Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Con-tamination 2010 (St. Louis)

United States

Con-tamination 2010 (St. Louis)

was just doing some random 5 am intrawebz searching and found this:

http://www.con-tamination.com/

so, dj and billy-ray, when were you guys going to mention that you're coming to my neck of the woods?

also scheduled to appear are bill hinzman, john russo, russ streiner, george kosana, gary klar, joe pilato, and tom savini.

never been to a convention of this sort before, but i think i'm going to make this one for sure, as it's only about 30 miles from my front door.

any other members of the hpod crew planning on attending?
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 11-Feb-2010 at 10:05 AM.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    Yeah cos you could... "meet them in Saint Louis" nyuk nyuk nyuk

Undisclosed
    Sounds cool and only an hour from me, so you never know.

Undisclosed
    Same weekend as Texas Frightmare in Dallas which is a bigger event and unfortunately, I gotta go where the money's at.

United States
    who's on the guestlist at frightmare that's more impressive than steel, rhodes, johnny, chief mclellan, the cemetery ghoul, the tire iron ghoul, and blades?

United States
    Well to be fair, Prof, Dube is talking about money, not the guestlist...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by professorchaos View Post
    who's on the guestlist at frightmare that's more impressive than steel, rhodes, johnny, chief mclellan, the cemetery ghoul, the tire iron ghoul, and blades?
    John Carpenter!

Undisclosed
    How about George Romero and John Carpenter?

In 2008, Dallas pretty much had that same exact guest list as St. Louis. I just wish all the shows wouldn't schedule so close to each other so that I could hit them all and spread the Autopsy love.

Undisclosed
    One of the releases for the St. Louis con said - "We found a guy in Iowa who has an actual 16 mm print of night of the living dead it's going to be shown the exact same way it was shown in 1968"

16mm?

Plus you can find 16mm prints monthly on ebay....

Escape From New York was shot in St. Louis 30 yrs ago (released 29 yrs ago)- would be great if they added some guests from the film.

Last edited by C5NOTLD; 12-Feb-2010 at 02:44 AM.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I will be at this convention pimping Deadlands 2. Since I will have a table I won't be roaming around chit chatting with guests, although Brinke Stevens and I will be talking Deadlands 3.

I will probably catch Billy Ray's show... I caught it last year at Zombie COn X in Milwaukee and it was a blast and now that he has a chance to show to a group from Night of the Living Dead... that should make for a great experience.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    holy shitake mushrooms! with all my fucking school crap going on lately, this had completely slipped my mind. if finances are right, i plan on being there, probably only on saturday though.

admission is 20 bucks at the door, i believe, but how much extra cash should i plan on bringing? they do charge for autographs, right?

i mentioned this a while back to a couple buds from work and they mentioned going, so maybe they'll tag along...along their love of the genre isn't quite as fierce as mine, they both enjoyed day of the dead immensely when we all watched it at my place last fall.

and dj, even though i'm not a fan of running zombies/infected/whatever the fuck you wanna call 'em, if funds are in place and the price is right, i'll support your cause and buy one of your dvd's.

and billy ray, any idea what time your saturday show is going to be?
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 26-Apr-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Most people charge $20 for the autograph Professor. This seems to be the going rate at cons. This is however a first year con so prices may be cheaper, but figure $20 a pop for autographs.

Depending on what you want signed usually bring about $200.00

Good news is Tom Savini doesn't charge for his signature, at least he didn't when he was at Cinema Wasteland 3 weeks ago.

As far as you buying one of my DVD's I will give you the HPOTD member price

$15.00 per disc as opposed to $20, but if you get Deadlands 1 & 2 I will give you both for $20.00

You just have to let me know who you are since I don't know you by sight.

Gary
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    admission is 20 bucks at the door, i believe, but how much extra cash should i plan on bringing? they do charge for autographs, right?
    Dude, it's a con. Bring LOTS of cash. You never know what sort of Holy Grails you'll find among the huckster tables. Me, I'm looking for a Day soundtrack.

and dj, even though i'm not a fan of running zombies/infected/whatever the fuck you wanna call 'em, if funds are in place and the price is right, i'll support your cause and buy one of your dvd's.
    It's a good flick. Running Zeds or not.

and billy ray, any idea what time your saturday show is going to be?
    We're thinking Saturday @5:00, right after the dealers' room closes. We're also playing Suunday afternoon. We'll have a booth up as well. Come on down & say hi!

This is gonna be fun.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Dude, it's a con. Bring LOTS of cash. You never know what sort of Holy Grails you'll find among the huckster tables. Me, I'm looking for a Day soundtrack.
    Dude you should have said something... they had a bunch at Cinema Wasteland, on vinyl, but they had'em. If you want I can make you a copy of my CD soundtrack... I mean it would just be a CD-R but I can at least hook a brother up.

It's a good flick. Running Zeds or not.
    See.. Billy knows.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    yeah, if i go (things are looking about 75-25 right now), i definitely plan on stopping in to say hey.

i've heard some pretty good stuff (on the web outside of this site) about your movie, so i might as well get a copy from the man himself, right? just don't charge me 20 bucks for an autograph

and billy ray, i enjoyed your vid you posted way back (your 1st post if i recall), and i'm sure you've tweaked the formula a bit and improved what was already a good thing, so i'm looking forward to it.

like i was saying, though, my budget is fucked this month (got my dog neutered from a veterinarian that likes money a lot), so hopefully things will be good to go.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 26-Apr-2010 at 01:56 PM.