Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your fav horror movie scene non zombie related?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    That scene is VERY creepy, man!!!
    There's a scene in The Exorcism of Emily Rose where she's laying on the floor, contorted in this insane position staring up at her boyfriend that gave me the willies!!
    Why do you think they cut it out?

Is The Exorcism of Emily Rose worth watching?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    Is The Exorcism of Emily Rose worth watching?
    I liked it. I was expecting a rip-off of The Exorcist but it turned out to be a decent watch. It's an interesting twist to the "Demonically possessed" genre - worth watching at least once.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Although it's technically not a horror film...

I would have to say the scene in "Donnie Darko" when he hears the "Wake up...." voice and then walks outside to see Frank The Bunny standing across the lawn.

The first time I saw that, it sent chills down my spine.....weird stuff. Props to Richard Kelly for creating that bunny mask. It's very memorable and quite freaky the first time around.

Anyone else notice that the back of the original R1 DVD for "Donnie Darko" is so incorrect? I don't have it with me but it says something along the lines of "Donnie Darko must save the world from a demonic bunny". Demonic bunny???.....did the marketing people even watch the film?...

ViP

Undisclosed
    Exorcist III: the extreme long shot down the hallway guarding Father Dyer's room ... no music, no pan, no zoom ... just minutes of tension before the white cloaked figure rushes the frame with shears the size of my car and a music cue that makes me soil myself while simultaneously screaming like a small girl.

Banned User

United States
    The exorcism of emily rose was a good movie. The scene where she was in the church and bent backwards creeped me out.

Canada
    i forgot about that scene in exorsist 3. it scared the crap out of me and my brother when i was young

Undisclosed
    I liked that scene in Exorcist 3. I was sitting at home with some friends watching it, and when that scene came up, I fell backwards in my chair, I jumped so hard...

Undisclosed
    3 words: Bear. Costume. Dude.

From the Shining, near the end when Wendy finally realizes something's wrong with the place and is running around looking for Danny, see turns a corner and sees, in an open room down the hall, for absolutely no explainable reason, this:

Not exactly scary, but damned unsettling nonetheless. My Fav.

"I'm a repairman in an imperfect world."
    -Kevin McDonald, Kids in the Hall

http://www.myspace.com/lightninglice

Canada

Thumbs down

Post deleted.
    Last edited by dogma789; 12-Feb-2011 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Deleted post.

Banned User

United States

Thumbs up It's a toss up...

between a few of them.

In the original Salem's Lot when Danny Glick pops out of his coffin and bites Mike Ryerson (the gravedigger)

The autopsy in John Carpenter's The Thing

The dinner scene in Alien

Michael Myers disappearing after Dr. Loomis shoots him off the balcony in the original Halloween

Little Jason jumping up and grabbing the girl out of the boat in the original Friday the 13th

The quacking voice on New York Ripper

The phone caller in Black Christmas

The old man at the beginning of Silent Night, Deadly Night

etc, etc, etc.
    Last edited by Tri0xin; 15-Mar-2006 at 04:59 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    hmm heres a few that scared me.

the grudge remake - the scene where the woman is being chased home and the thing is turning the lights off the stiars different levels and its going "u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-...", granted it was a ****e film but it was still scary.

mothman prophecies - most horror fans hate this film but f-u i dug it!, and found myself thoroughly creeped out.

i found a home movie of myself watching one of the howling films and enjoying it, and i was about 4 ,then inspector gadget comes on and i run behind the sofa screaming,lol.

league of gentlemenchristmas special - papa lazarou, need i say more? "HELLO DAVE!"

i know they werent meant to be but i found those old schnapz 'judderman' as profoudnly creepy.

the blair witch was a little scary when they whent into the house at the end.

jhonny depp & meichal jackson - in general.

my favourite scary moment has to be after watching audition, in general i was paranoid of strangers for about three weeks.

United States
    Oh there are so many but one of the ones that really sticks out for me the last couple years is the scene in Audition where psycho chick is waiting by the phone for the dad to call her. In the background is a big duffel-looking bag. When the phone finally rings the bag suddenly lurches and rolls to one side. That just freaked me out.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman