Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alan Wake

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    New trailer, "Building the Thriller":

Looking fantastic!

Edit: The game has gone gold, release dates are set in stone. May 14th in Europe, May 18th in North America and May 27th in Japan.
    I can see this becoming a scary-as-all-get-out kinda game ... kinda intimidating in that way, if that makes sense. I think this game will do well to create a sense of horror and drama and so on ... the sort of atmosphere that is compelling but also scary-as-balls.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    ...the sort of atmosphere that is compelling but also scary-as-balls.
    I think that's what initially attracted me to the game (since I seem to have found out about it a few years after it was announced! ) - it just has an atmosphere that seems very, very creepy. Something I haven't seen captured in a video game (properly) yet.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I think that's what initially attracted me to the game (since I seem to have found out about it a few years after it was announced! ) - it just has an atmosphere that seems very, very creepy. Something I haven't seen captured in a video game (properly) yet.
    I recently got The Mist on 2-disc DVD, and you know what I've been thinking of the whole time? Alan Wake. It's that small-town horror movie vibe with a creepy "unknown" enemy sorta thing. Something about The Mist just makes me think "Alan Wake", and vice versa.

The creep-factor that Alan Wake emanates is actually kind of intimidating ... I duno, there's just something about certain videogames that you're intimidated by them as they're compelling, but you know they're going to creep you right the fuck out ... like wanting to know what's in the darkness (or the mist!) but being too scared to find out ... ... if that makes sense?

I'm glad it's coming a week early (but two years late, as a member on ActionTrip quipped ) as it'll give me some clear time before Red Dead Redemption turns up. I'll want to get AW played and finished first, but I also don't wanna rush it unnecessarily, so I'm glad of that extra week. Indeed it's now only 5 weeks away.

Reminds me of when STALKER finally got released in 2007 - a game that I'd been waiting for for like 4 years at that time - and a game that exuded that same sense of intimidating creepiness and atmosphere.