Thread: hope someone here can help.

United States

hope someone here can help.

i'm looking for night of the living dead london book 2 to have the whole series. they got one on ebay for 50.00 and amazon for 125.00 so i'm hoping someone on here may have a copy for sale.

United States
    you know what? It seems that I used to have a Night comic set in London. I have no Idea where it might be now. . . .but I wanna say there were people locked up in Buckingham palace and something about a priest? Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with the WWZ story, but I don't think so. No idea where it may be now tho.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    you know what? It seems that I used to have a Night comic set in London. I have no Idea where it might be now. . . .but I wanna say there were people locked up in Buckingham palace and something about a priest? Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with the WWZ story, but I don't think so. No idea where it may be now tho.
    that's the one.. i got all of them starting with the prelude to where the lady got bit before she got on the plane heading to london and according to the comics, that's how it got started over there.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    It was written by Clive Barker, oddly enough. You'd think Barker would do his homework enough to realise that getting bitten has nothing directly to do with becoming a zombie in the films. If the "event" was happening in the UK too, it wouldn't need a bitten woman to start off, every corpse in London would be getting up.

The comic is actually on HPotD in the memorabilia section - http://memorabilia.homepageofthedead.com/?id=304

United States
    Yup that's the one!! If I come across it. . I'll let you know.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    wow. 125 on amazon and 50 on ebay. that's outlandish.

sorry to report, but i do have copies of issues 1&2. however, they were a gift, so i don't really want to part with them.

thanks to the op for alerting me about the rarity of that particular issue, though.

how many more are in the set?

i also have a NotLD #3...wish i had the whole set of those. i think there were 5 or so.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 02-Mar-2010 at 10:44 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Yup that's the one!! If I come across it. . I'll let you know.
    ok. thanks

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    wow. 125 on amazon and 50 on ebay. that's outlandish.

sorry to report, but i do have copies of issues 1&2. however, they were a gift, so i don't really want to part with them.

thanks to the op for alerting me about the rarity of that particular issue, though.

how many more are in the set?

i also have a NotLD #3...wish i had the whole set of those. i think there were 5 or so.
    your welcome. their is 5 in the set. you have the prelude then theirs 1 thru 5 after that you have the aftermath then the night london series starts but only 2 of them. i got a few extra copies of the night series i know i got 1 will have to find them and see what other ones i have. will let you know which ones i have.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    It was written by Clive Barker, oddly enough. You'd think Barker would do his homework enough to realise that getting bitten has nothing directly to do with becoming a zombie in the films.
    This matters little considering the series features the worst artwork imaginable--a silly amalgamation of doctored photography and swirly, drug-induced paintings. Then there are all sorts of head-scratching, contrivances in the story such as skeletal corpses rising from graves, etc. The posse kills off all the ghouls and then stupidity hangs around until nightfall just so they may be surrounded by an army of living dead. The sheriff eventually gets offed by the reanimated Coopers--even though Ben would have previously dispatched them in the cellar with a bullet to the brain and the posse should have burned their remains when clearing out the farmhouse.

The woman that gets bitten in the jugular simply ties a scarf around the wound--problem solved! WTF? A bite on the neck equals death within minutes in just about every zombie flick.

Someone oughta drag that entire Fantaco series outside and feed 'em to those things.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    This matters little considering the series features the worst artwork imaginable--a silly amalgamation of doctored photography and swirly, drug-induced paintings. Then there are all sorts of head-scratching, contrivances in the story such as skeletal corpses rising from graves, etc. The posse kills off all the ghouls and then stupidity hangs around until nightfall just so they may be surrounded by an army of living dead. The sheriff eventually gets offed by the reanimated Coopers--even though Ben would have previously dispatched them in the cellar with a bullet to the brain and the posse should have burned their remains when clearing out the farmhouse.

The woman that gets bitten in the jugular simply ties a scarf around the wound--problem solved! WTF? A bite on the neck equals death within minutes in just about every zombie flick.

Someone oughta drag that entire Fantaco series outside and feed 'em to those things.
    that's true, but it wasn't the coopers, it was johnny and barbthat killed the sheriff and it was the shoulder. if she got bit on the jugular she would never made it to the plane with out bleeding to death.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekiller View Post
    that's true, but it wasn't the coopers, it was johnny and barb that killed the sheriff and it was the shoulder. if she got bit on the jugular she would never made it to the plane with out bleeding to death.
    Doesn't Helen Cooper show up in Aftermath and stab a posse guy with the trowel? Also, why would the woman fleeing the city tie a scarf around her neck to hide a bite on the shoulder?

Rats, now I have to dig out these stupid comics!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Doesn't Helen Cooper show up in Aftermath and stab a posse guy with the trowel? Also, why would the woman fleeing the city tie a scarf around her neck to hide a bite on the shoulder?

Rats, now I have to dig out these stupid comics!
    just found my copy of the aftermath and it was the coopers little girl that stabbed the guy and we were both wrong about the girl on the plane. she was bit between where we both said.right by the neck is where she was bit.

United States
    I got one.
    I had to digging thru boxes to find it.

Did I send you those copies Jared?

I know I sent some stuff to Brett too but
    I dont remember what things went to whom.

Night of the Living Dead London #2

Fantaco Books 1993

Horrible art, awful story.
    Dont waste money on them.

Send me your address and Ill send it out to you.
    Last edited by kortick; 05-Mar-2010 at 05:34 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    Did I send you those copies Jared?
    yeah, it's been a couple of years, but i still got 'em.

thanks again.

speaking of which, you ever run across any more extra gear,
    pm me and we'll work something out.

United States
    let me know what kind of stuff u want Jared.

posters books comic mags tshirts dolls

then give me a chance to look thru the
    stuff i got

is it only zombie stuff ur into?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    let me know what kind of stuff u want Jared.

posters books comic mags tshirts dolls

then give me a chance to look thru the
    stuff i got

is it only zombie stuff ur into?
    got the book today and it's the one i needed. thanks and if their's anything i can do for you let me know.