Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Freakin' Awesome...

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    Like Scott, i use the 24P mode on the DVX100 and I also run my footage through Magic Bullet so i can achieve a certain look. when i use MB i usually use the Epic setting then i turn down the 3 strip process which is defaulted at 70.00 to 22.00 which darkens up the picture. I also de-saaturate a lot of my footage so it has a washed out look.

Scott, what film proggy are you guys using?
    The guy who owns the production company that it helping me out has a top notch program that they use for commercials and films. I am not sure of the programs name, but I will find out for you. Also, I've always liked Magic Bullet and CineLook.

Just been bitten Pistolero Films's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Thanks guys. I ordered Magic Bullet before Christmas but have not had the chance to fool around with it.

Visitd the myspace sites you have set up Scott and your other work looks incredible as well.

United States
    Just got a chance to watch this & all I can say is WOW !! Great job to everyone that worked on the film !! I've seen plenty of big budget films in my life that don't come close to this. Keep up the great work & good luck in your future projects !

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunker65
    Just got a chance to watch this & all I can say is WOW !! Great job to everyone that worked on the film !! I've seen plenty of big budget films in my life that don't come close to this. Keep up the great work & good luck in your future projects !
    All of your kind words are much appreciated. I have been a fan of zombie films for a while and decided to take the formula that works but make it into my own type of zombie film. I'd say my biggest influence had to have been: Day of the Dead, as well as Return of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead.

Undisclosed
    Really nice job. Good work on the zombies, there were a few torn up bits that had a great organic look to them. I had noticed that the better part of the festivals you mentioned were kinda centered around the New York area. You in this neck of the woods? If so (I'm in Brooklyn), maybe we could collaborate in some way in the future. Alway nice to find a another zombie head around, and one who's a good filmmaker is even better.

And thanks for putting up that list of festivals, I just sent a copy of the post to the director of the film I had just posted on here (A Terrorist Ate My Brain), he said he was looking for some additional appropriate fests to sling it at. That was shot DVX100 24P also - I love that camera.

If 2 out of your 3 grand was for insurance and permits, jeez you did a bang-up job with the other thousand. Has your makeup person done any other work, or have a site or something? Send my congratulations to 'em. And maybe contact info from them. I've been talking with the executive producers of the feature I just finished doing fx for, and I might be able to work a deal for a few hundred grand to do a zombie script we have next year. Gonna need help there.

Congrats, and good luck at the festivals.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by 7feet
    Really nice job. Good work on the zombies, there were a few torn up bits that had a great organic look to them. I had noticed that the better part of the festivals you mentioned were kinda centered around the New York area. You in this neck of the woods? If so (I'm in Brooklyn), maybe we could collaborate in some way in the future. Alway nice to find a another zombie head around, and one who's a good filmmaker is even better.

And thanks for putting up that list of festivals, I just sent a copy of the post to the director of the film I had just posted on here (A Terrorist Ate My Brain), he said he was looking for some additional appropriate fests to sling it at. That was shot DVX100 24P also - I love that camera.

If 2 out of your 3 grand was for insurance and permits, jeez you did a bang-up job with the other thousand. Has your makeup person done any other work, or have a site or something? Send my congratulations to 'em. And maybe contact info from them. I've been talking with the executive producers of the feature I just finished doing fx for, and I might be able to work a deal for a few hundred grand to do a zombie script we have next year. Gonna need help there.

Congrats, and good luck at the festivals.
    7feet, I am from Long Island, and I am currently working on a few short films right now. My most recent super short film, NIGHTMARE will be composed by my friend Mars over at www.DeadHouseMusic.com . He's a great composer and he's a horror fan just like us. Let's work together. My next project is shooting in mid to late summer: THE FOREST HILLS, and then I'll be hitting up the festivals this fall, especially the ones in the New York area, and then in the early winter get ready for my feature.

The SFX artists name is John T. Farley (from NJ) and he has a website with his work up at: www.johntfarley.com . He's a fun and down to earth guy, very easy to work with and has a great personality.

United States
    This is very cool. 2 area guys, 7feet & Scott Goldberg making great short films . Must be something in our NY water !!