Thread: Cut

capncnut

Cut

Was watching Soccer AM this morning and strangely the guest was Zach Galligan of Gremlins fame. Other than talking about footy, he said that he had just completed a movie in England called CUT, and that it is being released this month. It's a seige thriller about five friends who return from a party to their cottage in the country and are suddenly under attack by nutters for reasons they cannot comprehend. Sounds like a rehashed Assault on Precinct 13 right, but something Galligan said has really interested me. The entire film was shot in one continuous steadicam take, no editing trickery, for eighty minutes, and took eighteen takes to nail.

It must've been a bitch to work under those conditions.

It's basically done so that the viewer can be a little closer in on the action, and that they feel like a sixth character. Galligan went on to say that there's a lot of gore and house wrecking, and that when a take failed, the cast had to shower, fix everything up, and find a convenient time to do it all again. Apparently one take was five minutes away from ending until one of the crew fucked something up. Anyway, it's probably going to be a steaming pile (especially if twit Brit model Danielle Lloyd is in it) but I admit I'm curious. Here's the IMDb entry.
    Last edited by capncnut; 13-Feb-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Sounds interesting. I'll wait for rental or Sky Movies for it though.

United Kingdom
    Yeah I watched Soccer AM and saw this too. Sounds interesting, but I bet it turns out like the upcoming live episode of EastEnders, ie. crap.
    Kill 'em All

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Of War View Post
    Yeah I watched Soccer AM and saw this too. Sounds interesting, but I bet it turns out like the upcoming live episode of EastEnders, ie. crap.
    oh god, people trying to be crappy stereotypical lau'ghn'da-na's for 25 minutes straight.

HA!, impossible.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Was watching Soccer AM this morning and strangely the guest was Zach Galligan of Gremlins fame. Other than talking about footy, he said that he had just completed a movie in England called CUT, and that it is being released this month. It's a seige thriller about five friends who return from a party to their cottage in the country and are suddenly under attack by nutters for reasons they cannot comprehend. Sounds like a rehashed Assault on Precinct 13 right, but something Galligan said has really interested me. The entire film was shot in one continuous steadicam take, no editing trickery, for eighty minutes, and took eighteen takes to nail.
    there is a movie called "russian ark" that i have waxed poetic about before. it was shot in one take as well and is an incredible feat of film making. the entire film takes place inside the hermitage and the scenes can sometimes involve a couple of hundred people. there is one absolutely mind boggling shot that takes place during a huge ball. the camera weaves in and out of the dancers and through the crowd. i was lucky enough to see it in a theater and was completely blown away.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There's another movie, which title slips my mind, about a bank robbery that was shot in one take.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    oh god, people trying to be crappy stereotypical lau'ghn'da-na's for 25 minutes straight.

HA!, impossible.
    I'm going to watch it just to see them fuck it up.
    Kill 'em All

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Galligan did well from the clip, everyone else is a 'Lahndona'.

Treacle.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    The Colombian film PVC-1 is also in one take.