Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D on your computer, without glasses!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed

3D on your computer, without glasses!

This is kinda awesome, it uses similar technology to 3D TV but it doesn't require glasses - but you do need the skill of being able to cross your eyes...

Practise this video and practise getting your eyes to meet in the middle to bring the two images together - follow the instructions (basically cross your eyes but not too much, just so the black dots at the bottom meet in the middle), I also find obscuring your peripheral vision at each side will help to bring the image together fully.

It takes a bit of practise but it's an awesome effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBa-bCxsZDk

Once you've managed to keep your eyes in the middle and can see the 3D image, have a look at these videos...they look awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOUO3...eature=related

Gives you a real idea of what 3D TV is going to feel like....

One tip: take off your glasses if you wear them!!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've got nothing.

Well, I take that back. I now have a headache from crossing my eyes for 5 minutes...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    lol, keep practising, it does work!! if it's any help you don't have to cross your eyes too much - probably 20% of how far u can normally go...

You'll find that once you get it, you can sit there with it until you look away....
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I've got nothing.

Well, I take that back. I now have a headache from crossing my eyes for 5 minutes...
    that's hilarious dude.

I was thinking the same thing. Why would i potentially ruin my sight and get headaches and stuff, cause let's face it, crossing your eyes is very unatural, in order to achieve an effect i could get by donning the right glasses?

You guys can cross you eyes while i go see Clash of the Titans on Friday with my free 3d specs.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    You guys can cross you eyes while i go see Clash of the Titans on Friday with my free 3d specs.
    I want to see that flick too....but beware of the 3D. The 3D version of Titans is the cheap after-thought process. Slice and dice. It usually doesn't turn out very good. And in this case they supposedly did a very rushed job on it.

Just some food for thought.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I want to see that flick too....but beware of the 3D. The 3D version of Titans is the cheap after-thought process. Slice and dice. It usually doesn't turn out very good. And in this case they supposedly did a very rushed job on it.

Just some food for thought.
    Thnx for the heads up. If it's that annoying I'll just take them off. It would be disapointing but but not a deal breaker, i wouldn't just walk out.

When i went to see avatar, the effects were great and even when the glasses weren't on the film still looked normal.

I can remember back in the day, when 3d technology was not what it is now, it was actually painful for me to watch movies without the propper eyewear on. It was just a red and blue mess.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    stop hijacking my thread and start crossing your eyes!! this really does work man and you don't need to cross them too much - just to join the screens in the middle....

on the side note: 3D glasses and particularly domestic 3D TV sets give people major headaches...the movies are slightly easier but when this stuff goes domestic, prepare for a huge surge in Ibuprofen shares...

England
    My graphics card came packaged with a load of blurb saying it supports full 3D technology, I wonder when it will be that I actually see it put into practice? no doubt i'll need to replace my monitor to do it!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    stop hijacking my thread and start crossing your eyes!! this really does work man and you don't need to cross them too much - just to join the screens in the middle....

on the side note: 3D glasses and particularly domestic 3D TV sets give people major headaches...the movies are slightly easier but when this stuff goes domestic, prepare for a huge surge in Ibuprofen shares...

Yeah, it kinda does work. However, all i can see is those black dots and not much else.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Seriously....still got nothing. And it hurts.
    Last edited by bassman; 31-Mar-2010 at 01:59 PM.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Well that was blurry, horrible and gave me a headache, thanks.

The problem is, when I cross my eyes, my vision not only doubles but goes blurry too. So even when I got the dots to cross over each other, it was too blurred to get any 3D effect.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 30-Mar-2010 at 07:54 PM.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    bah you're all useless...took me ten mins and I can do it every time now, and the result is awesome...!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    bah you're all useless...
    Says the guy that now permanently looks like this:

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    why did you write that twice?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Whoa, thanks dude. I was able to achieve this within about 15 seconds. Fucking cool stuff!