Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Valve- "one l4d character won't survive the passing"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Yeah, lt might be better to play with other people. . .I dunno. I really only get that kinda nervous on FPS games or sometimes in PVP like say in WOW. I used to get a little nervous on platform games, but that was an exciting happy times kind of nervous. Meh. . . .who knows?
    s'all about finding what you like. In wow i hate stuff like laterac valley and eye of storm and that deathmatch and capture the flag bollox. but lake wintergrasp is a hoot, protectign a fortress in cannon turrets or attacking it with steamtanks in a raid is great fun wether you win or not. You get a lot of honour anyway win or lose so theres no pressure i just dont play the othe rbattlegrounds because honestly pvp aint my forte and i just have fun going buck ass wild death grippan an plaguan.

If you aint played left 4 dead online its really not the same game, especially the first one, the seconds more accessible alone but the first is worthless without multiplayer.

United States
    Geez clangy, get yer butt on and we'll tackle some zeds. It's a totally different experience playing with buds. I'm not sure if I want your L4D virginity, but my group would take you in as a sloppy seconds sorta thing.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Super Moderator

United States
    Let my friend request languish in 360 limbo no longer, Clang! Let us terminate the walking dead with extreme prejudice!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Let my friend request languish in 360 limbo no longer, Clang! Let us terminate the walking dead with extreme prejudice!

Yeah, i think he really needs to play with some buds.

It's like the night we played dark carnival with your buds. It was only on easy and i didn't even know them but it was a blast.

Win or lose, It's really more about the comrodery than anything.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    Oh, quick question...does anyone know if the DLC for the original Left 4 Dead should also apply towards certain types of (not specific to scenario) achievements?

I'm still trying to finish off 'Zombie Genocidest'.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Oh, quick question...does anyone know if the DLC for the original Left 4 Dead should also apply towards certain types of (not specific to scenario) achievements?

I'm still trying to finish off 'Zombie Genocidest'.

Yes i believe every zed you kill in crash course counts toward the magic number as well. It also has it's own mini genocide achievement called "The littlest genocide".

Now that is exclusive to the crash course campaign, so zeds you kill in No mercy for example don't count toward that.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Awww. . . geeze guys. . .I'm a little choked up here. . . .now the big question. . .which of you is still up after 1 am est?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Awww. . . geeze guys. . .I'm a little choked up here. . . .now the big question. . .which of you is still up after 1 am est?

As aces can attest to, I'm on that game virtually everyday. Friday and saturday nights are a go for me, just send me a friend request and it's on like donkey kong !!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ACHIEVEMENT TIME YOU WHORES!

Torch Bearer - Survive the passing campaign.
    Port of Scavenge - play 5 full games of scavenge on the port level.
    Fore! - knock off the heads of 18 infected with the golf club.
    Till It Goes Click - using the M60, kill 25 infected in one clip without letting go of the trigger (big lebowski the jesus reference FTW!)
    Killing Them Swiftly To This Song - turn on the jukebox to play the new midnight riders song.
    Wedding Crasher - as the charger, grab a survivor and carry them through 8 chairs at the wedding.
    Cache Grab - open 5 foot lockers.
    Kite Like a Man - kill a tank using only assist damage from the original survivors.
    Grave Robber - collect ten items dropped by fallen survivors.
    Mutant Overload - play 6 mutations. (??? no idea what this is, rumor has it, and never trust rumors, that theres is a rare chance that more than just a bride witch in a dress but specials like a multi tongue smoker might make an appearance and be an alternative random spawn to play as like the tank)

-also, been hearing that bills voice actor got the sack. DUN DUN DUNNN!
    Last edited by Danny; 20-Apr-2010 at 02:20 AM.

United States
    Heck, that's only midnight in the boring states. I'm on virtually every night at that time.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ACHIEVEMENT TIME YOU WHORES!

Torch Bearer - Survive the passing campaign.
    Port of Scavenge - play 5 full games of scavenge on the port level.
    Fore! - knock off the heads of 18 infected with the golf club.
    Till It Goes Click - using the M60, kill 25 infected in one clip without letting go of the trigger (big lebowski the jesus reference FTW!)
    Killing Them Swiftly To This Song - turn on the jukebox to play the new midnight riders song.
    Wedding Crasher - as the charger, grab a survivor and carry them through 8 chairs at the wedding.
    Cache Grab - open 5 foot lockers.
    Kite Like a Man - kill a tank using only assist damage from the original survivors.
    Grave Robber - collect ten items dropped by fallen survivors.
    Mutant Overload - play 6 mutations. (??? no idea what this is, rumor has it, and never trust rumors, that theres is a rare chance that more than just a bride witch in a dress but specials like a multi tongue smoker might make an appearance and be an alternative random spawn to play as like the tank)

-also, been hearing that bills voice actor got the sack. DUN DUN DUNNN!
    Thank you for the prompt delivery of the gaming news, Hellsing (I'm being serious, here)! Looking forward to even more of a reason to get my sad sack squad of what used to be usual L4D suspects motivated.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Kotaku on mutations:

" "Mutations," are a series of new game types that Valve will be cycling in and out of the game on a weekly basis. There are more than 20 different "Mutations" planned, including the aforementioned "Chainsaw Massacre," which arms players with chainsaws and an unlimited supply of gasoline."

FUCK YEAH!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    I got a stiffy.

Undisclosed
    Cant wait I will be dl'ing when it hits are 2:30am pst on thursday morning.... Anyone who is playing send me a xbl friend or play request.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    Cant wait I will be dl'ing when it hits are 2:30am pst on thursday morning.... Anyone who is playing send me a xbl friend or play request.

Count on it buddy. You know I'll be on.