Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thing Prequel

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    You mean the movie is about a hand?

What assholes.

Yeah but Thing is teaming up with Cousin It in a battle of wits against Kurt Russell and a monster tsunami that's rolling through Los Angeles.

United States
    Great movie, one of those that's going to be hard as fuck to top. Or even be in the same ballpark...
    Hope whoever is doing it loved the shit outta it. I used to love scaring the shit out of my sister doing the scene where that guy is tied up and convulsing.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Great movie, one of those that's going to be hard as fuck to top. Or even be in the same ballpark...
    Hope whoever is doing it loved the shit outta it. I used to love scaring the shit out of my sister doing the scene where that guy is tied up and convulsing.
    A very creepy scene ... the tension waiting for the inevitable "BLAAAARGH!" reaction from a blood sample had me screwed up on the sofa when I first saw it as a kid.

I'd imagine that being strapped to a sofa with an infected person - convulsing like that too - would be ruddy terrifying. The actor made that moment insanely creepy - you just know shit's about to go down in a big bad way right then.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    A very creepy scene ... the tension waiting for the inevitable "BLAAAARGH!" reaction from a blood sample had me screwed up on the sofa when I first saw it as a kid.

I'd imagine that being strapped to a sofa with an infected person - convulsing like that too - would be ruddy terrifying. The actor made that moment insanely creepy - you just know shit's about to go down in a big bad way right then.

"I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!"

Undisclosed
    "I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is..."

One of my all time favorite lines.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post

"I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!"

*high five*

I love that moment.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Universal has pulled the film from its release calendar. The film was scheduled to hit theaters on April 29th but the studio yanked the film and has moved up FAST FIVE(Fast & Furious 5) to take its slot on that date.
    http://www.joblo.com/the-thing-prequ...-gets-moved-up

Could this be a bad sign or just that the studio knows Fast Five(ugh) is more of a sure thing? They claim The Thing prequel isn't ready. With five months to go, this may be a sign that the film isn't shaping up too well...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    http://www.joblo.com/the-thing-prequ...-gets-moved-up

Could this be a bad sign or just that the studio knows Fast Five(ugh) is more of a sure thing? They claim The Thing prequel isn't ready. With five months to go, this may be a sign that the film isn't shaping up too well...
    Usually not a GOOD sign when studios start playing hanky panky w/bumping stuff back, UNLESS they see a "better" spot for it. If any word starts coming out about reshoots, then, yeah bad news indeed.

United States
    man, i was actually kinda looking forward to the thing prequel...i'd much rather see that than "fast five" (what a shitty moronic title)...but then again, i'm not one of the cool kids who's down wit da siknezz, so who gives a fuck what i think, rite?

and is there still no trailer for this film yet? i know there was the shit-cam cellphone footage a while back, but searching the webs, i can't find anything official. april seemed like a long ways away especially since they already had a trailer of sorts out a month or so ago....now that it's delayed further, i don't think that's a good sign. i can't imagine them scrapping the project, but interest is likely to decrease if they put it off longer.

and i'll say it again, what the fuck gives with making it come out anytime other than winter? i really hope they don't go for the total douche move and try to make it a summer block-buster or anything, but then again, i don't wanna wait till next fucking winter to see this thing....ugh.

*frustration at hollywood and the film industry in general*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As I said before....it's possible that this could just be a case of the studio wanting to put out the "sure thing" movie earlier. The last F&F film opened in April and made quite a bit of money, so they're probably just trying that same formula again. Maybe they just haven't decided where to put The Thing yet. After all....next summer is a big blockbuster summer, so they may be waiting for something closer to Halloween. The movie would get clobbered if released during all the Thor, Captain America, Green Lantern, etc hoopla.

United States
    damn, all those unnecessary comic book movies are coming out this upcoming summer? i really thought this comic-book movie bullshit would've died off by now...that's all that's been coming out for the last fucking decade....

*adds 3 more reasons to "why i hate hollywood" list*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That was only the tip of the Iceberg, man.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    That was only the tip of the Iceberg, man.
    "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!"

United States
    seriously, though, the movie industry has been totally dominated by comic-book movies for so long now....and as soon as the well dries up, they just do a reboot (spider-man, hulk, FF) and cast different actors, and idiots keep lining up to pay money to see the same thing.

things like this are why i sometimes think a nuclear attack on the west coast would be a blessing...fucking greedy film execs just bending audiences over time and time again, using storylines and characters that are decades old...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Breathe Prof, breathe. Just because they're out there doesn't mean you're required to see them.

There are a bunch of duds, but there are also a few gems. And they seem to be taking the genre seriously lately, so you never know where it might be in a few years. Don't be so quick to disregard comics as meaningless entertainment. Some of them are, but there are also some GREAT stories out there.

And you're liking TWD show so far, right?
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Nov-2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: .