Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NIGHT of the LIVING DEAD Reunion at FAMOUS MONSTER Convention

Undisclosed
    Rats, Lori Cardille has canceled. I was really looking forward to seeing her.

But the GOOD news is the convention-exclusive cover to FM kicks major booty.

United States
    Wasn't Ken Foree scheduled too? Those were the ones I was most looking forward to hearing. Damn it!

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Ok...I'm just venting but how in the heck do you advertise specific actors and then a 'conflict' has them pull out? I'm sure I'll still enjoy it but that seems like a bait and switch. I've been to several comic cons and never had this happen.

Undisclosed
    Reminder - The Famous Monsters Convention is this weekend!

There's a special screening of the Festival version of Autopsy Of The Dead (shorter 100 minute version as the DVD version is 144 minutes plus extras) this Sunday at the Famous Monsters Convention (July 9-11th in Indianapolis, Indiana) at 11am followed by an Autopsy Of The Dead Panel Discussion at 1:30 pm

Night Of The Living Dead guests at the Famous Monsters Convention who will be signing autographs include Kyra Schon, Charles Craig, Bill Hinzman, Gary Streiner, Joe Unitas (Lighting Supervisor), Herbert Summer (Zombie), Rick Catizone (Credits), Judith O'Dea, Russell Streiner, John Russo, and George Kosana. Visit the Famous Monsters link above for more information.

The Autopsy Of The Dead DVD (Zero Day Releasing) will be available for sale at the convention (this is the full 2 hr. 24 minute version). Also for available for sale at the show will be the "They Won't Stay Dead" CD (Zero Day Releasing) which has the original library tracks used in Night Of The Living Dead digitally restored and uncut for the first time. Get them both (DVD and CD) to have a fiendishly good time
    Last edited by C5NOTLD; 09-Jul-2010 at 09:37 AM.

Undisclosed
    It was nice finally getting to meet you Dubious Comforts at Famous Monsters. Can't wait to watch Autopsy here in the next day or two when I get the chance. Hopefully I'll see you at Living Dead Fest.

United States
    OK, I've digested my experience at the Famous Monster Convention....overall, it was a positive experience. I finally picked up They Won't Stay Dead (great CD) and attended Return, Dawn, & Day panels. There was so much stuff to buy that it was a little overwhelming. I was a tad put off with the prices for autographs. If you were the star of the movie I can understand 20 bucks but for someone who was in 2 minutes of a particular film...what are you thinking?

The Day panel was IMO the best and well worth the cash for their viewpoints and deconstruction of the film. Return (20 minutes late starting) was probably the worst.

It was great hanging in the hotel bar with Tony Todd, Danielle Harris, and Joe Pilato. My only regret is not being there on Friday night for the NOTLD panel. Maybe next time!

Undisclosed
    Hey G, how was Danielle Harris? She wasn't pleasant when I asked her for a pic at Chiller some years back.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Purge View Post
    Hey G, how was Danielle Harris? She wasn't pleasant when I asked her for a pic at Chiller some years back.
    Really really nice. Had no problem interacting with her at the signing table. She also chatted at the bar with a number of people....which she wouldn't need to do if she felt anti-social. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Undisclosed
    This photo is awesome!

But why isn't this fool at his table?

I had a great time at the FM convention and it was a success for all of the Night of the Living Dead guests. Joe Unitas (lighting director) had the actual lights on display that were used in the film, and Rick Catizone (The Animators) had original Creepshow 2 animation cels available for sale - cheap. You can't beat that.

DawnFan, it was great meeting you and I look forward to hanging out at the Living Dead Festival. Mr.G, did I get to meet you or did you pick up the CD from one of the NOTLD guests? Either way, thanks guys for supporting the CD release!

Btw, I understand your frustration with the cost of signatures, but this a by-product of the way that conventions are run these days. The promoters book a ton of guests but don't always pick-up expenses for travel, hotel accommodations or meals. The guests either have to make up those costs through autograph sales or simply not attend the show--it's that simple.

Most of the NOTLD guests were offering hefty discounts on multiple signatures. One convention regular came in with a boatload of items for signatures and left a very happy fan.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 12-Jul-2010 at 08:36 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    This photo is awesome!

Mr.G, did I get to meet you or did you pick up the CD from one of the NOTLD guests? Either way, thanks guys for supporting the CD release!
    Nope, I bought it from you...or whoever had the display outside the hall of the dead. I would have introduced myself...but you were talking with Charles Craig I didn't want it to be awkward.
    Last edited by Mr.G; 12-Jul-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Nope, I bought it from you...or whoever had the display outside the hall of the dead. I would have introduced myself...but you were talking with Charles Craig I didn't want it to be awkward.
    He was probably informing me to "kill the brain and you kill the ghoul." Next time, please interrupt!

Rick Catizone (Creepshow animator) has posted his thank-you over at the FM message board.

And just look at this awesome group...

Mr.G, did you get to meet thxleo? He was given a new nickname at the show - destined to be a sure-fire hit with the HPOTD regulars!
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 15-Jul-2010 at 02:27 AM.

United States

Mr.G, did you get to meet thxleo? He was given a new nickname at the show - destined to be a sure-fire hit with the HPOTD regulars!
    Nope. I missed it. I think you should fill us ALL in!

Undisclosed
    Nope. I missed it. I think you should fill us ALL in!
    You missed "it"? Perhaps you met thxleo and you don't even know it. I swear that he doesn't look a thing like Rush Limbaugh.

I'm sure that he'll divulge his new nick soon enough. The best part of all is that it was bestowed upon him by a DEAD person!

United States
    You missed "it"? Perhaps you met thxleo and you don't even know it. I swear that he doesn't look a thing like Rush Limbaugh.

I'm sure that he'll divulge his new nick soon enough. The best part of all is that it was bestowed upon him by a DEAD person!
    Fair enough. I may have met him...but who knows. There was one guy in the Dawn/Day discussion that asked questions and many of the actors knew him by name.

I did feel bad for the 'Death' guy who couldn't come up with a question on the fly in the Day Panel.

Undisclosed
    I did feel bad for the 'Death' guy who couldn't come up with a question on the fly in the Day Panel.
    Ha, that's too funny.

So did the "Hall of the Living Dead" and the show in general live up to your expectations?

United States
    He was probably informing me to "kill the brain and you kill the ghoul." Next time, please interrupt!

Rick Catizone (Creepshow animator) has posted his thank-you over at the FM message board.

And just look at this awesome group...

Hey, I know those guys! The lady is my wonderful girlfriend, Renee.

Thank you Jim for bringing up my new nickname that Beverly Randolph from Return of the living dead gave me...Mr. Jerk Face.