Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Nintendo's next handheld.. the 3DS

United States
    Nintendo announced a 3DS hardware revision, the 3DS XL during the Nintendo Direct event last night:

Prices
    NA: $199
    EU: N/A
    JP: ¥18000

Release Dates
    NA: August 19th
    EU: July 28th
    JP: July 28th

Screen Size
    The screens are each 90% bigger, resulting in a 4.88 inch top screen and a 4.18 inch bottom screen. Same resolution as 3DS.

Battery Life
    3.5 to 6.5 hours when playing 3DS games (3DS is 3 to 5).
    6 to 10 hours for DS games (3DS is 5 to 8).

AC Adapter
    The AC adapter is being sold separately for Europe and Japan. In North America, the AC adapter is included.

SD CARD
    A 4GB SD card is included for all regions

Colors
    NA: Red/Black and Blue/Black
    EU: Red/Black, Silver/Black, Blue/Black
    JP: Red/Black, Silver/Black, White
    Original

XL

I'm still not sure if I'll trade up, but those bigger screens are a welcome addition.

The lack of a second analog slider is surprising, but since no 3DS game has really used the circle pad pro in any intuitive way, it probably won't be missed for too long.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 22-Jun-2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: added image

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I now own a 3DS XL (thanks to being tight and having a lot of savings.)
    I would recommend it over the original for a first time buyer and it is highly recommended for anyone willing to pay the asking price of £180 but make no mistake it's just a larger 3DS and admit it is a big pricey so it's up to you.
    In comparison to the original it works great especially for Starfox 64 3D where enemy units were small and hard to pinpoint or see on the original. I can also see just how detailed Resident Evil Mercs and Revelations are now too. Super Mario 3D Land looks exceptional on it BUT Super Street Fighter IV and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D suffer the transition.