Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 'Alien' Quadrilogy on Blu-Ray. GIMME!

England
    Standard box is a really good price as well (considering what you get).

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/1...t/Product.html

"In space, nobody can hear you cream your jeans"
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i have no interest in blu ray, but aliens on that format if transferred right will kick alot of ass

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    i have no interest in blu ray, but aliens on that format if transferred right will kick alot of ass
    I have a feeling this set will be the reason Blu Ray player sales are about to go up. If I wasn't already using the format, this would probably be the catalyst that made me take the dive.

So excited for this...

Canada
    If you're really in the collectors mood, there is this blu ray version
    which looks wicket
    http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/1...e/Product.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Glorious Blu Ray screens:

Alien

Aliens

I didn't bother with Alien 3 or Resurrection, but you can find them through te same site.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Glorious Blu Ray screens:

Alien

Aliens

I didn't bother with Alien 3 or Resurrection, but you can find them through te same site.
    fap

fap

fap

Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So anybody here pick this up yet? I passed it up in favor of the Toy Story set, but still looking to get it soon. Curious as to what my fellow hpotd'ers thought?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Turns out the little lady got me this set for Christmas.

Alien - INCREDIBLE. The picture on this flick is jaw dropping. A definite "show off" Blu Ray.

Aliens - Not too sure about this one. Yes, this is the best the film has ever looked, but something is funny about it. It doesn't quite feel the same as I remember the film. A lot of that grainy look seems to be missing in some scenes. Not the bad grain, but the good stuff. If that makes any sense. And some shots seem a bit blurry. But overall these are minor complaints as this is the best the film has ever looked.

Alien 3 - Haven't watched the whole film yet, but I jumped around and it seems about average. Good picture, but not quite up to par with the first film.

Alien Resurrection - Haven't got around to it. Not in a rush, either.

Special Features - I'll be going through these for weeks to come. Aside from the already available top notch feature length "making of" docs for all four films, there are also quite a bit of new things. Actually....it's got EVERYTHING. Even down to continuity polaroids. It's THAT much. Several made-for-tv docs that cover the entire series, new deleted scenes, yadda yadda. One feature that's minor, but I thought was cool is that there is a sort of bridge between discs. Say if you're watching the first film and want to dive immediately into the sequel, you remove the disc but the screen stays up showing images from Weyland Yutani. Then as soon as you pop in the next disc you're immediately off to the start of the next. Like I said....minor, but cool.

My opinion(so far): BUY IT. One of the best looking and most extensive sets to date. You can't go wrong.

England
    This was on my crimbo list but it didn't happen, so I'll probably pick it up in the new year along with SGU season 1.

The whole set seems like a must own though...nice snag, Bass.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If you're not interested in spending the extra money on the full set, the individual releases will be out on May 10th. The downside is that it appears these will be only the movies. So if you want the special features, you'll have to fork out for the anthology set. Which is worth every penny, imo. As I've said before....the first three films are must-owns for any blu ray collection.

United States
    So, which boxset is preferable? Or do they all contain the same set of special features?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There's really only two sets. The Alien Quadrilogy DVD Set and The Alien Anthology Blu Ray. The Anthology Blu Ray set has more special features and of course better picture, but the Quadrilogy already has hours and hours of features. The individual films on Blu Ray are reported to have nothing....just the movie.