thronecast" is back on at the usual 10pm Monday night slot now, right after the episode airs.

Just watched 6x02 (having recorded it in the 2am showing) - oooooooooooh.

Administrator

England
    Enjoyable episode except:-
    1) I thought the "monster" Kings Guard smashing the guys head, although great, was a tad cheap. Who go out and pick on that guy in particular?
    2) How soon can a women get up and wonder around normally after child birth? Would seem within tens of minutes in Game of Thrones if there's some hungry dogs around!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    1) I thought the "monster" Kings Guard smashing the guys head, although great, was a tad cheap. Who go out and pick on that guy in particular?
    2) How soon can a women get up and wonder around normally after child birth? Would seem within tens of minutes in Game of Thrones if there's some hungry dogs around!
    1. Robert Strong gives zero f*cks.
    2. I also noticed that. GoT usually doesn't do mistakes like that.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    1) To shut down criticism of Cersei (after a hugely humiliating 'shame walk' through King's Landing) and general slander against her. The others will eventually find his body, and will be less ready to speak against her. Plus we see how strong the Monster is.

2) Yeah! A rather hardy woman, to be up and around that quick after popping out a kid. I'd have thought she would still be passing the after birth or at least catching her breath at that point - especially in that sort of era. A little time jump would have been nice there, maybe a day or two, and reposition it in the episode in order to make it work better? Nevertheless - what a grim scene! I can't wait to see that Ramsey shitebag bite the dust.

Administrator

England
    I can't wait to see that Ramsey shitebag bite the dust.
    Indeed!

And Cersei and John reap their revenge!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed!

And Cersei and John reap their revenge!
    That too! Now, on Thronecast they were talking about how whenever someone comes back from the dead 'a little more of them is missing' - so might we see a harder edged Jon Snow? Might that be a force that's far stronger than before as a result? I'd love to see Jon kill the instigator of his death - perhaps even that little git of a kid, too ... I was fine with him before and yeah he's been through hell (but shit, Jon's a Stark - they've all had the worst shake of it in Westeros!), and just about tolerated him killing Jon Snow's wildling lady, but being one of the knife wielders? SOD HIM!

Cersei - eventually I'd like to see her brought down for all the terrible things she's done, but at the same time you understand her position and you can kind of respect her for it. Plus, that religious mob in King's Landing are creepy feckers in need of snuffing out ... that pious pontificator in charge is so creepy ... wouldn't it be glorious if they were exposed as massive hypocrites and then slain? So, even with Cersei's extreme flaws (of which there are many), likewise I'm waiting for the deliciousness that will be her revenge. Seeing the Monster Mountain take out that person who was talking smack about her was hilarious and satisfying - more please!

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm glad that this season has a real sense of oomph about it. Season 5 dawdled far too much - things are really shifting in season 6 thus far, no fannying about. Loving it, so I am!

Hodor! "Hold the door" - just got a bit of dust in my eye, is all...

Administrator

England
    I'm glad that this season has a real sense of oomph about it. Season 5 dawdled far too much - things are really shifting in season 6 thus far, no fannying about. Loving it, so I am!

Hodor! "Hold the door" - just got a bit of dust in my eye, is all...
    ^ How utterly f***ing genius was that!

FFS! Wow!

Hodor!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    ^ How utterly f***ing genius was that!

FFS! Wow!

Hodor!
    I'm wondering if there might be a chance we'll see him again at some point - in what way, I don't know (as a white walker?!) - there's a Hound style mystery surrounding his death (we don't see him die, we just assume it). I mean, it's probably quite likely, but you never know for 100 percent sure, you know?

Then again, a few episodes ago, Brienne confirmed thingymy's off-screen death at the end of season 5 as he lay wounded from his half-assed battle with the Boltons, so anything's possible (or indeed, not possible). If this is the last we see of Hodor, though, he certainly went out memorably - and Bran can affect the past! Oooooooooh ... now that opens up some possibilities, but will there be a severe cost/penalty for such things? Flippin' 'eck, the possibilities!

Administrator

England
    The only thing that annoyed me about that end sequence really was the damn Day Of The Dead (remake) ceiling crawlers... Crawling so fast they kept up with the runners on the ground... Silly...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    The only thing that annoyed me about that end sequence really was the damn Day Of The Dead (remake) ceiling crawlers... Crawling so fast they kept up with the runners on the ground... Silly...
    Welllllllll ... they're white walkers, not strictly zombies ... I mean, they're basically zombies, but they're their own kind of thing ... they've been raised up by crazy dark magic shit, commanded by an insanely-blue-eyed ice monster man who was created by a bunch of dainty little children of the forest, so they can do what they like, really. That didn't bother me at all - but it did remind me of how effin' awful the Day remake was in that regard, because that was actually supposed to be zombie-zombies, but failed utterly and intensely so.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 24-May-2016 at 06:22 PM.

Administrator

England
    So, I watched the ending again. Am I missing something? Is Bran somehow causing past Hodor to "spaz" out? It doesn't look like he's doing anything?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    So, I watched the ending again. Am I missing something? Is Bran somehow causing past Hodor to "spaz" out? It doesn't look like he's doing anything?
    IIRC, Bran is in the middle of a cheeky bit of unaccompanied green-sighting, during which the white walkers turn up - then Bran hears the girl scream for him to warg into Hodor so that the big guy can help them out. So Bran wargs into young Hodor mid-green-sight (so, combining the two abilities) which in-turn links him with grown up Hodor, and it would seem that either he can affect the past or he's closed a time loop, being that the "Hold the door!" instruction became, during young Hodor's fit, "Hodor".

Although, we see Hodor's eyes roll up, then back down again - and I can't recall whether Hodor's eyes stayed rolled up and white, or whether they did roll back down again, whenever he's previously been warg-controlled by Bran.

It was funny on Thronecast when they showed what the Bran actor posted on Twitter after the episode - "Nice one, Bran."

Administrator

England
    "Nice one, Bran."
    Yeh! Classic!

That'll become a T-shirt!
    -Carl Sagan