Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Anybody Remember a Former Poster Here? (Jeff Weise)

  1. #1
    Dying Dawg's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    410
    United States

    Anybody Remember a Former Poster Here? (Jeff Weise)

    I was looking through some old notebooks crammed under my dust-filled bed and found a local paper from March of 2005.

    I couldn't remember at first why I kept this particular issue until I read the headline of the article on the front page: Minnesota Shooter Had Troubled Past

    It was about Jeff Weise, the 16-year-old boy who went on a shooting spree that killed nine people before shooting himself.

    As I recall, he posted on here from time to time. I also believe Neil removed his posts after this happened because he didn't want to give the site any negative news coverage.

    I can't believe it has been five years since then and the fact that someone who posted here did that, but then again this site is enjoyed by many people the world over, and Neil does a great job keeping it together all of these years.

    Sad memories for sure.

    Dawg

    Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]


  2. #2
    HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,655
    Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    I was looking through some old notebooks crammed under my dust-filled bed and found a local paper from March of 2005.

    I couldn't remember at first why I kept this particular issue until I read the headline of the article on the front page: Minnesota Shooter Had Troubled Past

    It was about Jeff Weise, the 16-year-old boy who went on a shooting spree that killed nine people before shooting himself.

    As I recall, he posted on here from time to time. I also believe Neil removed his posts after this happened because he didn't want to give the site any negative news coverage.

    I can't believe it has been five years since then and the fact that someone who posted here did that, but then again this site is enjoyed by many people the world over, and Neil does a great job keeping it together all of these years.

    Sad memories for sure.

    Dawg
    What was his screen name? Anyone remember? I know his posts are gone but i'm just curious - I used to post on a lot of different horror/zombie forums, so it's possible I knew him but was unaware.

  3. #3
    certified super rad Danny's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    simply walking into mordor
    Age
    29
    Posts
    14,157
    UK
    before my time but i know what your on about. seems to be one of those whackjobs that leaves behind a goddamn legacy of retard. like that guy who 'patrolled' his town for vampires because it was built on a hellmouth.


  4. #4
    Webmaster Neil's Avatar
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    nr London
    Posts
    14,281
    England
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    I was looking through some old notebooks crammed under my dust-filled bed and found a local paper from March of 2005.

    I couldn't remember at first why I kept this particular issue until I read the headline of the article on the front page: Minnesota Shooter Had Troubled Past

    It was about Jeff Weise, the 16-year-old boy who went on a shooting spree that killed nine people before shooting himself.

    As I recall, he posted on here from time to time. I also believe Neil removed his posts after this happened because he didn't want to give the site any negative news coverage.

    I can't believe it has been five years since then and the fact that someone who posted here did that, but then again this site is enjoyed by many people the world over, and Neil does a great job keeping it together all of these years.

    Sad memories for sure.

    Dawg
    Indeed... He had a fiction contribution here too ("City of the Damned").

    We had accounts being created here by journalists sniffing for information/a story. I managed to get them to agree to give them a bit of info if they kept the site's name out of their stories...


    http://cryptome.quintessenz.at/mirror/jeff-weise2.htm

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Weise

    At age eight, his father had committed suicide in July 1997 after a day-long police standoff on the Red Lake reservation. The senior Lussier had tried to intervene in the event, but failed to bring the standoff to a peaceful end. Jeff's mother was a violent alcoholic who often took out her anger on Jeff.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

  5. #5
    Survey Time axlish's Avatar
    ViP

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Paradise City, Florida
    Posts
    2,249
    United States
    His user name was Blades

  6. #6
    Webmaster Neil's Avatar
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    nr London
    Posts
    14,281
    England
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    His user name was Blades
    Blades11 wasn't it?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

  7. #7
    Just been bitten paulannett's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland!
    Age
    31
    Posts
    177
    Northern Ireland
    Blades11 is right, yeah.

    I used to chat to him on MSN messenger. Seemed like an alright fella, though he did have some whacked out ideas which I put down to him "being yet another overly emo guy on the net."

    I was contacted by the New York Times and a local paper of his regarding it, they wanted me to send them all the stories he sent me (we'd often critique eachothers writing).

    I checked his MSN profile a week or so after he'd shot up his school and himself. It was filled with Nazi quotes, suicidal quotes and quotes basically saying, "Take down as many as you can before you fall" (that is paraphrased). His profile picture was taken from a film based on the Columbine shootings.

    Prior to this his stories were mostly based in High School in which he was the hero who saved the day and got the girl. He also showed me an animation of a GTA scenario, a guy shoots up a park, blows up police cars and then blows his own brains out.


    Put it all together, you've got a school shooter! Hindsight is 20/20.
    Last edited by paulannett; 22-Feb-2010 at 01:35 PM.

  8. #8
    Walking Dead mista_mo's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Inside your head, licking the back of your eyes.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,111
    Canada
    I vaguely remember him....He seemed alright at the time, but i do not believe that i had any regular contact with him in the forum, or otherwise, so i cannot really comment on how he was in the forum at all. It is amazing, and makes you think that when it all comes down to it, we really don't know much, if anything about the people that we call friends, or even just people we see regularly on this forum.

    Slimey fuck though. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain he inflicted on the families of the people he killed. Don't get me wrong, I do feel immensely sad and sorry for him, for the shit that he went through at home and at school, but that does not wash his hands of the horrible things that he partook in. He still murdered 9 people, and injured 5 others during the course of the shooting.
    Last edited by mista_mo; 22-Feb-2010 at 04:28 PM.
    mista_mo's random thoughts/writing thread
    check this out everynow and then for updates. feedback always welcome brothas.


  9. #9
    Dead wayzim's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    627
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by paulannett View Post
    Blades11 is right, yeah.

