Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Blu-rays Missing in Action

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I feel the PQ for the DAY blu-ray is for shit. It is too soft. nowhere near as sharp as the DAWN Blu-Ray, but DAWN did get a better remastering job in 04 versus the DAY remaster in 03
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Maybe they leaned from their mistakes and refined the process when they released the dawn blu ray.

In either case, i thought my copy of day looked pretty good. I'll have to compare and contrast them.

Also them being in a dark cave vs. a brightly lit mall couldn't have helped matters any.

I've noticed with other HD films that are made in a dark setting, they tend to look grainy. Perhaps that's where the HD actually hurts the picture.

But your the film expert so I'll defer to your expertise on this one.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Hey Lou:

As far as I know "Christine" is, unfortunately, not yet on Blu-Ray. I was just making the comment that I'd LOVE to buy it on Blu-Ray when it is made available on it. The sooner the better.
    Well slap me with a silly-stick - I completely lost track of the subject of this thread and thought you might've had it on BR already. d'oh!

I also own the Collector's Edition DVD of it and it upconverts very well on my player and the picture/sound quality is very good for upconverted DVD. I would just love to have the best appreciation for the picture quality/sound quality that no doubt would be afforded by the Blu-Ray version of it when/if it's made available.
    Lets hope they don't use the DVD master and just slap it on BR. I know we're in a "transition" period here with DVD-to-BR, but I think BR might take off much quicker if these companies did restorations that really showed off the capabilities of BR. We'll see I guess.

Carry on, My bad.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Most likely would do a new transfer because of the films age
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Most likely would do a new transfer because of the films age
    I would hope so. I just hope they take the time & care to do it properly and not a "rush job"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just got an email that the BTTF Blu Ray set is available for pre order from Amazon.

55 bucks isn't too bad for all three films and features, I suppose. The question is will it drop once released or go up? I'm gonna hold out in hope of a better deal or a potential gold box treatment in the near future...
    Last edited by bassman; 02-Jul-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Just got an email that the BTTF Blu Ray set is available for pre order from Amazon.

55 bucks isn't too bad for all three films and features, I suppose. The question is will it drop once released or go up? I'm gonna hold out in hope of a better deal or a potential gold box treatment in the near future...
    I don't know , this looks like a pretty sweet deal man.

The extras are through the roof.

Remember, the dawn UE set was 50 bucks when it first came out too and it didn't have anywhere near the extras this baby has.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I don't know , this looks like a pretty sweet deal man.

The extras are through the roof.

Remember, the dawn UE set was 50 bucks when it first came out too and it didn't have anywhere near the extras this baby has.
    Good point. But at the same time....my local best buy now has the UE for 15-20 bucks. I expect this set to go down to at least 30 at some point.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Good point. But at the same time....my local best buy now has the UE for 15-20 bucks. I expect this set to go down to at least 30 at some point.
    It sorta sounds like we're buying and selling stocks dude.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It sorta sounds like we're buying and selling stocks dude.

That's how you gotta play it when looking for BR deals, man. I'm a penny pincher....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Best Buy always has grabber sales, and when they do i usually scoop up the stuff I would never pay over $40 for... such as True Blood, and BTTF. If I find it for $35.99 I will buy it, but anything over $40.00 I won't, even when I bought the HD DVD Matrix Ultimate Collection I waited for it to go to 50% off the $89.99 price, then I used the B1G1 Free option as well, so I ended up with two copies for $45.00 and sold the other on eBay and made my money back.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Best Buy always has grabber sales, and when they do i usually scoop up the stuff I would never pay over $40 for... such as True Blood, and BTTF. If I find it for $35.99 I will buy it, but anything over $40.00 I won't, even when I bought the HD DVD Matrix Ultimate Collection I waited for it to go to 50% off the $89.99 price, then I used the B1G1 Free option as well, so I ended up with two copies for $45.00 and sold the other on eBay and made my money back.
    Retail is for lazy suckers. They buy the first thing they see.

Example:

I know it's not a movie but at this very second gamestop is selling bioshock 2 for 39.99. Gamefly has it for 16 bucks.

A little homework people !

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Retail is for lazy suckers. They buy the first thing they see.

Example:

I know it's not a movie but at this very second gamestop is selling bioshock 2 for 39.99. Gamefly has it for 16 bucks.

A little homework people !

I actually read the weekly flyer, but for movies I go to Amazon, www.inetvideo.com, and a few other spots. Only when BB runs a sale do I ever go to BB for my movies.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    take the time & care to do it properly and not a "rush job"
    That tends to happen when you're married for 15+ years. LMFAO !

I couldn't resist dude.

United States
    That tends to happen when you're married for 15+ years. LMFAO !

I couldn't resist dude.
    ZING! Another +1 for darth!