Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freakin' Awesome...

United States

Freakin' Awesome...

The Day They Came Back

This film by Scott Goldberg is an excellent zombie short. 23 minutes long. I wish it was longer! The beginning narration reminded me of Resident Evil, but quickly outshines that film. Check it out!

IN his words:

THE DAY THEY CAME BACK' is a no-budget independent zombie film that was shot on a miniscule budget of $3,000. Due to such a low budget, a lot of technical
    problems occured during the making of the film. Marinho Nobre, myself and a select few others have been working hard in the studio to fix those problems and
    make the film the best we could get it with the deadline we had to release it, so fans like yourself can watch the film online. Thank you for your support. -
    Scott Goldberg

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    WOW... DOUBLE WOW!

That was a great flick. DAMN! I am at a loss for words. That was filmed on 3 grand? Jesus. It was amazing, compelling and most of all... Out-freaking-standing.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    Most impressive!
    "How dare, Unicron... Cybertron and all its moons belongs to me!"

Memoirs of Lord_Galvatron, Avatar of Unicron

United States
    wow!!!

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Anyone know if it is possible to download this, or can i only watch it online?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe
    I'm on that........still looking.

ViP

United States
    Just watched it and it was cool. The Deadpit guys have had Scott on their show a couple of times.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe
    kazaaa?, bittorrent?

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    WOW... DOUBLE WOW!

That was a great flick. DAMN! I am at a loss for words. That was filmed on 3 grand? Jesus. It was amazing, compelling and most of all... Out-freaking-standing.
    especially considering clerks cost like ,what? 'bout 33 grand?
    Last edited by Danny; 05-Jun-2006 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Hello all,
    Thank you for the support and kind words about THE DAY THEY CAME BACK. It recently won Best Short Screenplay at the 2006 Long Island Film Festival and I have some festival news that I will post here for screenings of the film so far:

2006 Pocono Mountains Film Fesitval
    August 3rd-5th, 2006 - PA
    www.PoconoMountainsFilmFestival.com

2006 Eerie Horror Film Festival
    October 4th-8th, 2006 - Erie, PA
    www.EerieHorrorFilmFestival.com

2006 It Came From Lake Michigan Film Festival
    October 20th-22nd, 2006 - Racine, Wisconson
    www.ItCameFromLakeMichigan.com

2006 Rhode Island International Film Festival
    October 6th-8th, 2006 - RI
    (Pending for 'Zombiethon' Night which is Saturday, October 7th, 2006)

We have also sent it to a couple of other film festivals in the fall, but those have not confirmed as of yet.

As for downloading the film, I did not host the flm online. www.RubyFilmz.com did. If you'd like to obtain a copy, we will be handing some out at the film festivals in the fall, with commentaries and behind the scenes footage.

Super Moderator

UK
    Clerks cost (estimated) around $27,000 ... which is around £14,300, of course those dollars are then and those pounds are now, so...

Still though, it was a gutsy move on Smith's part to just run up a load of credit cards, geeeeezus that was a risky move. I certainly wouldn't recommend that, although he still does, but think about it ... Clerks did really well after a hard slog, but because it spoke to the target audience and was really well written then it succeeded. I think a lot of people have/are/will do the same but their script isn't anywhere near as good, it might drag on and on and it might be something already seen before or says things already said.

Clerks is friggin' awesome, roll on Clerks 2 and the new animated movie/series!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Goldberg
    Hello all,
    Thank you for the support and kind words about THE DAY THEY CAME BACK. It recently won Best Short Screenplay at the 2006 Long Island Film Festival and I have some festival news that I will post here for screenings of the film so far:

2006 Pocono Mountains Film Fesitval
    August 3rd-5th, 2006 - PA
    www.PoconoMountainsFilmFestival.com

2006 Eerie Horror Film Festival
    October 4th-8th, 2006 - Erie, PA
    www.EerieHorrorFilmFestival.com

2006 It Came From Lake Michigan Film Festival
    October 20th-22nd, 2006 - Racine, Wisconson
    www.ItCameFromLakeMichigan.com

2006 Rhode Island International Film Festival
    October 6th-8th, 2006 - RI
    (Pending for 'Zombiethon' Night which is Saturday, October 7th, 2006)

We have also sent it to a couple of other film festivals in the fall, but those have not confirmed as of yet.

As for downloading the film, I did not host the flm online. www.RubyFilmz.com did. If you'd like to obtain a copy, we will be handing some out at the film festivals in the fall, with commentaries and behind the scenes footage.
    It is a great film, I was shocked you pulled that off on $3,000. Did the budget include your equipment or do you usually bill that seperately? I noticed from pictures I have seen that you shot the film on a DVX100. What are your thoughts on the camera. I use one and love it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    Clerks cost (estimated) around $27,000 ... which is around £14,300, of course those dollars are then and those pounds are now, so...

Still though, it was a gutsy move on Smith's part to just run up a load of credit cards, geeeeezus that was a risky move. I certainly wouldn't recommend that, although he still does, but think about it ... Clerks did really well after a hard slog, but because it spoke to the target audience and was really well written then it succeeded. I think a lot of people have/are/will do the same but their script isn't anywhere near as good, it might drag on and on and it might be something already seen before or says things already said.

Clerks is friggin' awesome, roll on Clerks 2 and the new animated movie/series!

to quote chef ,before he jioned the super adventurers club and became a pedophile, "your damn straight".

and something tells me mz bought the clerks x 10th anniversary addition.

....along with "the flying car"

Australia
    Here we go:

http://www.rubyfilmz.com/media/tdtcbw.mov

And its 125MB, by the way.

Undisclosed
    That was pretty cool little movie, good job.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    It is a great film, I was shocked you pulled that off on $3,000. Did the budget include your equipment or do you usually bill that seperately? I noticed from pictures I have seen that you shot the film on a DVX100. What are your thoughts on the camera. I use one and love it.
    I insurance and permits to shoot at the location where all the ruin's were, was about $2,000 ($1,500 for insurance, and $500 for permits) and the rest was for equipment rentals and people helping out, and lending equipment, like the camera, sound equipment, etc.

I do like the DVX100. It's a great camera. I shot one of my recent shorts with it, called: ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS, which is currently in film festival circulation along with, THE DAY THEY CAME BACK so I do think it gives independent filmmakers the opportunity to make short films and features on a very low budget. You just have to know what you're shooting and how to use the camera and tell the story with the camera as well. It's very important to be able to use it and make beautiful images with it, like a painting. To me, filmmaking is an art form and should never be done without the passion and love for the arts.
    Last edited by Scott Goldberg; 05-Jun-2006 at 03:19 PM.