Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corey Haim Found Dead

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So we got clips and quotes. Man, this has me jonesing to see that flick again. I don't remember it that well, so this should be fun.

It's always surreal to watch an artist at their craft after they have passed. When i saw TDK All i kept thinking about was what a talent we lost in ledger. Too bad i can't say the same for haim tho.

still it's a human life.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    I always liked him in "Silver Bullet," "Lost Boys" and "Liecence to drive" it's just too bad
    he couldn't help himself and get off the drugs. Such a tragedy

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    I always liked him in "Silver Bullet," "Lost Boys" and "Liecence to drive" it's just too bad
    he couldn't help himself and get off the drugs. Such a tragedy
    That's why they call it a disease my friend.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Poor Corey.

I guess this means we'll never get a REAL Lost Boys sequel with the true cast.

United States
    'Nuckin Futs.

I hate that Haim didn't have the great success of other child stars like Gary Coleman, Mackenzie Phillips, or Sasha Mitchell.

Honestly, I think entirely too much pressure is placed on child actors/actresses that can lead to an entirely out-of-whack "superiority" complex or unreasonable expectations of life.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Honestly, I think entirely too much pressure is placed on child actors/actresses that can lead to an entirely out-of-whack "superiority" complex or unreasonable expectations of life.
    I think that's a fair assessment. I mean, who wants to peak at 10 and why should parents/agents etc. set up this belief that a kid has to replicate the same sort of success? It's just programming them for a (very probable) letdown and subsequent misery.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not all child stars are let downs, though. Look at Christian Bale. Now one of the biggest stars in the world. Same with Shia Labeouf. The difference is that these guys applied themselves and actually tried.

I refuse to believe that Haim tried to better his career. All he tried to do was live off his past success and score some more dope...

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    You know, 'corey' has a totally different meaning in the UK...
    Gruesome and Gory [noun]: The penis. Rhyming slang for corey (UK).
    Is that right, then? Learn something new everyday.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I was never a fan of Haim and never really dug him having seen some interviews back in the day where he came off like an egotistical fool. Surely a lot of that was simply the idiocy of youth combined with having experienced a celebrity life at such a young age. He came off even worse in that Corey show but by that time he was nothing more that a washed up addict has-been who's behavior made Feldman look like a well adjusted and self actualized dude in comparison ( which has to hurt). Nevertheless it is very sad to hear that he has passed. May he rest in peace
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 11-Mar-2010 at 05:38 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    Correctamundo. Didn't know about 'gruesome and gory' though.
    If you think that's funny, one of the attorneys i work for is named Robert Wanker.

Ah, good times at the office.

United States
    Just about everyone under the age of 30 is going "who?" right now.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Just about everyone under the age of 30 is going "who?" right now.
    I've known who both Corey's were since I was about 3 or 4 years old; The Lost Boys has been one of my favorite movies since it was released.

RIP!

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    That's why they call it a disease my friend.

Disease my arse.

Cancer is a disease.

Taking drugs is a choice.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Disease my arse.

Cancer is a disease.

Having unprotected sex is a choice, HIV/AIDS is a disease.

Taking drugs is a choice, addiction is a disease.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Disease my arse.

Cancer is a disease.

There are many PHD's that will disagree with you on that. I think I'll defer to their expertise on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Having unprotected sex is a choice, HIV/AIDS is a disease.

Taking drugs is a choice, addiction is a disease.
    Can't disagree with you there.