Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody Remember a Former Poster Here? (Jeff Weise)

ViP

United States
    When georgearomero.com shut the forums down, Blades11 and another user created a forum which myself and a few others flocked to as a recue station of sorts. I believe the forums here were down at the time. Anyway, I posted a lot with Blades and the few others there for some time, and to be honest, nothing out of the ordinary comes to mind at all. The same goes for his posting on here.

United States
    Ignorant question but unless he came out and told everyone his name, how the hell did everyone know his id?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Ignorant question but unless he came out and told everyone his name, how the hell did everyone know his id?
    http://news.minnesota.publicradio.or...edlakesuspect/

"Weise's Hotmail address links him to frequent postings on one Internet forum called "Rise of the Dead," a site where contributors collaborate on stories about "average people attempting to survive in a zombie-infested world," according to the site.

Weise, posting under the handle "Blades11," appeared to be a regular contributor to numerous fan fiction sites related to zombies. On one, Weise identifies himself as being from Red Lake and lists himself as an amateur writer.

He goes on to write, "I'm a fan of zombie films, have been for years, as well as fan of horror movies in general. I like to write horror stories, read about Nazi Germany and history, and someday plan on moving out of the US.""

I used to be the administrator for "Rise of the Dead". Yeah, I knew the bastard (though not very well, thankfully).

-stray-

Undisclosed
    Yeah, I remember that. Jeff isn't the only infamous person who posted to a board I was on either. There was a militia guy on a gun/survival board who got into a shootout with the police and a Muslim US soldier on AR15.com got sent up for treason I think for trying to pass information on weak points in US armored vehicles to Al Queda. Oh, and the moderator on Rougesci.org got busted after going on the run for killing his roomate.

Lots of "Wow, just wow" moments there.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooley View Post
    Oh, and the moderator on Rougesci.org got busted after going on the run for killing his roomate.
    Yeh! The authorities can be really funny about that sort of thing!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    There are some frightening people out there! Its part of the reason I dont really talk about being a member of this forum or even of visiting it to my real world friends! The vast majority of people I know wouldd probably be a bit weirded out & look at me as if im some horror obsessed nut job! To be fair im only really here now for the "living forums" section, I was far more into zombie films & horror in my teens than I am now but I found this site after watching Dawn '04 at the cinema & just kind of stuck around after that! I do still watch the odd zombie film & some horrors if I hear really good reviews, but im nowhere near fanboy territory these days. Im not blaming any forums for making people like Weise the way they are/were, but you have to admit horror & survivalist forums do attract a few people you wouldnt want to bump into down a dark alleyway...

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    To be fair im only really here now for the "living forums" section
    Only here for the living forums? But...

Oh. I see how it is. So you're too good for us all-forums types, is that it? Nah, nah, it's alright, it's cool. You won't hurt our feelings.

*sniff*

Miuch.

"We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Only here for the living forums? But...

Oh. I see how it is. So you're too good for us all-forums types, is that it? Nah, nah, it's alright, it's cool. You won't hurt our feelings.

*sniff*

Miuch.

But...but you know I wuvs you guys!

But really though, I dont have a real lot to talk about on horror these days, but I like a good waffle about current affairs, gossip etc!

Super Moderator

UK
    I know what you mean, you kinda run out of things to talk about - like I've exhausted most of my talk about GAR flicks now, until a new one comes out of course - and with Survival on it's way, that's a fresh avenue.

I still talk about horror a fair bit, but a lot of my posting does take place in the "living forums", but I stick around here because of the community itself, it's relatively small - but tight.

First one to drop some innuendo wins my respect.

As for what this thread's all about, I remember when that happened, and yeah - it was a case of "wow. just wow."

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    it's relatively small - but tight.

First one to drop some innuendo wins my respect.
    "That's what Gary Glitter said"
    "Just like your mom!"

There's two for ya...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I know what you mean, you kinda run out of things to talk about...
    Then you just recycle the topic.

Hey, what would be your weapon of choice in the event of an actual SHTF zombie apocalypse? You can pick a sidearm, main weapon (feel free to include all the add-ons you like) and melee weapon. Go.

Last edited by AcesandEights; 11-Mar-2010 at 02:42 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Was some good times.. Hows it feel knowin' it's been nearly 12 years? Sucks...
    I would like to issue a formal apology for my actions, but I thoroughly enjoyed the time I shared with some of my friends from here.