Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Blu-rays Missing in Action

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What? I was going to say that Famke Jensen is hot.

Super Moderator

UK
    Bassman - aye, true enough come to think of it. At least the new James Bond is going ahead though apparently.

Lou - *high five* for LAH, I dig that flick, I don't understand why it gets so much flack, but having never bothered to get it on disc I've not experienced the disrespect it has had on home release, but I had heard about shitty treatments for it. How daft, eh?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    What? I was going to say that Famke Jensen is hot.
    Nice try, no cigar..

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Lou - *high five* for LAH, I dig that flick, I don't understand why it gets so much flack, but having never bothered to get it on disc I've not experienced the disrespect it has had on home release, but I had heard about shitty treatments for it. How daft, eh?
    I've been waiting for a proper release for at least a decade... pisses me off they just can't get it right ONCE.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's funny, but I barely remember anything about LAH other than the Pan and Scan on the VHS made me want to shoot myself. It was HORRIBLE.

Honestly....I remember that over most of the plot points in the film. That's how bad it was....
    Last edited by bassman; 01-Dec-2010 at 05:13 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Famke Jansen is hot.

Pan & Scan eh? Yeah, it's hideous ... worst I've seen is Short Circuit (a 2.35:1 movie), and good lord, it was like a crack whore chimp on speed was sliding it left and right while trying to impersonate a kid with ultra-ADD ... truly horrendous, almost dizzying in fact.

England
    Pan and Scan is an affront to common decency and the human spirit...
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Famke Jansen is hot.

Pan & Scan eh? Yeah, it's hideous ... worst I've seen is Short Circuit (a 2.35:1 movie), and good lord, it was like a crack whore chimp on speed was sliding it left and right while trying to impersonate a kid with ultra-ADD ... truly horrendous, almost dizzying in fact.
    That's what it felt like to watch LAH when they put it in 4:3 pan & scan - I mean, if there was ever a movie intentionally shot for a WIDE-assed aspect ratio, it was LAH - and the panning/scanning almost made me sea-sick is was so horrible. Not to mention it was so distracting it takes away from the entire viewing experience.

FUCK YOU COLUMBIA PICTURES! Do it right, or suffer the wrath of... well.. nobody, but I'll still be pissed off about it!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Another to mark off the list:

ALL-NEW BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAY:
    “Return to Jurassic Park” – this six-part documentary features all-new interviews with the many of the cast members from all three films, the filmmakers and Steven Spielberg.
    Dawn of a New Era
    Making Pre-history
    The Next Step in Evolution
    Finding The Lost World
    Something Survived
    The Third Adventure
    The new special features make up for having to purchase the two sequels. They weren't awful, but i'm not too interested in the sequels so much. I'm more excited for this than the Star Wars set.

And looking back at IGN's list now.....most of those listed have already had a blu ray release or have one on the way. Still waiting for the Indy trilogy...
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Jun-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: .