Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Valve- "one l4d character won't survive the passing"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    And again, these are all Campaign gameplay changes?
    its a new gameplay MODE. you have versus. you have campaign. you have scavenge. you have survival. you have mutation. Just as you can play a map on survival or versus you can play a game based in mutation but it changes weekly and can be a variant on campaign or pvp game types. As ive said multiple times before it just means theres a new fresh way to play left 4 dead each week. I dont know how i can make it clearer.

heres a picture:

this is the menu after buying the passing, thats where it is, i dont know how i can explain it further than that other than just saying try it and have fun dude.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It's definitely not geared toward the slower sort of sightseeing gameplay.

Thats what single player and easy settings for.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Particularly on campaign. It's a totally different animal on versus.

Imo, expert difficulty on campaign doesn't hold a candle to versus. On campaign there's a set pattern and intervals of when you'll be attacked that's not so in versus.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Particularly on campaign. It's a totally different animal on versus.

Imo, expert difficulty on campaign doesn't hold a candle to versus. On campaign there's a set pattern and intervals of when you'll be attacked that's not so in versus.

and the passing was totally MADE for versus, just as crash course was campaign focussed i was heading through chapter 1 of this campaign near the apartments leading to the park thinking "man theres so many possible ambush spots for specials its unreal"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    and the passing was totally MADE for versus, just as crash course was campaign focussed i was heading through chapter 1 of this campaign near the apartments leading to the park thinking "man theres so many possible ambush spots for specials its unreal"
    The wedding is normally where most teams die, even though the safe room is right there.

You would think it's a "walk in the park" ( i got a million of em' )

Although, I fully expect that with time teams will formulate interesting stategies on how to get through it.

Popping adrenaline and hauling ass is a tried and true method.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    The wedding is normally where most teams die, even though the safe room is right there.

You would think it's a "walk in the park" ( i got a million of em' )

Although, I fully expect that with time teams will formulate interesting stategies on how to get through it.

Popping adrenaline and hauling ass is a tried and true method.

im more the type to use a molotov to make a barrier and sort of cordon an area off. Like in chapter 2 before you head into the sewer when im in the top of the studio apartment block i go out the window and instantly back in the window on the floor below and use the commonly occuring cache of molotovs to make a clean corridor between two walls of flame that we all run through.

Its interesting how different people play, like cap seems to favour a lot of mellee and andy seems to favour guns and i tend to use the environment with the items. like boomer bile in a fire or off a tall building or outside the 'level'.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

JOCKEY RACING MOTHERBITCHES!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    Chainsaws for me tomorrow, I hope!
    nope. its scavenge but only one fuel can exists at a time.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Next weeks mutation "LAST GNOME ON EARTH"

FFFFFFFUUUUU-

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    nope. its scavenge but only one fuel can exists at a time.
    That could actually make life easier, as the team can't get confused and split up!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    That could actually make life easier, as the team can't get confused and split up!
    but conversely, the player special infected will ALWAYS know where your headed.

United States
    gah damn embed thing. I haven't actually played left 4 dead that much. Just seems like it would pull a dead rising and start to get repetitive after awhile
    Last edited by Exatreides; 09-May-2010 at 01:47 AM.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    gah damn embed thing. I haven't actually played left 4 dead that much. Just seems like it would pull a dead rising and start to get repetitive after awhile

The strength of the game is that it never playes the same way twice. Ever.

There are times where I'll run through it and something so crazy will happen that is sure to never happen again and nobody else saw.

United States
    Hey I just bought this puppy for PC, add me on steam for some good killing

steam name is tonymontana69 (Yeah yeah my cousin made it)
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Unfortunately I have it for the x box. I'm not sure how many of our brothers here have it on P.C. but the steam forum is chock full of them.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

LOL PC GAMING.