Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christian Tea Party Terrorists.

United States

Christian Tea Party Terrorists.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

-Whatever happened to well regulated?

FBI and local law enforcement pictures raid Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio. The plotted on defending America from the "Anti Christ." Apparently that includes threatening and plotting to kill a law enforcement officer.

Including planting IED's to destroy a funeral procession.

"According to the indictment, Hutaree members view local, state and federal law enforcement authorities as the enemy and have been preparing to engage them in armed conflict."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/29/...ex.html?hpt=T2

The website show's a patch with a cross and two crossed knives. Also look's like their Tea party fans too! (The video explores their site)

These people are terrorists, plotting terrorist activities. They should be tossed lock and key with the other Terrorists we captured from Iraq and Afghanistan. Imagine the uproar if they were Muslim's plotting this. The out cry! Ohh the humanity they would say.

Should they be treated the same way as muslim terrorists we capture?

Should the fact that they are US citizen's have any barring on this? (Consider the American born Terrorists fighting against us in Iraq and Afghanistan, any different?)

Thoughts on their tea party affiliation?
    Last edited by Exatreides; 29-Mar-2010 at 04:01 PM.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Super Moderator

United States
    Wait, you mean there were some crazy people who joined a militia?

Shocking.

Every organization has it's fringe elements, though it does sometimes seem that the Tea Party has more fringe than bad 80s rocker wear.

Exibit A:

However, populist anti-government movements pull from all over the map, so this is bound to happen when a group outside the sanctioned two parties starts to hit its stride.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 29-Mar-2010 at 04:35 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Should they be treated the same way as muslim terrorists we capture?
    Well, the charge is Sedition, not specificly Terrorism (or being an enemy combatant per se). It's homegrown trouble by citizens, and extra heinous.

Regardless of political/idealogical/religious affiliation - if you start planning to kill law enforcement, expect the book to be thrown at you.

This applies to Tea Partiers, Weathermen, and even militant splinter factions of Up With People.

I just wanted to get that in before the shouting...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    At least under communism there was order, you know! Nobody considered doing anything like this. Ever. At all.

Super Moderator

United States
    In Soviet Russia...___________ ___________s you!

Anybody? Anybody?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    At least under communism there was order, you know! Nobody considered doing anything like this. Ever. At all.
    Oh, I'm sure they 'thought' about it, they just never spoke out in public (or most of them in private as well, never knowing who would tell on you to ensure a one-way ticket to the lovely resorts of Siberia).

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Myths and fabrications, I tell ya!

United States
    It's not their fault. Since it's soooooo cool to hate law enforcement and throw them under the bus at every opportunity, these guys just thought actually killing one would be the next logical step in that progression.

I personally don't care what happens to them. I'm not going to weep if they're thrown into a bag and drowned, but I'm also not going to cry a river for the Muslim shitbags, either. The existence of the scum in this article doesn't give the twats from elsewhere a free pass, so sorry.

United States
    Exatreides, you should stick to doing comedy and leave politics for others.

The points you miss are striking, but I'm not surprised that you missed them. 1st the fed leaked that militia members were going to be charged with building and selling pipe bombs... but that idea is laughable because the only people who purchase pipe bombs are federal agents and anybody with half an ounce of sense knows that.

Then, after that tactic was obvious failing, they claimed the raids were due to supposed threats made by the members against Muslim groups in the country... that, however, would have led to the quesiton "so why is it OK for militant anti-US Muslim groups to operate openly in the United States, as they do, at places such as Islamburg?" So that was dropped.

The stance of "they were arrested for weapons infractions" was too reminiscent of Waco and Ruby Ridge, so that was dropped in favor of "they were targeting police." Hey, everyone loves police, right?

But I'm sure you know nothing of that, since you grabbed a blurb and ran with it like a lemming. And as for the Tea Party connotation? What are you, like 12?
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

United States
    I posted this story as soon as it broke. The things you are speaking about weren't known the time I posted it.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to try to come to defend these seditious dogs.

The tea party implication was not made by me, but by CNN. I merely pointed it out

Please Anti Government and Religious fundamentalists? If Fred Phelps had a military wing, these guys would be it. They probably do lines of blow on framed pictures of Ron Paul. And listen to Prussian Blue as they pass the time waiting to kill cops.

They are insane.

Their forum has a section called "The Evil Jew Forum." http://www.hutaree.com/forum/

The fact that you're defending them has to be comedy... Right?
    Last edited by Exatreides; 30-Mar-2010 at 01:06 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    The tea party implication was not made by me, but by CNN. I merely pointed it out
    CNN? Don't get me started on them, I guess they're the more moderate of the liberal media outlets...

MSNBC is another story.

I always get a kick out of the fact that MSNBC always attempts to attack Fox News for never being 'fair and balanced' as they deem it and yet they employ Keith Olbermann (extremist liberal) and Rachel Maddows (extremist liberal), and Chris Matthews (extremist liberal).

Certainly, Fox News is leaning more towards the right, but for MSNBC to proclaim itself as anything other than the antithesis of Fox News for the leftists is a joke.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    I posted this story as soon as it broke. The things you are speaking about weren't known the time I posted it.
    The things I'm talking were known just after the raids began and the information began to leak. I took an interest and looked into the subject and it wasn't hard to find the jumping around by the Feds when trying to link a reason behind their raids.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to try to come to defend these seditious dogs.
    About as long as it took someone to condemn them based on a federal warrant and the media coverage.

Please Anti Government and Religious fundamentalists? If Fred Phelps had a military wing, these guys would be it. They probably do lines of blow on framed pictures of Ron Paul. And listen to Prussian Blue as they pass the time waiting to kill cops.

They are insane.

Their forum has a section called "The Evil Jew Forum." http://www.hutaree.com/forum
    This just further points out your ignorance on the subject. The Evil Jew Forum is obviously satirizing themselves, not Jews... which a simple click of that link proves, so either you're being willfully obtuse or you never clicked the link.

As to the rest of the drivel, you should get a job working for MSNBC. That level of intelligence and non-smear reporting would fit right in.

The fact that you're defending them has to be comedy... Right?
    Not a bit. But I don't expect someone like you to understand that.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

United States
    So you would defend Timmothy Mcvay and his anti government stance? The Religious wacko's at Waco? The Unibomber then? Any other domestic terrorist's you support? How about that guy who rammed a plane into an IRS building?

There exists no difference between those with the anti government sentiment they displayed and these guys. Worse even these guys are religious fundamentalists to the 10th power. Praising about the end times, confused and willing to kill for a religion (with the exception of Waco those guys were religious nutters too)
    . Explain to me how you can defend ramming a plane into a building because you're too stupid to do your own taxes. Explain how you can defend Waco's madness. Better yet make me understand how you can defend the same type of people that blew up a truck in Oklahoma city and killed hundreds of innocent Americans.

If those attacks were stopped before they happened, would you be defending them?

Terrorism is terrorism and if enough proof is gathered to stop an attack before hand.. Then better.

Have to find proof? their video's and documentation on the site is more then enough to shut them down.

Well Arc I would rather have these scum judged by 12 then their victims carried by six.

I'm not going to sling personal insults at you, this isn't the old HPOTD forum. Grow up
    Last edited by Exatreides; 30-Mar-2010 at 07:04 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

This is getting good, ignore me.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    In Soviet Russia... militia arrests you!

Anybody? Anybody?
    Russian police are called "militia."
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria