Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year (Rosh Hashanah)

United States

Happy New Year (Rosh Hashanah)

From one Jew to another and to everyone else. Happy 5771! May it be full of Honey and good news.

I'm gonna hit up temple, then get drunk till friday night when the Holiday ends. Yeah it's a two dayish new year.

At ease liver, at ease boy.

Well here's some Jewish/Polish Traditional/Metal to celebrate with.

Have a good one.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Super Moderator

Germany
    Shanah Tovah.

Super Moderator

United States
    If it's acceptable to say Mazel tov at this point and juncture, then put me down for one, and Happy New Year!
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 09-Sep-2010 at 03:26 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's weird because although it's not official my firm has for all intents and purposes shut down being that about 80% of our attorneys are jewish.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    happy new year! I used to have a Jewish friend in school. He was a really nice guy. Very cool religion you got there. More power to you.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    happy new year! I used to have a Jewish friend in school. He was a really nice guy. Very cool religion you got there. More power to you.
    All religions are very cool.

It's the extremists and idiots that pervert them in a way they were never intended to be, that's the problem.

Like the old saying goes, "God is perfect, it's religion that has been perverted by man."

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Like the old saying goes, "God is perfect, it's religion that has been perverted by man."
    Kinda like that chump that's going to have a massive book of Quran burning on the 11th? Or Kuran....however it's spelled.

What an idiot....
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Sep-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Kinda like that chump that's going to have a massive book of Quran burning on the 11th? Or Kuran....however it's spelled.

What an idiot....
    That guy actually has prominent politicians and Generals pleading with him to not do this.

It's a disgusting thing he's doing but a brilliant power grab, imo.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The friggin president asked him not to do it. It's been built up so much now....I wouldn't be surprised it he or someone at the burning gets killed...
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Sep-2010 at 07:55 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    That guy actually has prominent politicians and Generals pleading with him to not do this.

It's a disgusting thing he's doing but a brilliant power grab, imo.

It is brilliant in its own way. Cross your enemy in such a way to draw an equal or larger reaction to further insight and push a conflict. This is similar to what terrorists do to draw a response from their enemies that will bring even more sympathy to their cause.

Should be interesting, and quite possibly deadly, to see how this plays out.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 09-Sep-2010 at 08:00 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    It is brilliant in its own way. Cross your enemy in such a way to draw an equal or larger reaction to further insight and push a conflict. This is similar to what terrorists do to draw a response from their enemies that will bring even more sympathy to their cause.

Should be interesting, and quite possibly deadly, to see how this plays out.
    I don't agree with many things he says but the rep. minority leader said, "just because you have a right to do something doesn't mean you should."

United States
    What I don't get is, all this attention to this book-burning moron, and he only has what, 50 followers?

I don't agree with many things he says but the rep. minority leader said, "just because you have a right to do something doesn't mean you should."
    This is true, however, if we took away his freedom of expression to do this, we'd have to restrict our own freedoms. As they say, "what's good for the goose is good for the gander"

I had to pound that into my wife's head last night. I said "look, we may not like what he's doing, and it may be uncomfortable for everyone, however, he does indeed have a right to do this - right or wrong"

I just wish people would stop giving the dick attention.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 09-Sep-2010 at 08:29 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

This is true, however, if we took away his freedom of expression to do this, we'd have to restrict our own freedoms. As they say, "what's good for the goose is good for the gander"
    You mean like say, building a religious center wherever you like?

United States
    You mean like say, building a religious center wherever you like?

Weeellllll..........

Now th eopponents are trying to get somebody (Non-Muslim) to buy the building:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...nald_trum.html

Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Weeellllll..........

Now th eopponents are trying to get somebody (Non-Muslim) to buy the building:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...nald_trum.html

It's funny because when Tim Mcveigh did what he did people didn't discriminate against christians did they?

Also, one of the investrs says they would back out completely, if the price is right.

Where's drew carey and wayne Brady when you need them?

Last edited by darth los; 09-Sep-2010 at 08:53 PM.