Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just acquired a PS2 for free!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Just acquired a PS2 for free!

The house I live in has a crazy ass basement that everyone parties in. There's a bar, fridge, beer pong table, arcade machines, poker table, etc. I just recently put a TV down there, hoping it would inspire friends to donate their old systems.

Last night a buddy brought over PS2 along with the following games:

Red Dead Revolver
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    007 Nightfire
    Hot Shots Golf 3
    The Warriors
    Red Faction
    MVP Baseball 2003
    Manhunt
    Socom
    Socom II
    Socom III
    Supercar Street Challenge
    Nascar Thunder 2002
    Tony Hawk's Underground
    Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm
    NHL 2005
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2002
    Onimusha
    Madden 2004
    GTA: Vice City
    NHL Hitz 2002
    007 Agent Under Fire
    Aggressive Inline
    GTA: San Andreas

It's now 9am, Sunday morning. I'm extremely hungover, sitting in our freezing cold basement, doing some serious gaming.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ugh. I was super psyched for Metal Gear Solid 3 after reading rave reviews. However, now I never want to play it again. Took 45 minutes of watching cutscenes (with about 1.5 minutes of actual gameplay thrown in) until I could actually play it on my own... immediately wasn't into it. Argh.

Canada
    you need to get some..uggh..i can't even remember what i had on my ps2...

darkwatch was a fun game.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Ugh. I was super psyched for Metal Gear Solid 3 after reading rave reviews. However, now I never want to play it again. Took 45 minutes of watching cutscenes (with about 1.5 minutes of actual gameplay thrown in) until I could actually play it on my own... immediately wasn't into it. Argh.
    Don't forget that tall ladder that takes 5-10 minutes to scale, while Snakeater is playing in the background.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Mu'fukka needs some kingdom hearts.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Red Dead Revolver turned out to be an empty case. I really wanted to play that game, as I never have, and the new one is coming out soon.

In other news, another friend is donating his N64 and SNES!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    one of the last games i got for ps2 was mgs3. and i had the exact same reaction you did....after 2 hours of dialog and cutscenes and probably 30 minutes worth of playing, i decided if i wanted an experience like that, i'd just read a book or watch a film.

EDIT: and i didn't read your list all that close, so i'm editing this recommendation list and just saying that san andreas is the greatest game ever for ps2. ever.

oh, and when you get the SNES, try to find a copy of this:
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 15-Feb-2010 at 11:27 AM.

England
    Get yo' bad self a bit of Return to castle Wolfenstein, top PS2 game that, ive been playing it again recently while my PC was down!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Mortal Kombat Armageddon!

United States
    Check out Persona 4 if you're into JRPGS. Still better than any current offering of the same genre on current gen systems. You should really try again with MGS3. I loved the first, hated MGS2, and agree with most that part 3 is the best in the series. It really picks up after the first act

after the nuke goes off

Edit: Oh nice, SNES! Turtles in Time, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario All Stars, Super Castlevania IV, Final Fantasy III, Yoshi's Island...the list goes on.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 15-Feb-2010 at 05:12 PM.

England
    On the Metal Gear debate, I've only played the first & second ones, but out of those the first was definitely the best by a long,long way! Sons of Liberty was visually impressive & the first act on the oil tanker was awesome, but after that it went absolutely ridiculous plot wise so I played it to the end with one eyebrow raised & never touched it again. Havent played the third one, but judging by what people are saying about the 45 minute cut scenes etc, im not really bothered.
    As for the SNES, dont forget this gem

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm actually having a hard time playing most of the PS2 games. They just haven't stood the test of time for me. I went to play San Andreas, all excited, and it turned out THAT WASN'T IN IT'S CASE, EITHER!!!

I'm really looking forward to getting the SNES. I have recently played that and to me the games are far more fun than these I've been playing on PS2. Dunno why... maybe it's more of a nostalgic thing?

I'll definitely be picking up Zombies Ate My Neighbors (one of my fav games ever), Super Mario World (another fav), F-Zero, whatever Castlevania there is. And MUST get Mario Kart for the N64. That game can make for some fun times with a few bored friends.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    you want something that holds up? you want early usage of motion capture on actors? fantastic soundtrack? great characters? and a story with a twist you will never see coming that will be something you reference as a good twist for years to come?!?

imagine if david lynch was put in charge of designing a resident evil game instead of making twin peaks. this is one of the best fucking games ever made.

CAP' CAN AH GET A HOLLA'?!?
    Last edited by Danny; 15-Feb-2010 at 05:38 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Trust me, Hells, I've played Silent Hill 2 all the way through MANY times. Had it back when PS2 first came out. After I sold the PS2 and got an XBOX, I then bought it for XBOX.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I like how you say that you "aquired" a ps2, like it was some microfilm or something.

But yes Hells, I will testify!!

Silent hill 2. Officially the shiznit. Nuff said.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"