9 69.23%
  • Jake E. Lee

1 7.69%
  • Zakk Wylde

3 23.08%

Thread: Favorite Ozzy Guitarist Poll

United States

Favorite Ozzy Guitarist Poll

So who's it gonna be, Randy, Jake, or Zakk? I left out Brad Gillis because, well, who in the heck ever associated him with Ozzy? And I'm talking solo career, not the Black Sabbath days.

I personally enjoy all three contributions and styles to Ozzy's legacy and the individuality that stands alone, but I'll have to go with Zakk man. His sound is blisteringly beautiful with an ounce of deafening madness, and I sure as hell don't mind.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jded; 02-Feb-2010 at 06:57 PM.
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Randy Rhoades all the way, that dude is awesome.
    I have his signature guitar too..love it.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

capncnut
    Randy all the way. The others don't compare really.

United States
    Well you left out Tony Iommi which of course for
    me would be THE only choice, but since I
    assume you mean Ozzy solo i understand.

You also left out Jake E Lee
    His work was not bad, and in some places
    IMO better than Zak

But it is definitley Randy Rhoads.

Those 2 albums- Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman
    are incredible.
    Randy stated he wanted to do maybe 1 or 2 more albums
    with Ozzy before moving on.

I think the follow up album to Diary would have
    been amazing.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    Well you left out Tony Iommi which of course for
    me would be THE only choice, but since I
    assume you mean Ozzy solo i understand.

You also left out Jake E Lee
    His work was not bad, and in some places
    IMO better than Zak

But it is definitley Randy Rhoads.

Those 2 albums- Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman
    are incredible.
    Randy stated he wanted to do maybe 1 or 2 more albums
    with Ozzy before moving on.

I think the follow up album to Diary would have
    been amazing.
    I should have specified Ozzy's solo legacy, Black Sabbath is a whole other discussion.

I most definitely included Jake E. Lee. As you can see he has no votes so far.

Zakk has one of the most powerful sounds I have ever heard come out of a stack of amplifiers. When it comes to a guitar punch I have yet to put anyone above Dimebag Darrell's. Zakk I feel is the closest to that rich heavy mix. As I said I enjoy all three from an arrangement and technical base, I just feel the more powerful vibe, more so from Zakk Wylde.
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jded View Post
    So who's it gonna be, Randy, Jake, or Zakk? I left out Brad Gillis because, well, who in the heck ever associated him with Ozzy? And I'm talking solo career, not the Black Sabbath days.

I personally enjoy all three contributions and styles to Ozzy's legacy and the individuality that stands alone, but I'll have to go with Zakk man. His sound is blisteringly beautiful with an ounce of deafening madness, and I sure as hell don't mind.
    I am a huge fan of Zakk Wylde. I have all the Pride and Glory Albums as well as the BLS albums.

For those who dig Zakk he plays Gode in Rockstar
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    i voted for Jake because I stood next to him onstage while he sound checked BATM... cool stuff

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I am a huge fan of Zakk Wylde. I have all the Pride and Glory Albums as well as the BLS albums.

For those who dig Zakk he plays Gode in Rockstar
    I'm actually not that big of a fan of BLS. I've heard a few on the radio but that's all. Who's the singer for BLS? I guess I should know, and I hope you don't say it's Zakk. I think it just might be the vocals that turn me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadish View Post
    i voted for Jake because I stood next to him onstage while he sound checked BATM... cool stuff
    You know I dig Jake too. I even listened to him after Ozzy to find that Badlands really rocked. What is BATM?
    That's so freakin cool that you stood next to him. The closest I got to any of my rock idols was after shows. I've met a couple of the guys from Ratt. I met Steve Vai, and I met and talked with Joe Satriani inside his tour bus.

United States
    Who's the singer for BLS? I guess I should know, and I hope you don't say it's Zakk. I think it just might be the vocals that turn me off.
    In that case, prepare to be turned off, 'cause it is indeed Zakk singing for BLS. I just wish he'd go back to the Pride & Glory/Book of Shadows days, 'cause back then he was really singing, unlike what he's doing in BLS now. I like BLS, but wow, what a different six million beers makes on the voice.

I'd have to go with Randy. He is the reason I started playing guitar in the first place, not to mention the more talented guitarist of all three mentioned.

I like Zakk too, but Randy is far and away my favorite.

I have to be honest, i've never cared much for Jake. I think what turned me off was an interview I read with him and he said (i'm paraphrasing here, but it's very close to his original quote) "If I have a really good idea for a song or a riff, I keep it to myself. If I have something I don't know what to do with, I give it to Ozzy" It was something along those lines and it made it sound like he just gave Ozz his "leftovers" and not his really good stuff. That's not how it's supposed to work. I doubt Randy or Zakk pulled that kinda stuff.

No doubt Jake is indeed a good guitarist, but just not my cup 'o tea.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    i'm actually not that big of a fan of bls. I've heard a few on the radio but that's all. Who's the singer for bls? I guess i should know, and i hope you don't say it's zakk. I think it just might be the vocals that turn me off.

You know i dig jake too. I even listened to him after ozzy to find that badlands really rocked. What is batm?
    That's so freakin cool that you stood next to him. The closest i got to any of my rock idols was after shows. I've met a couple of the guys from ratt. I met steve vai, and i met and talked with joe satriani inside his tour bus.
    bark at the moon