Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: creepshow comic...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Except now it appears to be Saddam Hussein asking for cigarettes...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

Except now it appears to be Saddam Hussein asking for cigarettes...
    brings me to another point: i'm not impressed by the artwork in the dawn comic series at all. i think it is the color scheme the colorist choose. it is either that or some of the angles used make the characters seem unfamiliar.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    brings me to another point: i'm not impressed by the artwork in the dawn comic series at all. i think it is the color scheme the colorist choose. it is either that or some of the angles used make the characters seem unfamiliar.
    You're right, it's very cartoonish and some of the panels don't seem very well thought-out - a lot of unnatural poses, strange positioning of characters, etc.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    You're right, it's very cartoonish and some of the panels don't seem very well thought-out - a lot of unnatural poses, strange positioning of characters, etc.
    well take a gander at what the artists did to barbara in night of the living dead: barbara's zombie chronicles. her boobs are now the size of a couple of hot air balloons. barbara's zombie chronicles is a 3 issue set that tells the story of what happens to barb after the end of night 90.

Last edited by Mike70; 10-Feb-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I agree, major disappointment for essentially a boring, cutdown version of the movie in 4 issues...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    DAAAAMMMMNNNN. Who paid for Barbara's tits?!?!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Seems Johnny was talking about breast enhancement surgeons, not ghouls....

"they're coming for you barbara, look, there's one of them now with a portfolio of past operations and book of testimonials...there's no escape!!!"
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i don't know but whoever did the barbara series needs to give it up. granted, it doesn't take much time to read 3 comics but still, it's time i'd like to have back.

the whole story is stupid beyond words.

at least most of these romeroverse comics are in color. with very, very, very few exceptions i totally detest "comics" that are done in black & white. i've always felt that the lack of color kind of defeats the purpose of a comic.
    Last edited by Mike70; 10-Feb-2010 at 06:42 PM.

United States
    I have the Creepshow comic, but I would not necessarily consider it a comic in terms of number of pages and thickness of paper like basic comics. The one I got is more the likes of a graphic novel type quality, with more colorful clarity when it comes to art.

Are we talking about the same one? Mine has a red thick cover and the pages within are slightly thinner but still thick and sturdy stock.

I got it a long time ago and I'm sure it has gained some value over the years. It is a beautiful edition to the movie.
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Savini probably has connections.

He looks like that type.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    i don't know but whoever did the barbara series needs to give it up. granted, it doesn't take much time to read 3 comics but still, it's time i'd like to have back.

the whole story is stupid beyond words.

at least most of these romeroverse comics are in color. with very, very, very few exceptions i totally detest "comics" that are done in black & white. i've always felt that the lack of color kind of defeats the purpose of a comic.
    Creepy and Eerie, come on. Classic black and white comics. But yeah, I agree that they should have color. even if it isn't a lot like tales from the crypt,vault of horror, etc.