Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Crazies (2010) a Review by DjfunkmasterG

United States
    yeah, i'm adding this one to my dvd collection when it becomes available.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Most definitely worth the add, and the film has great Cinematography too, so I imagine the Blu-Ray will look fantastic which is how I will most likely acquire The Crazies (2010)
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Its a decent flick. I even liked it more than the DAWN remake. So that is a plus for me and I am sure MZ will chime in with his thumbs high on that comment alone.
    I can agree with Deej on this - I also liked The Crazies (2010) more than Yawn04 ... ... although the gap for me is vast, whereas for Deej I imagine it's more modest.

Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I will be the first to admit I've never seen the original, however, the remake was a pretty damn good flick (whoa, did I actually say that out loud?!). I quite enjoyed it, which surprised me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Could this possibly be one of those extremely rare occasions where the remake is better than the original?!
    Nope. As-good-as, but not greater than. Both movies do things better and worse than each other, so it evens out in the end - but really, that's about the best you can hope for when remaking a good movie.

Most definitely worth the add, and the film has great Cinematography too, so I imagine the Blu-Ray will look fantastic which is how I will most likely acquire The Crazies (2010)
    I'm hoping for an extended cut on feature-packed double disc DVD personally ... and none of that "digital copy" bullshit either.

My thoughts on the flick (saw it in the cinema):
    http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2010/03/crazies.html

United States
    I saw it twice, I thought it kicked ass. I gotta find the original someplace supercheap to check it out. Or see if it's on Netflix...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Anyone that has yet to see the original Crazies.....a new remastered version was recently released on both DVD and Blu Ray. You should be able to find it at any major store like Best Buy. The Blu Ray is cheap, too. 10 buckeroos.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I have seen the Blu-Ray version ont he shelf, but this is one of those films were the DVD is suffice.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I have seen the Blu-Ray version ont he shelf, but this is one of those films were the DVD is suffice.
    I would agree with you, but in this particular case the BR was actually cheaper than the DVD. BR for 9.99 and DVD for 14.99. Go figure...

Speaking of BR....I ordered the entire Planet of the Apes SE series on BR for only 40 bucks yesterday! I couldn't believe Amazon had such a good deal. It normally runs around 100.
    Last edited by bassman; 21-Apr-2010 at 12:12 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah Amazon squeaks out a good deal now and then.

Nothing beats getting the Harry Potter Treasure Chest in HD DVD for $5.00 or Getting the ULTIMATE MATRIX HD DVD collection for $5.00 off Inet video. Those who buy the BR paid 3-4 times that price and got the same exact features and I got it at a steal... brand new.

I will admit that lately I have curbed my BR buying habits, the last thing I bought was being in the group buy for ZOMBIELAND steelbook edition, before that I think the last thing I bought on Blu-Ray was the lot of discs I scooped up over the XMAS holidays.

My ZOmbieland BR was a gift from a friend, but otherwise I haven't really been buyingmany blu-rays, but That will change because there is a slew of titles due out in the next 3 weeks that demand a purchase... and no AVATRASH isn't one of them.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I wouldn't call it "AVATRASH", but I'm not getting it either. Bare bones and whatnot. Might eventually get it when the SE comes out. The lady friend really digs it, so...

But back on topic....has a release date for The Crazies remake been set yet?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't think they have set a release date for DVD or BR yet. I will keep an eye out though. I am sure it can't be far off considering it has been out for 9 weeks now in theaters.

I would think this might be a summer release or maybe they will hold off until Halloween time.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Undisclosed
    Missed seeing it in theaters. Was wondering if the knitting needle to the eye scene from the original made an appearance in the remake.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Did not see anything like that, but that may have been too intense for the MPAA, and could make an appearance in the UNRATED cut if their is one.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Ireland
    Saw it last night. Have to say, it's a thousand times better than the original.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Dying

United States
    I watched this a few weeks ago and remember being disappointed. I remember thinking "Well, it beats the original in terms of acting and effects...but it could've been WAY better." I think it was a waste of a remake; this movie could've been 'EPIC,' but instead it settled for 'Meh...all right.'

(Having said that, I will eventually watch it again to reassess my opinion, but as it stands, I don't really remember much from this movie at all.)

Super Moderator

UK
    I agree to some extent with the "EPIC" feel not being as EPIC as I wanted it to be - it ends up becoming a '3 people walking' movie at one point, but equally there are times when it does feel really epic ... so ultimately I thought that the remake did some things better and some things worse than the original, but I came down on the side of digging the flick (after groaning at the trailers for months beforehand).