Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Valve- "one l4d character won't survive the passing"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Valve- "one l4d character won't survive the passing"

http://kotaku.com/5498032/one-left-4...ve-the-passing

So heres some interesting news, the left 4 dead 2 dlc the passing, has you working with louis, zoey francis and bill to escape the campaigns particular horrible situation.
    Meanwhile, in the left 4 dead 1 dlc you play survivors assisting ellis, coach, nick and rochell escape.

The twist?

Someone on the original game is going to die.

in particular valve says "which player has the nobility to sacrifice themselves for the good of the other 7?"

Narrative wise? much as i like him im guessing its bill, the old soldier see the 7 people around him with there lives ahead of them and sacrifices himself to let them escape the cresendo event.

that or ellis, either the youngest or the oldest for the most tragic impact, but after the events of half life episode 2 im guessing bill.

Canada
    If it is Zoey or Francis I am probably not gonna do anything ever again.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    If it is Zoey or Francis I am probably not gonna do anything ever again.
    indeed, truly everything will be ruined forever.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Since the first team will be losing a member this opens up the door for other teams such as the midnight riders !

Sucks to lose one of them though.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    I started thinking about it being Bill and I thought...Nah, he is my favorite... Then I realized I really don't want it to be anyone from the original cast... Why not Coach or whats her name from the new game?.... That's how forgettable half the new cast is... Or is it just the original cast was that good?
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    http://kotaku.com/5503557/left-4-dea...-560-ms-points

costs a reasonable 560 points for a new campaign, not out this month anymore, which sucks, but new weapons and a new special infected variant, the wedding dress witch.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    Whoa, what the motherfuck? Isn't it free on the PC?

Bioware rule!
    actually valve hasnt said that for once.

They havent said they WILL charge but its got all the steam users in a tizzy about it.

but we all know valve arent charging on the 360 really, its the m$ tax, one free dlc and the rest they gotta charge for or host themselves. Which bioware did. they promptly told ms to shove it and for a preorder ten quid fo the game gives you access to the cerberus network, register on biowares website, and download via an in game client free dlc add ons.

still, roll on steam for mac next month.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

the current attorney generals are meeting up to consider allowing r18 rated games in australia, which will probably frig with the passings release for them.

Canada
    Meanwhile, in Australia...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    http://kotaku.com/5503557/left-4-dea...-560-ms-points

costs a reasonable 560 points for a new campaign, not out this month anymore, which sucks, but new weapons and a new special infected variant, the wedding dress witch.

Yes i know steam users get it free, but we are dealing with Ms here so...

All things considered, imo, 560 points is a steal. Crash course was a bare bones, bland, two chapter campaign and that was the same price.

Here we're getting a full campaign among other things.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

United States
    You know. . .I have tried to play this game. . .finished a few campaigns on easy. . .and I just don't get it. Maybe it's the kind of game that you HAVE TO play with other people. First person shooters make me all nervous and jittery anyways. I'm thinking about trading it in. . . .meh. . . . .anyone care to talk me down from this ledge?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    You know. . .I have tried to play this game. . .finished a few campaigns on easy. . .and I just don't get it. Maybe it's the kind of game that you HAVE TO play with other people. First person shooters make me all nervous and jittery anyways. I'm thinking about trading it in. . . .meh. . . . .anyone care to talk me down from this ledge?
    maybe its a nerves thing, i know a guy who couldnt cope with frenetic gameplay like left 4 dead or mario kart or mr driller because the almost total lack of control brought out this really bad case of nerves he had, and mario party brought out the worst in him.
    Not saying you a pussy or something but theres plenty of people who dislike games like these for the lack of control and hypertension just like people who cant stand rythm games for the lack of creative freedom.
    Everybody has there thang' if it isnt fun why bother?

I love it because its one of the rare true co-operative gameplay experiences. by that i dont mean crap like "i can only climb over this wall when player two is in the correct position" but "you get my back, i got yours, who knows when something could get us from any direction" its always randomised and always fun.

Case in point a while back it was me, andy, mo' and cap' and it was a hoot, not because of some bullshit "HOO-RAH" wannabe green beret bollocks but because we were starting off running and gunning and swearing up a storm, more so when a hunter or smoker grabbed one of us, but the teamwork was to have fun, not just to survive. We played it for hours, gettin' achievements and killing a few thousand zombies. why? because it was much more fun than any co-op shooter bollocks nowadays that preceded it or came after.

No checkpoints. no cover. no enemies with guns at all.

just a suburb in a flood, or a swamp in the south, or a dead and cleared out n'walins town being given the old "operation hammerfall" by the military.

know why its not tense? because i have friends watching my guys back, simple as that.

United States
    Yeah, lt might be better to play with other people. . .I dunno. I really only get that kinda nervous on FPS games or sometimes in PVP like say in WOW. I used to get a little nervous on platform games, but that was an exciting happy times kind of nervous. Meh. . . .who knows?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Canada
    it is settled. Me, hellsing, and cap or Andy are going to break your L4D fun virginity Clangers.