View Poll Results: What did you think of Survival of the Dead?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loved it.

19 13.01%
  • Liked It.

53 36.30%
  • Meh, neither here nor there.

25 17.12%
  • Disappointed.

29 19.86%
  • Hated it.

20 13.70%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: For those of you who **have seen** Survival of the Dead - - - opinion poll!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    ...how that tramp got a pigeon in Shaun of the Dead I'll never figure out...
    he was an extra in karate kid.

as for "survival": i hated it. the "film" is a complete and total piece of junk for a multitude of reasons that i've already laid out in other threads.
    Last edited by Mike70; 01-Apr-2010 at 02:52 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    wtf mike you were banned!??!?
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    wtf mike you were banned!??!?
    April Fool's playing it's dirty tricks, lol. Just for clarification for anyone who sees this after 1st April.

Well, there we have it, Mike's our first "hated it" voter on the poll. Clearly though, the good folks of HPOTD are mostly in favour of the flick. 21 vs 4 with 6 people neither here nor there.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    in that case...LOL@leg sweep
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Voted "loved it" though apparently I am in the minority.

I love a good zombie film and while they are rare this was a decent zombie film. Has a lot of fun watching "Survival" - some weak acting & bad effects notwithstanding.
    Yes there were issues in this film, but in my view they were minor and forgivable and some a figment of budget more than a result of bad direction.

Let's face it, DOTD 78, is considered to be by many to be the gold standard of zombie films and even so it too, like Survival, has some flawed acting, fx that did not work, and some flawed logic. I grok that there are those to whom this film will fall short of their high standards and I can respect that- but I for one really enjoyed Survival. Them again I am one of those who, unlike many, did not mind Diary, so I don't mind if I am in the minority here.

"romero is finished" I have heard some proclaim, but this is a view that I do not suscribe to andviewing Survival has not changed my mind. I say that GAR has done a decent job here and would pay high theater ticket prices to see Survival on the big screen if given the opportunity.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    . I say that GAR has done a decent job here and would pay high theater ticket prices to see Survival on the big screen if given the opportunity.
    Agreed!!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

survival

Have to say it wasn't a par on the older ones but it kicked the ass of diary and land.George back to form?

Super Moderator

UK
    Minority? "Loved It" is second only to "Liked It" ... I think that's a pretty clear signal from the HPOTD community - Survival gets a

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    its definitely rewatchable, discussable and in places very enjoyable.

I really have grown to love the guy who plays O'Flynn...especially his last moments in the film, great character and very funny....particularly like the way he speaks to his daughter and the sense of coldness you get that pervades the family...

Super Moderator

UK
    Hell yeah, I really dug O'Flynn's character. He's got some great lines ("Don't look at me, start shootin' tha bastards!" still cracks me up), and he's an interesting character because of his dogged one-tracked-mindedness in dealing with the zombie problem. Plus he's a tricksy bugger, like at the docks.

It was also interesting when he discovered the bodies of all the people he'd sent to the island, in exchange for all their possessions.

United States
    Third viewing of Survival, and I find myself growing fonder of this installment with each viewing. Still love it and it now has surpassed both Diary and Land on my list of favorites. That being said, I have found myself a little more annoyed all the same by that flare gun and extinguisher gag which are like having a hemmoroidal flareup on a beautiful day. But little annoyances like that are inevitable - even existing in DOTD - and by themselves do not ruin the film for me.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Hell yeah, I really dug O'Flynn's character. He's got some great lines ("Don't look at me, start shootin' tha bastards!" still cracks me up), and he's an interesting character because of his dogged one-tracked-mindedness in dealing with the zombie problem. Plus he's a tricksy bugger, like at the docks.

It was also interesting when he discovered the bodies of all the people he'd sent to the island, in exchange for all their possessions.
    O'Flynn character was hilarious- total agreement.

The character that really annoys me is that waif boy who is tagging along. The core story really does not need the character and I find his screen presence irritating. Even my Wife commented that she experiences an overwhelming urge to punch that kid in the nose evertime he I'd onscreen. Not saying that the actor was bad or anything, mind you, but he was not essential to the story line.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    I can't wait to see this myself. I'm growing envious of all of you who have seen it. I won't watch it illegally so I'm stuck waiting for the DVD.

United States
    *spoilers below...maybe*

I'll be honest i watched it a few days ago and it was a good movie, not great, but more entertaining then Diary for sure. I like Gar kept the sarge in the story and i really would hate it if the story has him going to the green and him changing his name to Brubaker as a result of internet fame that was mentioned in this one. Only because we all know his fate and i personally like the character. One major point that bugged the hell out of me were some of the novelty kills. In dawn there was the machete, day the power drill, shovel and so on, and in land there was the charlie kill on the priest in the garage...you know the one.

Now in diary there were a few that made me grab the bridge of my nose and sigh. One being the Amish guy killing himself and the other being the defibrillator in the hospital. These I could let pass but only by a little,

In survival there is the flare gun and the fire extinguisher.
    Am i the only one bothered by these as them being a little too silly?
    "Are you asking me if I think you're pretty or if I'll f*** you? Cause you don't have to be pretty for me to f*** you"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Spoilers

Just saw it, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It was kinda different from anything we've seen so far in the Dead films, and I liked it. I have gripes. For instance the pacing in the end shoot-out is just way off. And come on, a zedhead riding a horse? And a zedhead eating a horse? I don't buy it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartma7546 View Post
    Now in diary there were a few that made me grab the bridge of my nose and sigh. One being the Amish guy killing himself and the other being the defibrillator in the hospital. These I could let pass but only by a little,

In survival there is the flare gun and the fire extinguisher.
    Am i the only one bothered by these as them being a little too silly?
    The gag stuff is stupid and I'm sick of it. Like the Diary ones you mentioned (don't forget Acid Face) the Survival ones were not believable and diffused any seriousness of the movie. The ones in the classic trilogy made sense at least. Even the Charlie Priest kill was within the bounds of plausible. The Diary and Survival stuff is encroaching on B-movie territory. Do we get Linnea Quigley for the next one?
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.