Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

United States

Breaking Bad

anyone else a fan of this show? i just started watching it over the last month or so, they had a huge marathon of the first two seasons prior to the third season starting up and i was lucky enough to catch most of the episodes.

i'm not much of a tv guy, but holy shit, i'm about addicted to this show. easily the best thing i've seen on tv in years. thinking of picking up the first couple seasons on dvd, it's that great.

if you've not seen/heard of this show, do yourself a favor and check it out. you won't be disappointed.

United States
    Agreed, "B.B." is an amazing show, one of the best on T.V. right now (of course there's only about 5 shows I actually keep up with anymore). It ranks up there for me on my short list with my most favorite show on right now (and I think one of the finest shows ever created, IMO): "Sons of Anarchy" (see my signature). If you haven't checked out "SOA" you should as it's also very gritty and real like "B.B." ("SOA" is a contemporary re-telling of "Hamlet").

Incidentally, I had a "SOA" dream last night in which Kris Kristofferson came to Knoxville to start up a Knoxville-branch of the Sons' and I became a member responsible for all the finances.

j.p.
    Last edited by JDFP; 10-Apr-2010 at 11:24 PM.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    kinda hard to believe you're the only other fellow interested in this jp...surely somebody else has seen it (and if you've seen it, it's hard not to get hooked).

saw a cover story in entertainment weekly's shitty magazine that listed the 10 best shows on tv. wanted to see where breaking bad ranked, so i took a gander. they had it listed at #2, which i wasn't too displeased with...until i saw what show they chose above it: (get ready)

dancing with the fucking stars. are you fucking kidding me!?!?!
    i know it's just a stupid-ass magazine with one little dumb list, but it really ticked me off seeing that....it amazes me what passes for entertainment these days.

anyway, i always work sunday nights and end up missing the initial airing and have to catch up later during a re-airing or when it becomes available on demand. really interested to see how walt react's to skyler's bombshell she dropped on him before dinner. (and i must say, i'm pretty fucking disappointed in what she did, given everything he told her that morning)

but yeah, fucking great show, easily the best on tv, fuck that dancing with the has-beens shit.

United Kingdom
    A lad in work was on about Breaking Bad, in fact he was raving about it, so I've been meaning to check it out.

JD: Sons Of Anarchy is one of the best things I've seen on TV ever. I missed it the first time it was on over here in the UK, so I grabbed the 2 seasons off a torrent, and both me and my wife were blown away by it, it's absolutely superb. Up there with The Sopranos, if not better IMO. It took me a while to realise that the guy who plays Jax is the guy with the ridiculous cockney accent in the film Green Street (football hooligan film with the guy who played Frodo).
    Kill 'em All

United States
    damn this show just keeps getting better. i have total faith in AMC to handle the "walking dead" series, solely based off of how great breaking bad and mad men are.

for those who haven't seen any of season 3 and want to catch up, AMC will be having a season 3 marathon this friday evening.

seriously folks, if you've not given this show a chance yet, just tune in....

Super Moderator

United States
    I haven't given the show a look yet, but it's on my list of series to rent/netflix. Hopefully I can get the first season streaming and watch it over a week.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    holy crap, things are really coming to a boil on this show. the guys writing this stuff are fucking brilliant, this show is addictive to me as walt's meth is to all the albuquerque junkies.

i'm going to go out and pick up the first two seasons on dvd sometime next month, the show is that damn good.

United States
    wow. major events going down in last night's episode. still having a rough time believing so few of you guys are watching this show. it is truly amazing.

oh and just ordered the 1st & 2nd seasons on dvd, planning on catching up on the one's i'd missed...but wow. last night's show was fucking great, and the last five minutes i was literally on the edge of my seat. great stuff.

United States
    Breaking Bad is a great series. Besides the characters and story my favorite part is the Cinematography. In nearly every episode we are treated to blue sky and desert scenes. An austere setting with a richness born of desolation.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

England
    Just starting the 3rd series of this and want to echo the previous comments. Superb.
    The characters are so rich and interesting. The brother in law and lawyer crack me up everytime there on screen.
    Can be surreal at times.
    Soundtrack is excellent if you have a home cinema setup. Reminds me of a Luc Besson movie. I keep expecting Jean Reno to turn up at any moment.
    Check it out people is worth your time.
    Very hopeful for The Walking Dead as a result of this.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i gave it a lot of tries in its first season but the writing and plot development was a bit to bland for me. shame considering i found the performance form the lead to be pretty damn good.

though he'll never shake the stigma of being both hal from malcom in the middle and the producer for the power rangers

United States
    tonight's episode was the set-up for next week's season finale...and wow, what a set-up it was.

i could go on for quite a bit about what happened, but to keep it simple, this episode was awesome, probably the best of the 3rd season. all kinds of character development and revelations, puzzle pieces coming together to form the big pictures, etc...and the ending was just, wow...."HOLY FUCK!!" is the fist phrase that comes to mind. totally didn't see that coming.

oh, and from what i've heard, the season finale is nearly 2 hours long. i'm pretty excited, but bummed cuz after this it'll likely be next spring before new episodes begin airing.

for my money, breaking bad is the best thing on tv in years. hands down.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 07-Jun-2010 at 10:44 PM.

England
    Only upto ep6 of the 3rd series so it's still a slow burner for me.
    Some very interesting developments with the fast food Don. He's a very strange mix character wise. Noble so far but I have my suspicions about him.
    Getting through 2 sometimes 3 episodes a night so should be upto speed come the finale.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    last night's ending was one of the most tense and shocking things i've ever seen on tv. i'm going to post a vid here showing what happened before it gets yanked down.

huge spoiler below for those who've not seen everything that's gone on till now:

for those who've not seen/don't follow BB: the characters of walt and jesse, what they've been through together as partners-in-crime and how it's affected them and everyone around them makes this show one of the most amazing stories i've ever seen with some of the best plot and character development. EVER. you seriously need to check this show out if you enjoy character-driven stories.

the finale is going to be awesome, can't fucking wait...and season 4 should be quite interesting (especially with hank's character, i'm predicting.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 07-Jun-2010 at 10:10 PM.

England

Up until that point i was pretty disappointed. They had introduced the character of the little boy and Jesses shag late in the season and there wasnt that emotional attatchment for me when the boy was executed so i was left a bit disappointed.
    But shit. When the car came screaming onscreen you just knew it was about to get fucked up. Bit of a shame cause i love the noble don character and now the've crossed him.
    Im asumming theres going to be a season 4 so it will be interesting to see what happens then. they cant go on the run can they? Walts family etc.
    Has so much shit happened to 2 characters in tv history as a result of the decisions they make?
    Great stuff.
    MORE MORE MORE PLEASE

MY HOME CINEMA