Thread: anyone want a cheap NOTLD novelization

ViP

United States

anyone want a cheap NOTLD novelization

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    that's the same book i got. that one and return of the living dead(not about the movie) and dawn. wish some one would write a day of the dead book. then i would have the whole set. just like the movies.

United States
    already got a copy of it, along with the return of the living dead novel...which i've never read. anyone bothered reading that one? can't be as bad as the film bearing the same name...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    already got a copy of it, along with the return of the living dead novel...which i've never read. anyone bothered reading that one? can't be as bad as the film bearing the same name...
    it's not about the movie. it takes place after night and the beginning of dawn i guess you could say. it's a real good book. you will like it. after you read it let me know what you think of it. i liked it a lot.

United States
    thanks for the mini-review. think i'll finally get around to reading it sometime this summer (right now i've got two books i'm working on and one on the back burner)

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekiller View Post
    it's not about the movie. it takes place after night and the beginning of dawn i guess you could say. it's a real good book. you will like it. after you read it let me know what you think of it. i liked it a lot.
    Since ROTLD(The novel ) was writ by Russo under a separate publisher than the Susanna Sparrow book, it could be considered an alternate universe to the Romero one. In truth the Dawn novel is subtitled the sequel to Night.
    Make what you will of that.

Wayne Z

United States
    I took the plunge and bought it from this auction. Hopefully it arrives quickly.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The Return book isn't too bad, I am however gald they didn't make a movie from that book because it would not have translated very well. i was extremely happy to see Dan O'Bannon re-do everything and only keep the title since it was Producer Tom Fox who bought the rights.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    The Return book is what got me into all this stuff!!! One of my school mates borrowed it and never gave it back again
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The Return book is what got me into all this stuff!!! One of my school mates borrowed it and never gave it back again
    that bites. i never loan out my books like that one. they got it at amazon if you want another copy. i'm lucky, i got night, return and dawn.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    The Return book isn't too bad, I am however gald they didn't make a movie from that book because it would not have translated very well. i was extremely happy to see Dan O'Bannon re-do everything and only keep the title since it was Producer Tom Fox who bought the rights.
    Is there anything at all carried over from the book? Any themes or sub-plots or set pieces or character names or anything? Heck, even The Lawnmower Man had one brief sequence that was inspired by the short story.