    I used to chat to him on MSN messenger. Seemed like an alright fella, though he did have some whacked out ideas which I put down to him "being yet another overly emo guy on the net."

    I was contacted by the New York Times and a local paper of his regarding it, they wanted me to send them all the stories he sent me (we'd often critique eachothers writing).

    I checked his MSN profile a week or so after he'd shot up his school and himself. It was filled with Nazi quotes, suicidal quotes and quotes basically saying, "Take down as many as you can before you fall" (that is paraphrased). His profile picture was taken from a film based on the Columbine shootings.

    Prior to this his stories were mostly based in High School in which he was the hero who saved the day and got the girl. He also showed me an animation of a GTA scenario, a guy shoots up a park, blows up police cars and then blows his own brains out.


    Put it all together, you've got a school shooter! Hindsight is 20/20.
    Only in Hindsight, man.
    Many folks can play at being wacked but realistically only a few take it beyond a certain point.

    Never ran across Blade11, but as I've collected the nicest, funniest, and wierdest of responses to my fiction, a few had me alittle worried.
    One was from a LaTinLadee (8/00) who gushed enthusiastically before including the comment "But then again, I'm a Nobody. "
    Another was kinda sweet, from Tellobiafra(1/02), a then sixteen year old kid, who was inspired by Mary's sacrifice in 'DeadFall: Foreshadow.' but kinda went on at great length about the meaning behind it all.
    Tho there was nothing specific in either post, sometimes it does make you wonder what kind of an audience you have.

    I did try to contact them, just to check up, but neither answered back.

    Oh, and the funniest one was Mogons(10/00) who admitted to being totally wasted as (he?) read 'Preservation of a Species. ' and asked several specific questions, some of which appeared inspired by 'From Dusk Until Dawn.'
    And if any of those I mentioned are still lurking around, you guys rock.

    Wayne Z

    'That one's life is no where near as great as what that Life can give. I don't mean die for America or the American people, but for any one person or people. Life is to great to waste thats why I do not believe in nationalism because it has caused far to many wars. '
    Tellobiafra

  10. #10
    Just Married AcesandEights's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    7,478
    United States
    I was only vaguely active on the boards at that time, but this does come up every so often on the boards.

    Like Mo, I can't imagine the ripple effect of pain this guy must have caused in the lives of others. So messed up.

    "Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

  11. #11
    Webmaster Neil's Avatar
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    nr London
    Posts
    14,281
    England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I was only vaguely active on the boards at that time, but this does come up every so often on the boards.

    Like Mo, I can't imagine the ripple effect of pain this guy must have caused in the lives of others. So messed up.
    It's hard to picture the horrible outcome with this picture isn't it...




    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/229936
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

  12. #12
    Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,911
    United States
    I do remember him from here. I can also remember when someone posted the horrible news of what he did. Not sure if I was active at that point, or if I was lurking (I went back and forth back then), but I surely remember the name and the story.

  13. #13
    HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,655
    Scotland
    Yeah, it's pretty freaky. I'm actually surprised we've not seen more of this kind of thing; I think for a lot of people (not all, not even a significant percentage, but still a lot in terms of numbers) an imaginary outbreak of zombies represents a guilt-free outlet for murderous impulses, mirroring how they view the world they live in (themselves against virtually the rest of the planet) and offering a simple way to deal with the problem (a bullet in the head) removing all the tough complexities of real world problems and relationships. I've known a fair few people who lived in that fantasy world, and it's not a healthy place. Most of them would never act on those fantasies, but there are hundreds of them out there, and since HPotD is probably the epicentre of online zombie fandom... let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if Blades11 isn't the last member to do something like this.

    I hasten to add, though, that zombie movies DO NOT make nutters, but nutters are ATTRACTED TO zombie movies (making up only a small percentage of overall zombie fans). I could draw you a Venn Diagram for that, but... I can't be arsed....

  14. #14
    certified super rad Danny's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    simply walking into mordor
    Age
    29
    Posts
    14,157
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty freaky. I'm actually surprised we've not seen more of this kind of thing; I think for a lot of people (not all, not even a significant percentage, but still a lot in terms of numbers) an imaginary outbreak of zombies represents a guilt-free outlet for murderous impulses, mirroring how they view the world they live in (themselves against virtually the rest of the planet) and offering a simple way to deal with the problem (a bullet in the head) removing all the tough complexities of real world problems and relationships. I've known a fair few people who lived in that fantasy world, and it's not a healthy place. Most of them would never act on those fantasies, but there are hundreds of them out there, and since HPotD is probably the epicentre of online zombie fandom... let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if Blades11 isn't the last member to do something like this.

    I hasten to add, though, that zombie movies DO NOT make nutters, but nutters are ATTRACTED TO zombie movies (making up only a small percentage of overall zombie fans). I could draw you a Venn Diagram for that, but... I can't be arsed....
    ive honestly thought the same thing myself, theres tons of people of a more isolationist nature who dream of stuff like that. I vaguely remember someone on the older boards who professed a love for some idea along the lines of "picking up a huge fucking gun and blowing all the 'sheep' away". more often than not its the guy who would fuck his shotgun if he could.
    Like you say, not everyone who likes zombie movies is like that, i know i sure dont, but the idea for all the rules these disturbed people live by could one day be removed is the dream for some of these unhinged types.


  15. #15
    Dying
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    346
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I think for a lot of people (not all, not even a significant percentage, but still a lot in terms of numbers) an imaginary outbreak of zombies represents a guilt-free outlet for murderous impulses
    When I first found this place I thought it would be jammed packed with liberal thinking types (Romero is an extreme liberal) but was surprised that there were so many conservatives. It just goes to show that his material attracts all types, which is kind of amazing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •